Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BMARC_

MOE's

30 comments in this topic

[OGHF]
[OGHF]
Beta Tester
99 posts
11,942 battles

so, if we had MOE's who would show?

what ships would you want them on?

• Cool 2

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,405 posts
7,325 battles

By MOE's I presume you mean Mark of Excellence like in world of tanks? If so then sure, as long as they were equally just for decoration and didnt provide any bonus.

Content that doesnt affect balance is always good.

• Cool 7

[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles

This thread lacks Moe, but it's a good idea.

Seriously, who doesn't love to show off his (or her) epeen (eva~ nevermind) after a hard day of stupid busywork (admit it!).

Flags could be an option, or some emblem on the bow perhaps. Nothing too fancy and distracting, just enough for the other guy to check it in his killcam.

Because we are humble like that. ;)

• Cool 1

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,405 posts
7,325 battles
8 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Azur Lane has a lot of moe...

Thanks for making me Google things and having to learn new weeb terms

• Funny 10

Players
1,432 posts
9,357 battles

Maybe OP refers to Moe Szyslak as a USA or Dutch captain and in what ships we could use him...
I wonder what would be his special talents.

moe.jpg.e37ca6410ef4c4d2de5d573a14872121.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
921 posts
2,733 battles
3 hours ago, the_british_admiral said:

so, if we had MOE's who would show?

what ships would you want them on?

By Moe do you mean this:

tumblr_m0mjho779t1r37g46o1_1280.thumb.jpg.d92732b886f1e52c48d84766869798d7.jpg

or some boring old mark of being good at the game?

Players
2,747 posts
21,083 battles

Simpson's and anime jokes aside,

I would like to see marks of excellence added to the game, not everything needs to be a bonus or affect my stats just a nice visual indication for myself to see I don't completely potato in this boat (sometimes)

• Cool 4

Players
921 posts
2,733 battles

being serious for a moment;

something like a pennant for the top score in that ship, but once achieved you keep it so you could be awarded 2 or more for the same ship.

but the ship has to have been available for a certain time or a certain number of people have used her.

How about that?

• Cool 2

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

As with WoT how long before players realise they can play to get MOE's and not bother with playing to win? It's a marvelous excuse for losing but it's also almost like winning as MOE's can be bragged about even if the player has a terrible overall WR.

• Cool 1

Players
615 posts
4,060 battles
6 minutes ago, 250swb said:

As with WoT how long before players realise they can play to get MOE's and not bother with playing to win? It's a marvelous excuse for losing but it's also almost like winning as MOE's can be bragged about even if the player has a terrible overall WR.

Clueless comment. When I play for MoE's my winrate, WN8 and everything else improves significantly since I switch to full tryhard mode and focus much more than some otherwise mundane rinse and repeat random battle of no real significance.

• Cool 3

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
2 hours ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

Clueless comment. When I play for MoE's my winrate, WN8 and everything else improves significantly since I switch to full tryhard mode and focus much more than some otherwise mundane rinse and repeat random battle of no real significance.

You are talking about you, if you imagine how you play is a perfect model that all others follow I have to tell you it just ain't so. I was talking about all the MOE hunters who have no regard for anything else, and if you don't know that it happens in WoT then you are very much clueless.

Players
615 posts
4,060 battles
13 minutes ago, 250swb said:

You are talking about you, if you imagine how you play is a perfect model that all others follow I have to tell you it just ain't so. I was talking about all the MOE hunters who have no regard for anything else, and if you don't know that it happens in WoT then you are very much clueless.

Throwing wins to bag marks is a myth or at least only applied to noobs in which case they won't get very far marking the tank with damage dealing so low as the battle results in losses. If I'm looking to be in the top 5% best players of that particular tank, I find that to do that the damage dealing needs to be THAT good, that the results are more wins than normal and in fact a team that gets a player capable and currently marking a tank, is a lucky team and a lot luckier and more likely to win the battle than the team that gets the clueless useless dork fail harding with zero damage or just one shot of damage, as tends to be 5-10 of each teams players so I'll take a gun marking player any day of the week.

