Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bowmangr

Want to buy a resource ship to make credits. Advice?

45 comments in this topic

[HELLN]
Players
54 posts
10,556 battles

I have a lot of Coal and free xp. I'm continuously running out of credits as I upgrade and buy new ships all the time. I'm thinking of buying one of the ships that are now in the armory for coal or free xp with the sole purpose of using it to make me as much credits as possible when I'm running dry.

I don't know if mid-tier ships are better or tier 9-10 ships are preferable for this. I'm a DD main but wouldn't mind to play another class if it prints money. :)

Drop some advice on which ships are worth it for credit generation, based on current armory ships. "Missuri' comments are completely useless for example.

Thanks in advance.

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,266 posts

If Jean Bart is still listed, not sure as my main PC is down for repairs at minute.

I'd get that, it's being removed soon (if not already removed) in the last patch. Dunno?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HELLN]
Players
54 posts
10,556 battles

I wonder what ships have extra credit generation modifiers. Is there a list or chart about this? Does anyone know?

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,266 posts

Not 100% sure. But I would buy a ship for coal that is also listed in the online shop for cash as well. Such as Jean Bart. I think they are the proper earners sold for coal because they are also listed for sale for cash as well. Like I say, not sure here. But those you get for coal that are not listed also for sale for cash in the shop. I think they are classed as Special Ships and may not have the same credit earning modifier built in like Jean Bart has because it's also for sale for cash.

Saying that, I don't know if they might remove the extra earning on Jean Bart if you got it using coal, as I got it paying cash from the online shop. I don't know on that one if it makes any difference?

[LADA]
Players
569 posts
8,803 battles

As a rule - T9 premiums are the better money makers. They get a better MM than T8s or T7s  and if uptiered most of them are more than capable of holding their own vs. T10s too.

Jean Bart is a lot of fun but requires a bit of an opportunist playstyle - you have to know when to reposition, which ammo to shoot and how to nurse your limited HP pool. Quite unlike the normal BB experience, it rewards you if you move around the map to get those crossfire shots. 

Georgia is one of the most hilarious ships to be added to the game. Think of a fast-loading BB with a metric tonne of secondary batteries spitting fire in all directions combined with the ability to run at close to 40 knots. 

Azuma has the potential to be fun but you really do have to play it in a certain way to avoid being vaporised. Worth it if you like the Zao style of HE lobbing from afar with the bonus of excellent cruiser-killing AP at shorter ranges. 

Alaska is a useful ship in any game - decent armour, hard hitting US AP and lots of toys such as radar. Think of it like a more flexible Iowa. Again, an incredible cruiser-killer and has the ability to take out DDs if needed.

Friesland is a really unique ship but arguably hobbled by lack of torps. Lots of fun dakkering enemy DDs to bits and setting fires on everything else - but I find myself wishing it had at least one torp launcher for those do-or-die moments when a big ship is pushing into you. Can be fun in certain MMs and hard work in others (e.g. vs. Tonnes of radar cruisers).

Of the above options I'd say the BBs earn credits more reliably due to damage-dealing potential and durability to last longer. The cruisers and DD options can sometimes be a bit harder to hit their potential but it is well worth it when you do. Stack a few economic flags and any T9 premium will net you a decent profit in most games.

• Cool 5

Players
1,709 posts
47 minutes ago, Bowmangr said:

I have a lot of Coal and free xp. I'm continuously running out of credits as I upgrade and buy new ships all the time. I'm thinking of buying one of the ships that are now in the armory for coal or free xp with the sole purpose of using it to make me as much credits as possible when I'm running dry.

I don't know if mid-tier ships are better or tier 9-10 ships are preferable for this. I'm a DD main but wouldn't mind to play another class if it prints money. :)

Drop some advice on which ships are worth it for credit generation, based on current armory ships. "Missuri' comments are completely useless for example.

Thanks in advance.

Kii is reputedly the best coin earner BUT Its as dull as dish water to play.

anything with image.png.17592a89c1ec4a1e8df7f221e7112f99.png  Kobayashi Camo, except Yamato ( it makes no difference on Tomato) should bring you coin

But if you know how to drive a boat well, the most fun you will have with your pants on and make money is image.png.e7ca9146fe68d5217724455d6e0a7b15.png

The safe option is :-  image.png.0e63a5b8cb5d0bf28707055cdd3da450.png full secondary, and bot bash hard, drive to B and open up. 

image.thumb.png.f265e187c1f38d7b5d64793c91834cbd.png

image.thumb.png.db1c7f707d49c76bcf65684a7a2f4e5a.png

image.thumb.png.01c7d20cb4404b4a9277bfbb80ef85ab.png

For coal JB

image.png.cc5f9e83498c17e3f9b0f8a00d82a3d0.png

My Credentials :

image.thumb.png.1cbe6de568195078e75882a1ff4768ec.png 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,266 posts
42 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

Kobayashi Camo

The ROMA also has that camo for sale for it. I have both KII and ROMA with the Kobayashi Camo. Personally, I find the KII pretty dull, the ROMA is more fun to play as a credit earner with that Kobayashi Camo on it.

