Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gvozdika

Gameplay 'feature' possibly soon to be gone?

19 comments in this topic

[LADA]
Players
562 posts
8,733 battles

From the wows dev blog. The REEEEEEEWORK of great balance and unfettered enjoyment looks like it needs a bit more balancing.... maybe someone updated the spreadsheet.

PT, time between plane attacks

New settings for the minimum time between plane attacks will be tested on the 0.9.2 Public test.

- The minimum time between attacks for bomber squadrons except Indomitable increased depending on the Tier and specific aircraft carrier;
- British bombers except Indomitable have their acceleration time and acceleration coefficient right after they drop their bombs increased, meaning they will accelerate to a higher speed directly after a drop. This will make it easier to conduct the next attack.

These changes will fix the situation where it was possible to bypass enemy AA defenses by using the temporary invulnerability state directly after the previous attack.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and subject to change.

Slingshot looks like it's being patched out (or at least being made harder to accomplish). Now if AA could actually be adjusted to be better than the pop guns we currently have I will be a very happy camper! 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,528 battles

Ouch, seems like quite a fundamental change.
It might fix slingshot, but it will also hit hard the ability to strike succesive targets.

This might end up horribly wrong.

• Cool 5

Players
1,697 posts
18,562 battles

Hopefully this will remove the slingshot exploit but not unfairly cripple CV players, although judging by the hysteria of the comments I saw on Facebook etc from CV players apparently they cannot survive without slingshot....

• Cool 2

[LADA]
Players
562 posts
8,733 battles

1 minute ago, lovelacebeer said:

Hopefully this will remove the slingshot exploit but not unfairly cripple CV players, although judging by the hysteria of the comments I saw on Facebook etc from CV players apparently they cannot survive without slingshot....

I know - I am beside myself with sympathy..... too bad, what a shame, never mind!

The usual suspects who are dangerous in CVs will continue to be perfectly capable of ruining your day - so I don't see it as a problem at all. It might go some way to giving some AA cruisers a bit more of a chance to shoot stuff down before getting Haku'd back to port anyway.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,266 posts
2 hours ago, Gvozdika said:

The minimum time between attacks for bomber squadrons except Indomitable

Lol, well that doesn't really matter. Seeing as Indomitable planes always get wiped out (every f-ing time) on the 1st attack run. Not like you're ever coming back for a 2nd attack run anyhow in the Indomitable. :cap_fainting:

Well done WOWS, you excluded a CV that can't do two attack runs anyway.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,482 battles
3 hours ago, Gvozdika said:

From the wows dev blog. The REEEEEEEWORK of great balance and unfettered enjoyment looks like it needs a bit more balancing.... maybe someone updated the spreadsheet.

PT, time between plane attacks

New settings for the minimum time between plane attacks will be tested on the 0.9.2 Public test.

- The minimum time between attacks for bomber squadrons except Indomitable increased depending on the Tier and specific aircraft carrier;
- British bombers except Indomitable have their acceleration time and acceleration coefficient right after they drop their bombs increased, meaning they will accelerate to a higher speed directly after a drop. This will make it easier to conduct the next attack.

These changes will fix the situation where it was possible to bypass enemy AA defenses by using the temporary invulnerability state directly after the previous attack.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and subject to change.

Slingshot looks like it's being patched out (or at least being made harder to accomplish). Now if AA could actually be adjusted to be better than the pop guns we currently have I will be a very happy camper! 

(also leaving and never coming back WOULD be the right thing for CVs........ for any "form of CV" in this game or "otherwise").

So I summon @El2aZeR to tell me one thing: If this would be a randomised, placebo controlled study, would this be from the group that gets the new proposed treatment? or the control-group? or just WG usual "non vult"-approach and letting the condition spread even more system wide?

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
9,695 posts
6,862 battles
3 hours ago, Gvozdika said:

I will be a very happy camper! 

That‘s exactly the thing 

• Boring 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,482 battles
16 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

"Artillery/CVs prevent camping or The Wolf and the 11 ships that can do fúck all about him".

My favourite fairy tale!

However the first few chapters have been dragging on for 4,5 years; can we finally get to the later part where .......

20 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Later that day, the mother goat returns home from the forest. She is distraught to find the door wide open and all but one of her children missing. She looks around and sees the wolf, fast asleep under a tree. He has eaten so much, he cannot move. The mother goat calls to her youngest child to quickly get her a pair of scissors, a needle and some thread. She cuts open the wolf's belly and the six children spring out miraculously unharmed. They fill the wolf's belly with rocks, and the mother sews it back up again. When the wolf wakes up, he is very thirsty. He goes to the river to drink, but falls in and drowns under the weight of the rocks. The family lives happily ever after.

[DREAD]
Players
9,695 posts
6,862 battles
25 minutes ago, havaduck said:

My favourite fairy tale!

However the first few chapters have been dragging on for 4,5 years; can we finally get to the later part where .......

You put quite some effort in rewriting my one-liner “That’s exactly the thing” into a little Havaduck’s story. I appreciate your effort - however we obviously disagree on CVs (Arties and Tonks don’t really have anything to do with it).

• Boring 1

Players
133 posts
2,563 battles

Doesn't that only mean that the slingshot will be longer? i mean - if the change doesn't touch the invulnerability period, just prolongs it effectively (by increasing the time between attacks) the effective change is just reduction of damage max of a carrier...

[DREAD]
Players
9,695 posts
6,862 battles
5 minutes ago, mein_nick_ist_besetzt said:

Doesn't that only mean that the slingshot will be longer? i mean - if the change doesn't touch the invulnerability period, just prolongs it effectively (by increasing the time between attacks) the effective change is just reduction of damage max of a carrier...

