You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CaptainEdmond

Sudden Surge Of toxicity in CCs

47 comments in this topic

[USN-7]
Players
34 posts
3,271 battles

I have played heap tons of games in my life, ranging from free to play and AAA titles, in genres ranging from racing, first person shooters, mmo, to simulations and rpgs. Never have I seen such toxic and unfaithful community content creators! YES i am using the word UNFAITHFUL!!
World of warships inspite of being a free to play game repeatedly outdoes itself in the amount of update it rolls out regularly! Lunar New Year, Halloween, Christmas, Space battles, Post apocalyptic battles, a new ship line every month! YOU NAME IT!
AAA titles dont even have this kind of updates even though most of them  have much much higher playerbase than world of warships! Hell even other f2p titles are not regular at all, Waframe devs updates the game once in 3 months, which is most of the time, rushed, teeming with bugs! followed by numerous hotfixes! Im not even gonna cite games like ANTHEM, Need for Speed franchise, Crew 2, AAA titles with "live service" does not even come close to amount of regular updates done by WG.
Content Creators literally are suffering in such games because there is NO CONTENT!! yet they are not ranting like Flamu, Aeroon and I hate to say it but Notser too!!

The thing is no matter how hard WG devs try, they receive so much of blind hate, which is 80% fueled by the CCs. Just look at how Flamu and Notser rants about the russians.
Notser Continuously mentions that russians are forcing the devs into buffing their ships by meeting them in real life, Are you out of your mind!? Being a content creator is a responsibility, I wouldnt be able to sleep at night knowing im spreading hate and toxicity amongst a playerbase!
Flamuu is the type of guy that finds a small fly in a soup and beats up the chef for it! 
Keeping the environment and playerbase healthy is your responsibility.

Be happy the devs are generous enough to give you content for your videos in an f2p game. I feel like you're asking too much from them! Players in other games would worship the devs if they did 20% of what WG team is doing! Even making an entire line of paper ships requires a team of artists, who work day and night to put the details on the deck of the ship. You guys have no idea how much dedication it takes for such small things. Not even gonna mention the enourmous lines of coding and nightmares of bugfixing involved into releasing the artpiece in the game! Treat the game and the people working behind it with respect please! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 8
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 17

Players
1,130 posts

Yes we should be grateful and STFU!

Of course because - how dare you - how dare you - asking for quality, for balance, for proper implementation, for not lying, for taking concerns serious.

HOW DARE YOU!

Here is a new broken OP russian Line.

Now praise us - praise us because we did it for you, you and.............you!

• Cool 6

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
456 posts
7,345 battles

CC's in AAA games get payed loads of money to play a game and be positive about it.

4 minutes ago, CaptainEdmond said:

Just look at how Flamu and Notser rants about the russians.

Notser sucks and Flamu has it's 'toxic'-like moments, but both say honest what they think imo. That's how I see their vids.

• Cool 3

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,495 battles

Criticism is not hate lad.:cap_old:

It is needed to expose the flaws and weaknesses in order to get those fixed at some point. In any commercial enterprise, if you depend only on internal feedback, where sycophants and "yes"-man usually top the cake, you will sooner or later go badly wrong in thinking that you are doing everything right. In offering much needed criticism, the CC's are doing invaluable service both to WG and to us players and we are lucky to have it that way. :cap_cool:

• Cool 3

Players
60 posts
9,984 battles

Edmond - if you maybe put more time in some educational video on yt from CC streamers to learn to play and get better in your skill in game so your team would actually benefit from you being in there team than you would know why they say what they say, but I can bet that "you are here just for fun" and "this is just a game" ....

• Cool 1

Players
1,702 posts
18,575 battles

Seriously their criticism isn’t toxic, it’s highlighting a concern they have because they do love the game and want it to succeed. 

We don’t need CCs who are sycophants, and it is to WGs credit they don’t expect their CCs to be dishonest in their reviews either. 

Compared to some of the people on here the CCs are often extremely positive.  

