Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Janiksenkapala

###SAVE THE GAME SOLUTIUON###

29 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
7,704 battles

Getting more ppl playing games, they seem to play rush and die and repeat strategy, in where their win rate is not above 50%.

SO Please make it stop, right? Unless you are those guys and believe me nothing wrong there, except some ppl want to play games like chess football and imagine dear lord Ewen computer games in where there could be used a little strategy. So, i have found the solution in here, the newcomers who often remain the newcomers in the rest of their games as well, that make a game mode of like this:

Over 50% win rate players

AND

Below 50% win rate players.

WTH make ewen a cookie that it might actually be good idea to try be the over 50%, as that thing there encourage ppl to play better at least, as there is no reason what so ewer now to the ramm ppl spawn rush and respawn.

I did this topic because played few games of WOT where this is out of control, what i seen, and it could happen to this game right here too. So, this would let be the ppl who just dont care to play with each others happily and ppl who try at least, with their group. In pretty much all games there are ranks and carrots to try get better or achieve better results.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[UKMD]
Players
139 posts
3,156 battles

ok

now you only play with people who have 50+% WR

which means that everyone else is as good as you are

which means that your WR will go down

maybe even until you reach sub 50%

and now you get thrown in with the sub 50% players until you can fight your way back

yeah I don't see how that might cause problems and unprecedented amounts of salt

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles

The only viable solution are ballanced teams. Some bad players, some mediocre, some ok in both. But it not happen soon, if ever.

• Cool 3

[CAIN]
Players
4,486 posts
18,909 battles
2 hours ago, Yoshanai said:

Save the game from what?

Space Vikings from the planet Vaaarg. In doubt, always blame them.

• Funny 7

[THESO]
Players
4,069 posts

When the SUBS are gonna get released, all this will look like minor issues

• Funny 6

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,528 battles
28 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

When the SUBS are gonna get released, all this will look like minor issues

Why do you think so? (Not that I disagree, but I'm genuinely curious).

[SHAD]
Players
2,566 posts
11,491 battles

No to skill based matchmaking!

I assume the OP realises that if only the top 50% are in the top group, as soon as they enter this top group the average win rate of all players in the top group will be 50%.
At this point, according To skill based matchmaking, the bottom 50% will be moved to the lower group. This would continue until there  is only 1 player!

Win rate based matchmaking doesn’t work as it is a statistic solely based on the comparison between players. Change the quality of players by introducing a tier system would throw the whole Winrate system Into turmoil.

Top players in the lower group would have a much higher winrate then even the mid level of the top group even if they are worse players.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
Players
4,069 posts
16 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Why do you think so? (Not that I disagree, but I'm genuinely curious).

No particular reason I guess ... maybe from experience :)

From what I seen, I hope they never ever ever ever release them.

• Cool 4

Players
1,669 posts
14,740 battles

A very fresh and novel idea. Too bad it's been proposed 50 million times, and explained why it wouldn't work about 4-5 times more. Other than that, a damn fine plan.

[JRM]
Players
6,537 posts
24,701 battles
1 hour ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Space Vikings from the planet Vaaarg. In doubt, always blame them.

So that would be Klingons then?

Players
1,669 posts
14,740 battles
30 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

No particular reason I guess ... maybe from experience :)

From what I seen, I hope they never ever ever ever release them.

Stealthiest class in the game with guided torpedoes that can citadel and ignore torpedo protection, because reasons. (I thought the purpose of torpedo protection was, y'know, to protect against torpedoes? Seems like a complicated idea to comprehend, though...). Main counter are DD's that, in order to actually get in a position to kill a sub, they need to enter a cap, probably on the enemy side of it, while it's probably being covered by a CV / radars / radar DD's / hydro / SAP spammers / Smolensk / whatever else WG came up with that hard counters DD's (do they even come up with anything else these days?). They also need to do this while hoping the enemy sub doesn't get them pinged and nukes them with torps. Added fun: being pinged means your smoke is useless as well, on the off chance there isn't an enemy radar available to light you up.

As usual, though, the actual counter to the subs are going to be CV's. Because it's perfectly balanced to have that one class that counters everything else in the game with no actual counters to itself.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
4,069 posts
2 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

Stealthiest class in the game with guided torpedoes that can citadel and ignore torpedo protection, because reasons. (I thought the purpose of torpedo protection was, y'know, to protect against torpedoes? Seems like a complicated idea to comprehend, though...). Main counter are DD's that, in order to actually get in a position to kill a sub, they need to enter a cap, probably on the enemy side of it, while it's probably being covered by a CV / radars / radar DD's / hydro / SAP spammers / Smolensk / whatever else WG came up with that hard counters DD's (do they even come up with anything else these days?). They also need to do this while hoping the enemy sub doesn't get them pinged and nukes them with torps. Added fun: being pinged means your smoke is useless as well, on the off chance there isn't an enemy radar available to light you up.

