Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
elblancogringo

CV damage control party

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
1,133 posts
7,085 battles

Hi all

I was wondering why did Wargaming decide to let the DCP of CVs last for a full minute? Not even talking about the fact that it is automatically activated, the duration of the DCP makes the CV invulnerable to fire for a too long time.

In addition, because of the armored deck of some high tiers CVs which will bounce AP shells, it results in a ship that is basically extraordinary tanky and can really not die fast, even when focused by many ships.

This is beyond ridiculous. CVs are already capable of attacking other ships without taking any risk (in terms of positionning of the ship), and you add that DCP on top.

I believe that not only should CVs be more fragile and have less HP, but they also should not have such a long lasting DCP, in my opinion. This is too much.

What's your opinion? I believe survivability of CVs should be nerfed, and it should begin with the DCP.

Regards

  • Cool 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,907 posts
19,732 battles

Like pretty much everything CV survivability related it's to prevent CV sniping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,828 posts
19,137 battles
13 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Like pretty much everything CV survivability related it's to prevent CV sniping.

Wouldnt god tier AA be enough to solve that?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,907 posts
19,732 battles
2 minutes ago, Europizza said:

Wouldnt god tier AA be enough to solve that?

 

But then WG wouldn't be able to say "tHeRe Is Cv InTeRaCtIoN LOL".

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UKMD]
Players
139 posts
3,162 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, Europizza sagte:

Wouldnt god tier AA be enough to solve that?

God tier AA would make it impossible for CVs to strike each other

 

which isn't the goal

 

the goal is to make the CV the worst possible target for another CV

so CVs only strike each other when there is no one left

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,828 posts
19,137 battles
3 hours ago, MagicMooby said:

God tier AA would make it impossible for CVs to strike each other

 

which isn't the goal

 

the goal is to make the CV the worst possible target for another CV

so CVs only strike each other when there is no one left

There was a goal? I mean, this rework was actually by design?  Can you imagine that, people discussing these ideas in meetings and collectively deciding that yeah, thats a great idea.

 :fish_aqua:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UKMD]
Players
139 posts
3,162 battles
Vor 44 Minuten, Europizza sagte:

There was a goal? I mean, this rework was actually by design?  Can you imagine that, meetings with several people discussing these ideas in meetings and collectively deciding that yeah, thats a great idea.

 :fish_aqua:

IIRC Carrier DCP was normal during testing

but enemy carriers would just sacrifice one squadron to trigger the Carriers automated DCP and then murder them with DOTs

so WG either had to give carriers manual control of their DCP, or they had to buff carrier DCP

 

we all know what happened

 

and as a side effect small calibre guns have become useless against CVs

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[N0RSE]
Players
179 posts
14,523 battles

I agree, it's stupid. For some reason WG don't want us to control our carrier, so no manual control for repair party. I don't mind that some carriers have armored decks. Some carriers were built to take punishment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,828 posts
19,137 battles
16 minutes ago, MagicMooby said:

IIRC Carrier DCP was normal during testing

but enemy carriers would just sacrifice one squadron to trigger the Carriers automated DCP and then murder them with DOTs

so WG either had to give carriers manual control of their DCP, or they had to buff carrier DCP

 

we all know what happened

 

and as a side effect small calibre guns have become useless against CVs

I appreciate the serious answer, but I was sarcastic. :cap_cool: They created a stupid problem and came up with a stupid solution. All in the name of making carriers stupid enough so stupid people can trottle about in them without being deleted instantly.

The key word seems to be: stupid.

 

EDIT: oh, and boring seemed to be a design goal too :D

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,712 posts
18,593 battles

It is a really bad design. Still I cannot see WG doing anything about it, because why would ships that are probably already damaged and have lost a lot of AA mounts need to be able to kill or at least knockout a CVs ability to keep putting up Wave upon wave of planes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,689 posts
14,808 battles
3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

 

But then WG wouldn't be able to say "tHeRe Is Cv InTeRaCtIoN LOL".

You know, reading this makes me think that all those JuSt PlaYiNg FoR fUn 42% WR folks aren't just regular players, they're WG employees that work in the balancing department... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SH33P]
Beta Tester
222 posts
6,791 battles
5 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

You know, reading this makes me think that all those JuSt PlaYiNg FoR fUn 42% WR folks aren't just regular players, they're WG employees that work in the balancing department... 

The thing is, there is a lot more of those 42% players than 60+% players - so WG decides to balance the game for the masses, not for the people who actually know what they are doing.

I bet that if there was a player-wide survey (i.e. every single active player would get asked), CVs would probably not top the list of complaints about the game. DDs and HE-spamming cruisers would probably the main issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
953 posts
8,523 battles
11 minutes ago, Zieten said:

CVs would probably not top the list of complaints about the game. DDs and HE-spamming cruisers would probably the main issues.

 

Well, mostly, they face one cv but 5 he spammers at a time 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,689 posts
14,808 battles
7 minutes ago, Zieten said:

The thing is, there is a lot more of those 42% players than 60+% players - so WG decides to balance the game for the masses, not for the people who actually know what they are doing.

I bet that if there was a player-wide survey (i.e. every single active player would get asked), CVs would probably not top the list of complaints about the game. DDs and HE-spamming cruisers would probably the main issues.

Even though HE spammers can be countered with smart positioning as well, I can kind of see the complaints  about them, WG went full tard on the HE spammers. Anyone who thinks DD's are an issue, though, with the amount of hard counters WG has, and keeps introducing into the game.. needs to uninstall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,439 posts
10,746 battles
4 hours ago, MagicMooby said:

God tier AA would make it impossible for CVs to strike each other

 

which isn't the goal

 

the goal is to make the CV the worst possible target for another CV

so CVs only strike each other when there is no one left

 

No, you know why those mechanics are all in place? Because CVs actually are the ultimate killing machines. They can strike anywhere at anytime and sink anything at will. Well, with our playerbase we actually have to say: have the POTENTIAL to do so - 85 % of playerbase is incapable of doing it. And because WG saw this potential and any halfway intelligent player would think "hey, I must first get rid of the biggest threat on the map, which is ofc the red CV" - they implemented mechanics to prevent EXACTLY that. So WG straight out admits, with auto DCP, immunity to fire, immunity to detonations and super AA, that CVs are overpowered and unstopable in killing surface ships. End of story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
9,832 posts
8,982 battles

Probably someone in charge at WG must be a real special one, and he wants to be CVs that way. I guess, the extra flak puffs from the AA mod were too much (probably still eating flak), so we had to get rid of it aswell!

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×