• Cool 1

[USN-7]
Players
34 posts
3,271 battles
1 minute ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Criticism is not hate lad.:cap_old:

It is needed to expose the flaws and weaknesses in order to get those fixed at some point. In any commercial enterprise, if you depend only on internal feedback, where sycophants and "yes"-man usually top the cake, you will sooner or later go badly wrong in thinking that you are doing everything right. In offering much needed criticism the CC's are doing invaluable work both for WG and for us players and we are lucky to have it that way. :cap_cool:

Its all criticism at this point and thats when its concerning. "Why is this special commander not for free! - Why are they removing Unique upgrades - Boycott WG for research bureau! - Another paper ship line! -say no to 510mm Guns in game! " 
I support the fact of CCs being honest, but this is not constructive criticism at all. The difference between the playerbase and the content creators lies in the maturity, knowing when to criticize being constructive as well as making sure that they are not responsible for loss of playerbase! Every video they release nowadays is more or less of a rant..

• Bad 3

[USN-7]
Players
34 posts
3,271 battles
5 minutes ago, Castiel2110 said:

Edmond - if you maybe put more time in some educational video on yt from CC streamers to learn to play and get better in your skill in game so your team would actually benefit from you being in there team than you would know why they say what they say, but I can bet that "you are here just for fun" and "this is just a game" ....

I am not disagreeing that. I have spent some time in this game, but I hop on and off now and then and I am towards the bottom end in terms of skill as you can say from my stats!

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,990 posts
12,232 battles
6 minutes ago, CaptainEdmond said:

Every video they release nowadays is more or less of a rant..

Who is "they" in particular? I mean there is a lot of CC around with different kind of skills etc. Flamu is known for being quite "harsh" but he is doing infact a lot of Tutorials and Videos where a lot of players could benefit if they wanted to adopt the tricks. 

And I really prefer them doing content which is also critizing if they think they can judge for themselves whether some WG-decisions are or maybe good or not. And most of them are in direct contact via CC-program to address their issues - especially Flamu does. 

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,495 battles

Oh you know, the corporate hide is quite thick sometimes. So often it is necessary to use an elephant gun to kill a mouse in order to make a dent in it. Companies have a strong tendency to attempt to muffle criticism - Just try to use the word "deathtrap", when assessing one of GM motor vehicles and you'll see what I mean. So they may go overboard, but that is just a device to get someone to listen. Hence it is all acceptable. After all, once you begin censoring, it will end up increasingly silencing all contrary opinions, no matter how civil or well-meaning their intent. That is why it is called "Freedom of Speech". It is good for everyone to be able to hear it and decide for ourselves (and for companies to be dragged screaming and kicking on stage to listen to them or else it would not happen at all). :cap_hmm:

Players
60 posts
9,984 battles
Just now, CaptainEdmond said:

I am not disagreeing that. I have spent some time in this game, but I hop on and off now and then and I am towards the bottom end in terms of skill as you can say from my stats!

That why I said you that you should look CCs early yt school video about game mechanic and about how to angle, target, position, which ship is best at what - we all also learn form that videos, we didn't get it just by playing more every day...

You will be better and better and at some time if you are willing to learn you will be among first half all the time and than maybe some day you will be in top 3 most of the time - and than you will know why they are "toxic" about some staff like CV and detectability, CV killed DD class  or light cruiser with 51k hp and 19km 1000m/s 6 sec reload and 2km stealth radar ability and so on ..

• Cool 2

[LO1]
Alpha Tester
1,481 posts
6,079 battles

If i am watching CC, and they start to bore me or say stuff i dont agree with, i will stop watching!    Also i like to think people have enough of there own mind and not be sheep?

And tbh we are all human and can get hot headed about stuff and rant.