As usual, though, the actual counter to the subs are going to be CV's. Because it's perfectly balanced to have that one class that counters everything else in the game with no actual counters to itself.

• Cool 3

Players
209 posts
11,590 battles

This only would work when the players are divided between WR 10-30 30-40 40-45 45-50 50-55 55-60 60-70 70-90 90-100 because WR isn't skill but mostly luck while skill influence that luck.

But spreading players would be much better then the only 2 WR but are they enough players to do this?

slow learning players like me will have not so much of a WR this would help thos a bit.

Players
6,422 posts
10,708 battles
10 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

A very fresh and novel idea. Too bad it's been proposed 50 million times, and explained why it wouldn't work about 4-5 times more. Other than that, a damn fine plan. 

Indeed. That beeing said: ive reached the point, where I would take ANY solution to get rid of low skill people (wouldnt draw the line at 50 % tbfh). Im so tired to see them throw game over game over game over game... It doesnt even matter if they throw my game other the opponent teams games. It sucks. Yesterday was one of the worst days ever. 5 games - every single one of them ruined by 40%ers. Oh wait there was one game, where a dude with 18.000 games and 50 % WR decided, he is parking his DD on A10 (ofc he slams a few torps into our team and F-key-spam the entire map).

I won a game within 6 mins, doing 21 k damage, slammed my BB in full speed, never touched S-key, hardly touched A&D, enemys didnt cap, evaporeted to CV and DD-torps --> sucks.

Lost 2 games where I not only out-XPed the second on my team - I straight out had almost double the XP both times. Did I lose against good enemys? lal. 3 DDs in the center of the map, gunboating for 12 minutes - nobody cared. I lost 3 of my BBs to dev strikes (2 to those gunboating DDs who decided "well, muh guns aint doing it, ill just get closer and torp). This game is becoming a farce. But yea, subs make sink it completly (what a pun). That close of throwing the towel here.

Oh yea: I made lower XP on my wins then on my losses yesterday.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
1,669 posts
14,740 battles
1 minute ago, Onsterfelijke said:

This only would work when the players are divided between WR 10-30 30-40 40-45 45-50 50-55 55-60 60-70 70-90 90-100 because WR isn't skill but mostly luck while skill influence that luck.

But spreading players would be much better then the only 2 WR but are they enough players to do this?

slow learning players like me will have not so much of a WR this would help thos a bit.

There's also the issue that simply dividing in below 50% and above 50% is painting with a very broad brush here; while it would exclude the worst players from being thrown in your match, it doesn't account for the fact that there is a vast, vast difference in gameplay quality between like a 50.2% WR player and someone that's over 60%. Maybe even greater than between a 42%er and a 50% player.

[PIKES]
Players
401 posts
59 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Top players in the lower group would have a much higher winrate then even the mid level of the top group even if they are worse players.

If you are in the lower level you will below 50% you will become better playing with thah low skilled population, but never will have more than 50%. As soon arrives to 50% will have to play with the top players, such as he will be fighting hard to improve or even keep that level. Probably return again to the lower level repeating again the cycle

Players
1,669 posts
14,740 battles
38 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Indeed. That beeing said: ive reached the point, where I would take ANY solution to get rid of low skill people (wouldnt draw the line at 50 % tbfh). Im so tired to see them throw game over game over game over game... It doesnt even matter if they throw my game other the opponent teams games. It sucks. Yesterday was one of the worst days ever. 5 games - every single one of them ruined by 40%ers. Oh wait there was one game, where a dude with 18.000 games and 50 % WR decided, he is parking his DD on A10 (ofc he slams a few torps into our team and F-key-spam the entire map).

I won a game within 6 mins, doing 21 k damage, slammed my BB in full speed, never touched S-key, hardly touched A&D, enemys didnt cap, evaporeted to CV and DD-torps --> sucks.

Lost 2 games where I not only out-XPed the second on my team - I straight out had almost double the XP both times. Did I lose against good enemys? lal. 3 DDs in the center of the map, gunboating for 12 minutes - nobody cared. I lost 3 of my BBs to dev strikes (2 to those gunboating DDs who decided "well, muh guns aint doing it, ill just get closer and torp). This game is becoming a farce. But yea, subs make sink it completly (what a pun). That close of throwing the towel here.

Oh yea: I made lower XP on my wins then on my losses yesterday.

