Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Developer Bulletin: Update 0.9.2

62 comments in this topic

Players
10,038 posts
11,833 battles

@Crysantos

What is the point of giving WG any feedback when IFHE changes go PTS, and thus live in their first iteration, first posted in June 2019?:cap_tea:

• Cool 9

[-AP-]
Players
2,575 posts
6,333 battles

You cant apply this ifhe rework without a multitude of preliminary balance changes accompanying it wtf. Test this crap on the test server, balance some ships, test again, balance some more ships, then you can think about releasing...

I know you cant achieve perfect balance on the test server, but now you are turning the live server into your test server AGAIN. dozens of ships will be severely affected by this rework, that much is obvious before its even hit. montana will be shat on, hindenburg will go back to irrelevence, daring will be op, etc etc etc. This super obvious crap needs fixing BEFORE the rework is released on live servers, i thought you promised us no more massive experimentation on the live servers since the cv rework? @Crysantos, or was that not genuine?

• Cool 9

[-AP-]
Players
2,575 posts
6,333 battles
4 minutes ago, CastorTolagi said:

@Crysantos

Sooooo Mogami.

I would guess the armor will change dynamically with the installed guns - right?!

I promise you they didnt even think of these cases when they did this ^^

Theyre probably scrambling now like "o crap", although id assume mogami will be treated like a heavy cruiser because of the line

• Cool 1

Players
10,038 posts
11,833 battles
7 minutes ago, thiextar said:

I promise you they didnt even think of these cases when they did this ^^

Theyre probably scrambling now like "o crap", although id assume mogami will be treated like a heavy cruiser because of the line

WG probably will just remove 155mm option whatsoever and then some time later sell premium Mogami class with 155mm.

Even more so as 155mm guns at tier 7 would keep 32mm pen, unlike every other CL.

3pnbni.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

[GOON]
Beta Tester
111 posts
4,010 battles

The dev part of my brain is screaming in absolute horror at the idea of pushing such huge, potentially game-breaking changes live and then figuring it out later. 

What the hell are you people thinking?

• Cool 7

Players
1,131 posts

Also @Crysantos

It says 

Zitat
128 mm (German ships) 31 mm 32 mm (can penetrate the plating of same-tier battleships)

in the article.

Does that mean that ALL german 128mm guns get this treatment?

Including the DDs?

Why do we even have to ask such basics?

• Cool 2

[EUTF]
Players
151 posts
5,950 battles
6 minutes ago, Panocek said:

WG probably will just remove 155mm option whatsoever and then some time later sell premium Mogami class with 155mm.

Nononono.gif

• Cool 5

Players
10,038 posts
11,833 battles
6 minutes ago, soralapio said:

The dev part of my brain is screaming in absolute horror at the idea of pushing such huge, potentially game-breaking changes live and then figuring it out later. 

What the hell are you people thinking?

Thankfully, Lesta Studio already have expertise on the matter *cough* carriers *cough*

[-AP-]
Players
2,575 posts
6,333 battles
Just now, Panocek said:

Thankfully, Lesta Studio already have expertise on the matter *cough* carriers *cough*

I wonder if this rework will also screw random battles for a year, and then be named successful by wargaming while still being complete garbage

[EUTF]
Players
151 posts
5,950 battles

Also Soviet split cruiser line is around the corner which will balance everything about IFHE right

Players
10,038 posts
11,833 battles
6 minutes ago, thiextar said:

I wonder if this rework will also screw random battles for a year, and then be named successful by wargaming while still being complete garbage

"REEEwork gret sukcess camred, cruisers can pew pew at each other now while leaving Glorious and Lidl BBmasterrace unmolested"

1 minute ago, Nauseica said:

Also Soviet split cruiser line is around the corner which will balance everything about IFHE right

180mm guns will have identical HE pen to tier 8+ 152mm, so I wouldn't call it "balans"... yet. And only 180mm armed cruiser below tier 8, Kirov goes pepega premium, you can't have useful HE pen by default camrade.

• Funny 1

[EUTF]
Players
151 posts
5,950 battles
5 minutes ago, Panocek said:
6 minutes ago, Nauseica said:

180mm guns will have identical HE pen to tier 8+ 152mm, so I wouldn't call it "balans"... yet. And only 180mm armed cruiser below tier 8, Kirov goes pepega premium, you can't have useful HE pen by default camrade.

I was sarcastic but we all know that ships go in alot of test and rebalancing process so maybe soviet ships will loose their imp pen angles and/or get also some magical 1/4 Pen :Smile_bajan2:

Players
181 posts
18,185 battles

So - IFHE basically becomes a no-no on all DDs and CLs in the future? Go Long range Fire-Starting like with Smolensk already today? AFT + BFT + SI + DE? Dakka Dakka Fire - on 19km? 

IFHE becomes only relevant to larger guns to break magic Deck-Armour thresholds?

