Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cr4zySmurf

The Most Indicative Statistic ...

7 comments in this topic

Question

[M_OB]
Players
16 posts
14,100 battles

Hi,

I don't know about you, but I have average statistics even though I regularly come at the top of my team in the leader board.

I would like for Wargaming to include a statistic which shows how often a player comes in the top 3 of their team after a battle.

Surely a player who comes consistently in the top 3 of their team regardless of a battle win or a lose is a better indicator of a good player, rather than the other stats most commonly referenced i.e. W/R which is too dependent on the team that Wargaming's famous match making decides.

I believe this would be the most accurate way to identify the skilled players from the lucky/stats padding players.

TBH I am very surprised that this statistic isn't already included.

What do you think?

6 answers to this question

[CATS]
Players
26,859 posts
14,393 battles
15 minutes ago, Cr4zySmurf said:

Hi,

I don't know about you, but I have average statistics even though I regularly come at the top of my team in the leader board.

I would like for Wargaming to include a statistic which shows how often a player comes in the top 3 of their team after a battle.

Surely a player who comes consistently in the top 3 of their team regardless of a battle win or a lose is a better indicator of a good player, rather than the other stats most commonly referenced i.e. W/R which is too dependent on the team that Wargaming's famous match making decides.

I believe this would be the most accurate way to identify the skilled players from the lucky/stats padding players.

What do you think?

And you think being at the top has nothing to do with your team :Smile_amazed:

There are too many players who are experts getting to the top of the losing team by camping in the back and finishing the damaged enemies at the end, when the enemy players are desperate to get some points before their win and act reckless.

There is also the problem that many match winning actions are not rewarded properly and do not get you to the top of the scoreboard.

After a 1000 solo games the solo winrating is the best indicator for skill.

• Cool 2

[COMFY]
Players
235 posts
2,502 battles

My answer is and has always been : get rid of statistics.

It just creates Toxicity where there should be none, and it creates problems.

Some people might answer : "But there are People that wanna play for the stats sake"

I can only assume noone feels good when they got a day with typical weekend players, look up their stats and it looks like mine :

(im aware that im showing more than 1 day of progress, but you get the point)

image.png.13d573df710c255b548a677274e11381.png

It just frustrates me, but im kind of a hypocrite when it comes to stats.

I want to enjoy the game for what it is, but i ruin the fun by looking too much on stats.

[M_OB]
Players
16 posts
14,100 battles

48 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

And you think being at the top has nothing to do with your team :Smile_amazed:

Yes, I know this because I can sometimes die within the first 5 -10 min and still come on top even though most of my teammates survive the full battle by camping.

[CATS]
Players
26,859 posts
14,393 battles
2 minutes ago, Cr4zySmurf said:

Yes, I know this because I can sometimes die within the first 5 -10 min and still come on top even though most of my teammates survive the full battle by camping.

And why is that?

Because your teammates are extremly bad. If that is not team dependent, I do not know what is.

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles
1 hour ago, Cr4zySmurf said:

I would like for Wargaming to include (...)

There are hundreads of such "wishes" starting like that and mayby 1/1000 would be implemented in game. So if You want something to be done (if this is possible), then get a keyboard and start writing such program/website etc.

We are waiting for it :-)

Btw. I'm already doing it myself. Did a port/minimap mod and lately removed black frames in binocular view + motion blur in plane boost mode. Next changes on the way.

Players
2,094 posts
13,448 battles
15 hours ago, Cr4zySmurf said:

Hi,

What do you think?

You are not average, with 53%WR. Server average is 47% if I remember correctly. I means you are 6% above average and I have similar WR to you and I am very often in top 3 as well just because majority of players do not have skill, experience or will to do better. And we are still improving - in last 200 battles you have 62% won games. Hardly average.

Sign in to follow this