The slingshot only works properly because you can attack almost right away after your “jump”. If you have to wait 10sec you would need to start the jump much further away from the target and probably wouldn’t be mitigating as much damage. 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,482 battles
34 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

You put quite some effort in rewriting my one-liner “That’s exactly the thing” into a little Havaduck’s story. I appreciate your effort - however we obviously disagree on CVs (Arties and Tonks don’t really have anything to do with it).

Depends on how much you consider copy and pasting an readily available text of an fairytale an effort. For this playerbase in general, probably a lot, I agree.

Second of all its not about Arty and Tanks but a false statement that is somehow prevalent in both games - and rightfully being made fun of; just with a different subject what allegedly "prevents" the camping while sharing a lot of the malignant properties (ofc heavily magnified in WoWs).

Third, facts dont need agreement. Thats why they are called facts and not "WG spreadshit". Therefore your "disagreement" with me has equal weight on the actual matter as disagreeing on gravity while walking of a cliff; whether or not I agree with you with the gravities pull or not.

12 minutes ago, mein_nick_ist_besetzt said:

Wait on El2zer; when it comes to laying out what the actual potential affect of this change likely is going to be: I have more trust in him than something out of WGs mouth. Ofc he might actually have to take a look into the live implementation himself. WG is famous for continuously lying and bullshitting people. Like that time people were talking BB high tier overpopulation - and SO came to this very forum bullshitting them with number that included even T1 games - by his own admittance. By that measure this "nerf?" is totally  uncalled for because non existent T1-3 carriers already have an infinitely short immunity duration due to not existing and have throughout WoWs release duration exactly done 0 damage on average due to non-resistance. The humanity; CVs actually need a buff!

• Cool 2

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
211 posts
6,755 battles

If slingshotting is the only way for CVs to work, the rework was probably a failure - so yeah, let's try it and see how it will play out.

• Cool 1

Players
133 posts
2,563 battles
1 minute ago, havaduck said:

Wait on El2zer; when it comes to laying out what the actual potential affect of this change likely is going to be: I have more trust in him than something out of WGs mouth. Ofc he might actually have to take a look into the live implementation himself. WG is famous for continuously lying and bullshitting people. Like that time people were talking BB high tier overpopulation - and SO came to this very forum bullshitting them with number that included even T1 games. By that measure this "nerf?" is totally  uncalled for because non existent T1-3 carriers already have an infinitely short immunity duration due to not existing and have throughout WoWs release duration exactly done 0 damage on average due to non-resistance. The humanity; CVs actually need a buff!

4 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

The slingshot only works properly because you can attack almost right away after your “jump”. If you have to wait 10sec you would need to start the jump much further away from the target and probably wouldn’t be mitigating as much damage. 

That doesn't really matter all that much... since you still can navigate the planes in the "no attack" phase, you just start the slingshot earlier, watch the bombs fall, get back to your planes, and still have time to correct the course (since bombs fall with same speed and you have even more time). But yes, I'm curious what the Elders have to say about that :)

• Cool 1

[LADA]
Players
562 posts
8,733 battles
1 hour ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

That‘s exactly the thing 

It's a turn of phrase - not a statement of tactical intent. It was the CV rework that created the new 'blob up and refuse to move at all costs' mentality as it is. 

A CV player with more than two functioning brain cells will punish any ship that tries to operate independently. Not even a dedicated AA cruiser (y'know - the ship DESIGNED to shoot down planes) can defend itself against a CV. Slingshotting was a key component of that - allowing you to avoid pretty much most of the flak and unavoidable aura if timed correctly. That, plus the fact that AP bombs turned out to be waaaaay better at countering cruisers than they really should have been - but that's a whole other story.

• Cool 2

[PIKES]
Players
401 posts

:Smile_sad:Ohhhh this is really a skilled / difficult chat. I don't understand yet the CV playing style, but they know how to delete me in couple of minutes,., ohhh where can I hide my little DD:Smile_child:

[DREAD]
Players
9,695 posts
6,862 battles
2 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

It's a turn of phrase - not a statement of tactical intent. It was the CV rework that created the new 'blob up and refuse to move at all costs' mentality as it is. 

A CV player with more than two functioning brain cells will punish any ship that tries to operate independently. Not even a dedicated AA cruiser (y'know - the ship DESIGNED to shoot down planes) can defend itself against a CV. Slingshotting was a key component of that - allowing you to avoid pretty much most of the flak and unavoidable aura if timed correctly. That, plus the fact that AP bombs turned out to be waaaaay better at countering cruisers than they really should have been - but that's a whole other story.

I am aware of that “joke”. But it’s not like this game has always been an extremely slow Camp fest?

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,895 posts
19,717 battles
2 hours ago, havaduck said:

So I summon @El2aZeR

Changes are unlikely to affect T4-8 CVs as the increase in time (up to 3.5s) is too low to be of meaningful impact in relation to plane speed and slingshot distance.

On T10 the extra 4s delay will likely hit Haku pretty hard as she has the longest slingshot distance and the most fragile planes. I don't think Midway will particularly care.

Do also keep in mind that this only affects DBs. Rockets and TBs will still be able to happily slingshot.

• Cool 1

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,266 posts

I'm thinking this will effect some premium CV's like KAGA.

It's planes have a pretty decent turn rate coming in for a second fast attack run. So I'm thinking this delay will effect some T8 CV's like KAGA (which is actually a premium CV) being nerfed then with this change.

And it's actually my favourite CV out the all the premium CV (even Enterprise) to play.

Sign in to follow this