0.9.2 PTS - European Destroyers: Early Access

12 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
4,109 posts
4,340 battles

WG_SPB_WoWs_screenshots_fjord_EN_1_1920x1080.jpg

Captains!

Update 0.9.2 sees the launch of an event dedicated to the release of the European destroyer branch of the Tech Tree. The new ships will be available on the live server only after the release of the Update. In the meantime, you can take part in the testing of the event.

Please note: the rewards for activities on the Public Test server may differ from those on the live server. The European destroyers themselves won't be available on the Public Test server. European destroyers  flag_Europe_6c2bac10ec2bec5799e117af8aa6special_5d797363651721d76cdb3439cd23845bV Visbyflag_Europe_6c2bac10ec2bec5799e117af8aa6special_5d797363651721d76cdb3439cd23845bVI Västeråsflag_Europe_6c2bac10ec2bec5799e117af8aa6special_5d797363651721d76cdb3439cd23845bVII Skåneflag_Europe_6c2bac10ec2bec5799e117af8aa6special_5d797363651721d76cdb3439cd23845bVIII Öland, and flag_Europe_6c2bac10ec2bec5799e117af8aa6special_5d797363651721d76cdb3439cd23845bIX Östergötland are not available to research in the Tech Tree on the Public Test server. 

Rewards from Daily Shipments and for completing Directives: event containers, which can drop the European camouflage, Coal, and a new temporary resource—European Tokens.

Items available in the Armory in exchange for Tokens: credits, expendable camouflages, signals, and days of Premium Account.

Bundles providing Early Access to European destroyers: these are available in the Armory in exchange for Tokens. There are five bundles which are opened in sequential order. You'll find a Tier V destroyer in the first bundle, the next bundle will contain a Tier VI destroyer, etc., up to Tier IX.

A new Port—Fjords: inspired by Scandinavian landscapes.

[Z3NIT]
Players
698 posts

I like that fact there is no more Token's random container, so if you do not play DDs, as I don't, can invest in something else! Txs!

N.B.

Like the new Port!

Players
1,695 posts
18,544 battles

The new port looks great, only a pity there are no Lancaster bombers overhead for recreating Tirpitz's wartime experience. Still seriously a very beautiful port.

The directives all worked fine but as they are only placeholder missions cannot comment much.

I really didn't like the random number of tokens element of the containers, I did get one container with 140 but the rest were all 30 or 10. Still I'm sure as a marketing method it has its logic still for me I will not bother putting much effort into this event when it goes live, its quite the disincentive for me. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

Are the rewards for 'European tokens' listed on the PTS all the rewards that will be available on the live server as well or there will be some changes regarding the rewards themselves?

I believe this is an important information WG is constantly trying to hide like it's irrelevant.

• Cool 1

[EUTF]
Players
146 posts
5,920 battles

Ports looks fabulous

European Surprise boxes as said above give random tokens, it varies from 10(alot of times got that)/20/30/40 to 140 (only once for me)

is this gonna be the live version also ??
Cause if it is and we are depend on rng to get a fix numbers of tokens to collect rewards  in Armory ye say hello to pissed people that got unlucky.

• Cool 4

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles
17 hours ago, Nauseica said:

Ports looks fabulous

European Surprise boxes as said above give random tokens, it varies from 10(alot of times got that)/20/30/40 to 140 (only once for me)

is this gonna be the live version also ??
Cause if it is and we are depend on rng to get a fix numbers of tokens to collect rewards  in Armory ye say hello to pissed people that got unlucky.

I find it unacceptable that WG just makes the RNG worse and worse despite all players hating it.

WHY. THE. DUCK.

From all containers opened (20-ish or so?), I've noticed the same as above - you can get from 10 tokens to 140 tokens in each.

tokens-10.jpg

tokens-140.jpg

Don't you think this is way exaggerated RNG at work? You can get as low as 10 tokens and as high as 140 tokens? 14:1 ratio between the lowest and highest obtainable amount of tokens from a single 'European container'? Seriously? Too much vodka or what?

Not to mention that most 'European containers' gave 10 tokens and the rest 20/30/40 tokens with just a couple giving 140 tokens.

After all directives finished and all containers opened I have nearly 900 'European tokens' and I have a feeling that 1000 tokens will be needed for something useful which WG probably calculated that you cannot get unless RNG really loves you or you buy premium bundles for 1000 doubloons each.

WG, you're seriously making each event worse and worse. You require more grind for shittier rewards, making loot boxes and RNG essential part of any event and making the whole game less enjoyable for all players.

If you cannot see that... then I'm really sorry but it's quite difficult to see you shooting yourself in the knee with such crappy events and terrible system driving them.

P.S. And this is a clear example of a feedback being completely ignored by WG. It's always the same - they ask for feedback and apparently appreciate it and at the end they ignore it completely and do what they planned in the beginning despite all negative feedback on the BS they plan to release. 

• Cool 3

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

No reply or any form of feedback from WG. What a surprise, huh?

And then they say "we appreciate your feedback". ROFLMAO

Now they will just lock all these threads and push it to 'Archive' like they never existed.

Yeah, participating in the PTS seems very motivating. And giving feedback to the ones who don't give a crap about it is motivating even more. [/s]

Players
11 posts
8,406 battles

It´s totally unacceptable that you call Swedish ships European Wargaming. These destroyers are Swedish and nothing else. I´m Swedish and take it as an insult to my contry that you dont call our  DD´s Swedish.

Italy, United Kingdom, France, Germany and ussr should also be moved into Europe to be correct then. 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
On 3/11/2020 at 7:30 AM, peppesbodega2 said:

It´s totally unacceptable that you call Swedish ships European Wargaming. These destroyers are Swedish and nothing else. I´m Swedish and take it as an insult to my contry that you dont call our  DD´s Swedish.

FFS, it's done for nations that have enough ships to create one or two branches of techtree, or at least some interesting premiums, but not enough for a fully fledged techtree, even with paper designs. Where are the glorious T2-T10 cruiser projects for Sweden? Their battleships? Their carriers? Sweden produced quite a lot of destroyers, and some low-tier ships that could be used for cruiser & battleship branches, but not enough to reach for T10. So that's why they are placed under the "umbrella-nation" of the Pan-European techtree. 

And if you feel shafted about it, think about the Dutch, who had more ships, fought actual battles and still only have 1 postwar ship to show for.

[SWEOV]
Players
3 posts
10,018 battles
think it gives too little tokens for those 1000 doubloons one may give. everything must be about money 
may think that 500 doubloons would be a reasonable price

Sign in to follow this