• Cool 1

Players
1,709 posts
14 minutes ago, Lord_of_the_manor said:

The ROMA also has that camo for sale for it. I have both KII and ROMA with the Kobayashi Camo. Personally, I find the KII pretty dull, the ROMA is more fun to play as a credit earner with that Kobayashi Camo on it.

Ah the old Beer Tin Camo, I wasnt sure if you can still buy it, as every one took the p i s s  " Micky " out of it?

I totally agree with you.

image.thumb.png.d328de76d6b8e5aac87a10d1ae692259.png 

The " Beer Tin " is a bit funky though, not sure what thats all about?

• Funny 1

Players
6,482 posts
10,755 battles

@Barracuda_111 he asked for free XP / coal ships....

1 hour ago, Bowmangr said:

Well, most of the premiums have sort of the same potential to make cash. With the exeption of the already mentioned T10s. Id go with personal preference: Are you good in BBs? Take Jean Bart. Its a fun ship anyway and since its beeing removed, its another reason to get it. But Friesland can farm loads of damage aswell, which translates into cash. You just have to be a fan of this hit&run DD-playstyle without torps. I´d also mention a few of the lower tier ships, since the can create good cash aswell. Nelson f.e. - especially with the HE you are very competetive incomewise when you are low tier. Just slash HE at everything, the bonus of damaging higher tier ships will make it worthwhile. And other that that, Nelson has nasty AP to one shot cruisers which also means $$$. But again: you have to like the slow playstyle with a super vulnerable cita and T7 matchmaking. But those 3 would be my picks, order depending on personal preference.

• Cool 1

Players
1,709 posts

I dont think you can currently get any free xp ships, can you?

I thought they all been removed in 9.1

the 1 million xp ones

image.thumb.png.6b8e3e8c0437ab42cda1e60677a4d416.png

Players
2,094 posts
13,463 battles
12 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

I dont think you can currently get any free xp ships, can you?

I thought they all been removed in 9.1

the 1 million xp ones

image.thumb.png.6b8e3e8c0437ab42cda1e60677a4d416.png

For me azuma, nelson and freesland still there waiting for my xp.

OP. I am not fond of BBs but I like JB if not BB then Friesland maybe? All them freexp/coal T9s make money if you'll do well with flags.

• Cool 2

Players
1,709 posts
1 minute ago, DariusJacek said:

For me azuma, nelson and freesland still there waiting for my xp.

Roger my bad Thank you.

I must play Azuma more I forgot I owned it

• Cool 1

Players
1,709 posts

Also there is another factor in this, IF a bot game takes 5 min, but makes less coins and a Random game takes around 30 mins, is it not better to bot bash and play 6 games farm the coins until you have a few million, then go back to Random?

If you have a prem account

Players
2,094 posts
13,463 battles
30 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

Also there is another factor in this, IF a bot game takes 5 min, but makes less coins and a Random game takes around 30 mins, is it not better to bot bash and play 6 games farm the coins until you have a few million, then go back to Random?

30 minutes? More like 8-12, max is 20 but it's very rare.

You still pay service cost in coop, economy is poor in high tiers in there.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,628 posts
13,906 battles
3 hours ago, Bowmangr said:

I don't know if mid-tier ships are better or tier 9-10 ships are preferable for this.

The key driver of rewards is how much damage you do, as you know, specifically proportional damage (10K damage to a DD better than 10K to a fatty); so, pick something that you can consistently do lots of damage with.

Besides that, in terms of pure credit generation, the T9 premiums do best - all things being equal. As mentioned earlier, the Kobayashi cammos make the relevant T8s similarly good, but they only exist for a few ships (one of which is a T7, so of less use), and aren't available for coal/free xp.

The T10 'semi-premiums' (Thunderer, Smol etc.) are pretty decent earners though, and have the merit of being usable in a wider range of modes...

[THESO]
Players
1,177 posts
15,634 battles
4 hours ago, Bowmangr said:

Thanks in advance.

It seems you can hold your own and you are a DD main. You likely will get the most XP and credits in a DD. T9 is the best tier to earn money for better players. Consequential, a T9 DD should be a save bet.