[CAIN]
Players
4,487 posts
18,943 battles
29 minutes ago, CaptainEdmond said:

I have played heap tons of games in my life, ranging from free to play and AAA titles, in genres ranging from racing, first person shooters, mmo, to simulations and rpgs. Never have I seen such toxic and unfaithful community content creators! YES i am using the word UNFAITHFUL!!
World of warships inspite of being a free to play game repeatedly outdoes itself in the amount of update it rolls out regularly! Lunar New Year, Halloween, Christmas, Space battles, Post apocalyptic battles, a new ship line every month! YOU NAME IT!
AAA titles dont even have this kind of updates even though most of them  have much much higher playerbase than world of warships! Hell even other f2p titles are not regular at all, Waframe devs updates the game once in 3 months, which is most of the time, rushed, teeming with bugs! followed by numerous hotfixes! Im not even gonna cite games like ANTHEM, Need for Speed franchise, Crew 2, AAA titles with "live service" does not even come close to amount of regular updates done by WG.
Content Creators literally are suffering in such games because there is NO CONTENT!! yet they are not ranting like Flamu, Aeroon and I hate to say it but Notser too!!

The thing is no matter how hard WG devs try, they receive so much of blind hate, which is 80% fueled by the CCs. Just look at how Flamu and Notser rants about the russians.
Notser Continuously mentions that russians are forcing the devs into buffing their ships by meeting them in real life, Are you out of your mind!? Being a content creator is a responsibility, I wouldnt be able to sleep at night knowing im spreading hate and toxicity amongst a playerbase!
Flamuu is the type of guy that finds a small fly in a soup and beats up the chef for it! 

Be happy the devs are generous enough to give you content for your videos in an f2p game. I feel like you're asking too much from them! Players in other games would worship the devs if they did 20% of what WG team is doing! Even making an entire line of paper ships requires a team of artists, who work day and night to put the details on the deck of the ship. You guys have no idea how much dedication it takes for such small things. Not even gonna mention the enourmous lines of coding and nightmares of bugfixing involved into releasing the artpiece in the game! Treat the game and the people working behind it with respect please! :Smile_honoring:

So justified criticism is toxic? 

...wait a second! Sub_'there-is-no-russian-bias'_Octavian, is that you on your alt account?  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8

Players
8,164 posts
9,029 battles
30 minutes ago, CaptainEdmond said:

Even making an entire line of paper ships requires a team of artists, who work day and night to put the details on the deck of the ship. You guys have no idea how much dedication it takes for such small things.

Because clearly, half the new introductions in premium and reward ships aren't recycled designs. Ships like Ohio, Thunderer, Yashima have about as much dedication put into it as if I go to the Chinese restaurant and they serve me instant noodles.

• Funny 4

[CATS]
Players
26,714 posts
14,317 battles
33 minutes ago, CaptainEdmond said:

Flamu is Flamu, nothing changed.

Notser is just reporting what is happening. That has nothing to do with hate, just facts.

• Cool 2

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
177 posts
5,413 battles

A popular CC won’t be popular for long if they don’t understand the needs and wants of their followers.

• Cool 2

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
57 minutes ago, CastorTolagi said:

Yes we should be grateful and STFU!

Of course because - how dare you - how dare you - asking for quality, for balance, for proper implementation, for not lying, for taking concerns serious.

HOW DARE YOU!

Here is a new broken OP russian Line.

Now praise us - praise us because we did it for you, you and.............you!

there is distinction in "asking for something" and "cryfest" we have now....last year most CC and forumities did nothing but cryying about every single thing in game:

- cv

-subs

- ru cruisers

- ifhe

- legendary module change

- PR event

- OP premium ships

- UP or usseles free ships (gorizia)

- Colbert/Somelnsk

- RU BBs

P.S.

how the [edited]you know new RU will be OP...you watchwed it on YT for sure? Yes most CC went to craper with crying and tey are now part of problem creating hordes on mindless cryers. When YT CC says it went Two brothers thruue midde you have hords of plasers doing same thing and thinking this is right way to do it....zero brain power involved.