There is a lot to Digest here...

Players
22 posts

What about t9-t10 Battlecruisers?

Now t9s (Kronshtadt and Azuma) have 25mm all around and T10 Yoshino have 30mm deck.

Their problem is having big citadel and 25 mm bows. They can eat shells from bow throught cita.arth.ship(?) and that is not good enough to stop BBs shells came from bow. No waterline cita like smolensk with no armor as function of best armor (ok t10), but 30 mm deck with a DD hull. 

Kronshtadt and Azuma are size in a BB with armor size (not the belt) of "normal heavy cuiser". If their center part got 27mm from 25mm that wont get better as they got hits from 25mm nose.

As t9 most of the time get t10 and T10 BBs can overmatch all the ship armor (-Burgone). 25mm overmatch , 27mm overmach too, not feel the power.

T10 30mm only not overmatchable by Kurfurts, Montana, Burgone.

Those big ship can have some plate in nose like some russian ship or just get "normal 32mm BB nose AND deck" 25,27, 30 is not god enough.

-> AP shells of certain calibers will ricochet off the plating of the central part of a cruiser if they impact at a sharp angle. <-

lie -> doesn't matter if eat cita hits from bow (aka BB size bow with CL armor) or deck from bigger than 420 mm and those ship are not rares (aka normal) at T10.

Please dont forget balance those premiums: Kronshtadt and Azuma...

Players
10,038 posts
11,833 battles
5 minutes ago, FreakinBiber said:

So - IFHE basically becomes a no-no on all DDs and CLs in the future? Go Long range Fire-Starting like with Smolensk already today? AFT + BFT + SI + DE? Dakka Dakka Fire - on 19km? 

IFHE becomes only relevant to larger guns to break magic Deck-Armour thresholds?

There is a lot to Digest here...

IFHE still remain mandatory if you get any ideas about actually inflicting harm to BB master race or higher tier cruisers. And then, if you happen to play tier 6-7 CL and get uptiered (or see Missouri in Narai), you won't be able to damage battleship hull period.

Smolensk never needed IFHE to begin with, only positive of this change is Daring loses requirement for IFHE to make HE usable against destroyers.

Players
88 posts

While IFHE will be still pretty much mandatory on most of ships requiring it right now I expect that WG will offer free Re-Spec option after patch is live.

At least  in this instance WG has good track record with all other previous patches which changed mechanics in significant way, there always was free Re-Spec offer.

In all happy that IFHE is being changed. Currently this skill is so mandatory, that you can sacrifice everything else, but IFHE. Time to explore other builds, which you basically can't do right now. 

And finally I can (maybe) start to grind Jutland/Daring after this patch. Detest DDs, but I detest IFHE on a DD just to make it useful (cough*old-Akizuki*cough) even more.

Players
368 posts
2,120 battles

So credit where credit is due, good job bringing out the missing perma camos for CV's WarGaming. Well done and hats off for that.

Image result for hat off gif pirates of caribbean

As for IFHE... I'll reserve judgement until it's out.

[RSC]
Players
26 posts
19,352 battles

The rule "a shell penetrates armor if the armor-thickness value is less than or equal to the shell-penetration value" is already valid for SAP shells, isn't it?

[CATS]
Players
26,874 posts
14,399 battles

@MrConway

I suggest to keep the system as it is and change only ships that are problematic.

I understand that you want to improve the balance of the game and I am sure your changes will make some strong ships weaker and some weak ships stronger. Unfortunately the changes are global and therefore some strong ships will get stronger and some weak ships weaker. Overall I do not expect a significant improvement, maybe there will even be no improvement overall. And for this potential small gain, you change the balance of the game globally and implement new rules, which will make it harder for average or below average players to decide how they should setup their ships and at what targets they should shoot. You are basicly making the game harder to access for new players. That does not sound like a good idea.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,351 posts
36,707 battles
4 hours ago, Panocek said:

Even more so as 155mm guns at tier 7 would keep 32mm pen, unlike every other CL.

3pnbni.jpg

It is possible :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Players
15 posts
21,616 battles
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

@MrConway

I suggest to keep the system as it is and change only ships that are problematic.

I understand that you want to improve the balance of the game and I am sure your changes will make some strong ships weaker and some weak ships stronger. Unfortunately the changes are global and therefore some strong ships will get stronger and some weak ships weaker. Overall I do not expect a significant improvement, maybe there will even be no improvement overall. And for this potential small gain, you change the balance of the game globally and implement new rules, which will make it harder for average or below average players to decide how they should setup their ships and at what targets they should shoot. You are basicly making the game harder to access for new players. That does not sound like a good idea.

ifhe broken for new player allready. change necessary. rework ll good. 

• Bad 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
4 minuti fa, BismarckGhost ha scritto:

ifhe broken for new player allready. change necessary. rework ll good. 

Could you rewrite that in English, please? 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Sign in to follow this