Too bad you don't have the Benham, it would be perfect.

The thing is, the only currently available T9-DDs are Friesland, Black and Neustrashimy. Black and Neustrashimy are about to be temporarily removed as of update 0.9.3 and reintroduced for coal.

Friesland seems to be a good DD killer and has great AA. Shooting down planes helps a lot earning credits. The missing torps might reduce its damage potential, that depends on your playstyle.

The Black could be nice, since you are probably used to contesting caps, and a DD with smoke and radar is a strong combo. The torps suck, they are slow, but then again you mostly want the threat of torps rather than using them a lot. Having torps, discourages bigger ships from rushing your smoke, which is one of the shortcomings of Friesland.

Finally the Neustrashimy. Rumor has it, it's good for good players. It has a strong heal, decent torps and precise low dpm guns. One can see it's an interesting combination, suited for people who do not go for the quick kill, trading their ship, but doing more surgical pick-offs. Kill a damaged DD, go dark and heal, go some place else.

If you don't have steel available, ideally with a coupon, there is only one choice, go for the Friesland. In the current meta, melting planes is just hilarious.

If you have steel, I'd seriously think about buying the Black now, since, Wargaming will likely make it much more expensive as a coal ship. But it's a bit of a one trick pony, radaring DDs, smoking up and killing them is what it's good at.

Neustrashimy has more options, it can go russian long range gunboat, torp boat and contest caps. The price is however fair but not cheap. If the price was irrelevant, I would go for the Neustrashimy. A heal is very helpful in surviving til the end and a DD in the endgame is often key to winning a battle.

So, nobody can tell you definitely, what to pick, but each choice has it's charm and I hope you you can identify your sweet spot.

• Cool 1

Players
81 posts
6,068 battles

Jean Bart is my favorite money grinding tool, after her Musashi comes second. I always prefer JB first. I suggest you to get her before she moves from Armory

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
2,606 posts
11,651 battles

T9 premiums earn the most. Of those  Jeanbart is probably the most consistent although Georgia is very good.

Friesland is great but I find destroyers less consistent as it only take a few seconds of being a potato to become a dead potato.

• Cool 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,130 posts
8,742 battles
5 hours ago, Barracuda_111 said:

Random battles are much better to farm credits and XP in. The time spent vs payoff is potentially much much higher than a coop game, especially if you spam higher tier premiums.

A 5 minute coop game with let's say 100k damage will be faster sure, but a random game with 100k damage that takes about twice as long will still deliver more credits than several coop games. So the actual time spent versus payoff means coop is a lot slower to earn credits.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,591 posts
41,876 battles
6 hours ago, DariusJacek said:

30 minutes? More like 8-12, max is 20 but it's very rare.

You still pay service cost in coop, economy is poor in high tiers in there.

1 hour ago, ollonborre said:

Random battles are much better to farm credits and XP in. The time spent vs payoff is potentially much much higher than a coop game, especially if you spam higher tier premiums.

A 5 minute coop game with let's say 100k damage will be faster sure, but a random game with 100k damage that takes about twice as long will still deliver more credits than several coop games. So the actual time spent versus payoff means coop is a lot slower to earn credits.

Yes it might seem so but it depends on the ship.

If you have prem account and prem camos on T10 (salem f.e.) service cost is reduced quite a lot. It is also what ship copes well with coop bots. DDs do quite often as teh bots keep charging in (and generally it is 1 DD at each cap.)

So playing DD smoke up hydro sink enemy DD (Yes in Friesland) then dakka on the rest = profit , boring but profit/hour ofc without any prem consumables or flags are OK. Think a few such games daily, as warming up or when you eat/before work. I play coop every day for the missions, a few games in the morning and as warm up in the evening + finish evening session (on workdays).

The BBs are sometimes less consisten, if you have a map like the North where the  mountains are an obstacle for you (bad in coop, when you have sunk your opponent) you might be out of targets before game ends.

If your DD in front of you dakkas the enemy counterpart, you might fire on the cruiser then the DD rushes and 1 shots the enemy BB your reward as a BB wil be poor, as teh game might be over after this.

Better to be the DD, in random it is a different matter. Ideal is to have a ship that you enjoy to play. I will go for Jean Bart probably if i were you, but if you are interested in the new Swedish (Pan-EU) DD line Friesland can help you a lot even if the skills are not that syncronized (no torps on Friesland but who cares in coop).

You do have a few T10 FreeXP DDs incoming that probably will tax your funds a lot, Probably in the region of 1,3 to 1,5 M FreeXP.