P.S.2

edit* : no personal attacks please

• Cool 2
  • Bad 6

Players
2,085 posts
13,379 battles

They do not complain about not enough of content, they do about of too much of a content, they do complain about OP/broken content that nobody has asked for. About the force feeding us with gimmicky staff instead of fixing things that are in a need of fix. About micro-transactions, broken balance, powercreep, blatant lies and broken promises.

You know = all the usual staff for WG. :cap_haloween:

And they do it because they know this game better then some of creators, play it more then they do and most of them love this game and can not stand to look at what's going on with it.

• Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
9,695 posts
6,862 battles
22 minutes ago, veslingr said:

there is distinction in "asking for something" and "cryfest" we have now....last year most CC and forumities did nothing but cryying about every single thing in game:

- cv

-subs

- ru cruisers

- ifhe

- PR event

- OP premium ships

- Colbert/Somelnsk

- RU BBs

P.S.

how the [edited]you know new RU will be OP...you watchwed it on YT for sure? Yes most CC went to craper with crying and tey are now part of problem creating hordes on mindless cryers. When YT CC says it went Two brothers thruue midde you have hords of plasers doing same thing and thinking this is right way to do it....zero brain power involved.

P.S.2

edit*

We can read an from what we see it looks like these cruisers will have to much going for them. 

And please be honest - there is no freaking way on this earth WG would release a mediocre Russian line. They clearly regularly aim for the upper third - sometimes overshooting quite a bit but never ever for the middle of the pack or even lower third. 

I agree that the CV rework whining was hysterical but a lit of times an outcry shows a high dedication and passion. Hence I wouldn’t be too unspecific here. Yes sometimes people here do some overreacting/whining but a lot of times the criticism is even justified and a certain amount of noise is required to make the devs even listen. 

Show me one instance where polite asking for a change to an obviously very wrong development changes anything? Heck even after the Graf Zeppelin disaster WG said “it’s fine”. It took a full sh* storm to even make them consider that this ship was unfinished, broken and unplayable. 

I think what the OP is clearly missing is that a lot of guys really stay around here for so long and give very dedicated feedback. That alone is a huge compliment to the product in my opinion. 

• Cool 3

[CAIN]
Players
4,487 posts
18,943 battles
22 minutes ago, veslingr said:

- cv

-subs

- ru cruisers

- ifhe

- PR event

- OP premium ships

- Colbert/Somelnsk

- RU BBs

P.S.

P.S.2

edit*

:Smile_facepalm:

18 minutes ago, CaptainEdmond said:

Well said! 

No.

Just because a lot of us aren't on a neverending quest to kiss WGs butthole, doesn't mean we're 'crying'. 

• Cool 7

Players
2,085 posts
13,379 battles
8 minutes ago, veslingr said:

P.S.

Because of past experience? With a Smolenk, or Ru BBs? We know that if WG is set on realising OP/broken Russian (or even not Russian) ship they will do it.

Just because they can.

• Cool 1

Players
1,130 posts
23 minutes ago, veslingr said:

how the [edited]you know new RU will be OP...you watchwed it on YT for sure?

Sure.

And of course I can not make a very good educated guess with the numbers given.

I can not look at the HE DPM of Nevsky and say - hey thats a bit much.

And at the range to say - hey thats a bit much.

And the concealment to say - hey thats a bit low.

So where is the downside?

What are these new ships not good at?

edited* : Please stay away from personal arguments.

WR.JPG

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,890 posts
10,520 battles

Firstly,

Topic moved into the appropriate section of the forum.

Secondly, everyone please be careful because I already see a lot of borderline replies and posts.

This looks like a very delicate subject and I'd like to read these discussions too..

now, as a player,

Twitch is a different venue (like youtube or etc.)

If someone, anyone, not lying, manipulating or breaking their NDA or other agreements,

I for one, support their free speech. They can express their ideas, opinions and beliefs about this game in way they want.

One can always decide NOT TO WATCH or FOLLOW people who find them toxic.

And If they are violating any rules they will be sanctioned accordingly.

But expressing ideas in a very blunt and harsh way is not an offense If you ask me.

• Cool 5