I can feel your pain, I had a similar experience yesterday. It was actually worse than saturday, which was already atrocious enough, being on patch weekend. What does amaze me is the sheer consistency of german bb players being terrible. If you have one on your team, you can be sure that he will do one of three things they always seem to do: either snipe from max range / hide behind islands the whole game, or yolo into half the enemy team alone and die, or just be one of those geniuses that goes mid range than sails broadside to literally everything while spamming HE. Oh, and ofc they always fix single fires.

I mean, I like them when they're on the enemy team, they're good damage farm, but having them on my own team usually means you have to carry that much harder because you effectively started with a ship less.

• Cool 4

[PIKES]
Players
401 posts
9 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Indeed. That beeing said: ive reached the point, where I would take ANY solution to get rid of low skill people (wouldnt draw the line at 50 % tbfh). Im so tired to see them throw game over game over game over game... It doesnt even matter if they throw my game other the opponent teams games. It sucks. Yesterday was one of the worst days ever. 5 games - every single one of them ruined by 40%ers.

Being me one of those 40% players, I agree the awful could playing with us . But the same must happen with enemy team, such as in average, if the MM is fair, everybody has that same handicap.

Players
1,669 posts
14,740 battles
25 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

He makes a great point there, it's a shame it's worded in that way though, makes it easy for WG to dismiss. Not that they wouldn't do it anyway.. sigh.

But yea, good point - these suggestions do mostly come from people who play it very casually and have the "wouldn't it be cool if WG introduced <insert something naval from WW2 they heard of>" without having any actual understanding of the game and it's mechanics. In comes WG with it's catering to the lowest common denominator and you get the bs we have, and keep getting. 

The sad part is, subs could have actually been fun had they stuck to the concept introduced during that halloween event with subs - as in, limited time can be spent underwater, and you actually have to aim your torpedoes, no guidance. I would have been fine with that. How am I supposed to go counter a sub in a DD if he'll just ping me, and even if his magical mk48 adcap torps don't nuke me by some miracle, the fact he pinged me makes my smoke useless so his surface ships can just keep shooting at me? The way they set this up, I don't see anyone who's not suicidal going for subs in their DD's.

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
9,797 posts
8,977 battles
1 minute ago, neorvo said:

But the same must happen with enemy team, such as in average, if the MM is fair, everybody has that same handicap.

As he also wrote, that doesnt make it any better...

Why do i want to play, if the enemies decide to not fight at all?

[PIKES]
Players
401 posts
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

As he also wrote, that doesnt make it any better...

Why do i want to play, if the enemies decide to not fight at all?

In that case the problem is mainly at the other side and you try to kill them as fast as possible. In that case you will farm more credits than try to do the same like me playing co-ops.

Players
6,422 posts
10,708 battles
4 minutes ago, neorvo said:

Being me one of those 40% players, I agree the awful could playing with us . But the same must happen with enemy team, such as in average, if the MM is fair, everybody has that same handicap.

I get what you are saying and I dont disagree. As I wrote: I had 2 of the 5 games yesterday alone, where I happened to be on the team, which had more capable players then the enemys. So we steamrolled them which couldnt have been fun for the enemys and it wasnt fun for me neither. Like I also said: this is spinning more and more out of control and when you actually make more XP on the lost games then on the ones you win (this was a constant yesterday, but not only then, its starting to become a trend) then there is something wrong.

3 minutes ago, neorvo said:

In that case the problem is mainly at the other side and you try to kill them as fast as possible. In that case you will farm more credits than try to do the same like me playing co-ops.

As I stated: not even true anymore!

Left are my losses, right a win. I was so pissed I didnt take the other screens.

image.thumb.png.4fade4f0ce0eccd7a62dff70de16ec61.png

We have to ask ourselfs here: whats this game about? Is it all about making XP and credits? Shouldnt it be about playing for the objectives, playing as a team, playing for the win? The playerbase as a wide seem to have lost this way of thining along the way. It was not like that. But when a Moskva gives full broadside to the last enemy BB, with 60 sec on the clock, while leading in points and having 3 of 4 caps (saw it on Discord yesterday from another horrible experiance of someone else) then what is this? He rather loses the game because he wants to fire his back turret once or twice? How are people lacking such basic, easy and crucial skills? While freakin having a T10 ship? But its not the first time I notice this: The concept of time - points - objectives seems to be alien to a huge part of the playerbase. Maybe WG needs to make it way more obvious if you are about to win the game or not. Constantly flashing something "YOUR TEAM WILL WIN / LOSE WITH THE CURRENT SITUATION". I dont know.

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,341 posts
36,525 battles

WR isn't skill based at all. 

If WG has to make a solution for this problem MM should be PR based. And it should contain : bad, below average, Average, Good, Very good, great, unicuum. Because unicuum players are only 5% is the server.... You would wait there very long time. While the bad ones would not feel much difference since they are 40% of the server population.