Too mark higher tier tanks you have to play control-aggression, you cannot just sit back and farm damage it's not going to be enough and you need to play at the front aggressively yet very sensibly as not to get killed stupidly. In other words you need to play very well, there's no other way and no easy way about it and rather unsurprisingly playing very well wins a lot of battles, who knew right? well you didn't obviously.

However, if I'm marking a tank and it becomes clear I get a team heavily soaked in crayon juice with flanks failing all over the map and teammates dying by the second, you can bet your backside I will then try and grab all the damage I can on what was 100% a lost cause and the reason it was lost most definitely was NOT me, the loss came because the clueless muppets got rofl stomped like clueless muppets will.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[PISH]
Players
522 posts
4,956 battles

As a WoT refugee Sir_Sinkalot is absolutely correct. Farming damage by redline camping will perhaps get you the 1st mark of excellence on some tanks. Getting the 3rd requires you to learn your tank inside and out. Learn the maps, the positions, the enemy tanks capabilities. Make an accurate prediction on enemy behavior based on the match up you see in the loading screen and have awareness when to push, when to charge and when to camp. 

I think it would be nice to have say a broad pennant based on the ship performance.

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,824 battles

I have been dying to get home all day when I saw this at work .........

Now, we had the same thread 1, 2? years ago and ....

22 hours ago, Xevious_Red said:

Thanks for making me Google things and having to learn new weeb terms

... you can be damn sure I made preparation for the next time this would inevitably pop up again.

19 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

Simpson's and anime jokes aside,

Good, that still leaves room for me to work with, although the thread has been up for a few hours. :Smile_trollface:

22 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

My face trying to figure out what OP means by "MOE"

1041.jpg

pretty close I dare say.

22 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Azur Lane has a lot of moe...

Example:

Spoiler

large.jpeg

:Smile_hiding:

19 hours ago, Molly_Delaney said:

By Moe do you mean this:

1042.jpg

or some boring old mark of being good at the game?

The former - ofc!

7 hours ago, Captain_Newman said:

I agree, we need this in the game:

4089.jpg

Indeed.

19 hours ago, Hanse77SWE said:

317838.jpeg

Now words needed, I agree.

22 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

I wonder what would be her special talents.

1043.jpg

Creativity and a creating widely beloved ..... stuff. :Smile_trollface:

23 hours ago, genosse said:

This thread lacks Moe, ...

I hope I fixed this problem to everyones satisfaction. Otherwise I can go for the long haul and add a few more. :Smile_trollface:

1 hour ago, Bratoev said:

As a WoT refugee Sir_Sinkalot is absolutely correct. Farming damage by redline camping will perhaps get you the 1st mark of excellence on some tanks. Getting the 3rd requires you to learn your tank inside and out. Learn the maps, the positions, the enemy tanks capabilities. Make an accurate prediction on enemy behavior based on the match up you see in the loading screen and have awareness when to push, when to charge and when to camp. 

You forgot "loading the skill" ......:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 4

[J4XP2]
Players
57 posts
14,722 battles

My guess is that the equivalent of MOEs would be "Battle Stars" or something similar and I would also like to have them in the game. But, they need to be similar to WOT in the sense that good performance gets you closer to the next one while poor performance takes you back - so you are incentivised to do well. (Just immagine having 50 battle stars on your favorite ship :fish_cute_2:)

The counter-argument from WG will likely be that 1) visuals are different and you may not see them well in battle (unless you ram the other ship) and 2) you already have something like this with emblems that require you to do x amount of damage in a class or be top of the team y times... 

The counter-counter argument is that the emblems are class or nation specific and not ship specific. Something that you need to work on in a certain ship may prove to be a stronger incentive to play that ship than the NTC (or whatever the line reset button is called) - and maybe easyer to implement :Smile_Default:.

Anyway those are my 2 cents - happy hunting.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this