You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HassenderZerhacker

Deliberate Teamdamage? How to get the offender banned?

42 comments in this topic

Players
875 posts
3,425 battles

So my Yorck just got deliberately torped by a Graf Spee, all 4 torps hit their target.

All the "automatic system" did was make him turn pink, I guess for 3 battles or so. Meaning, this has no negative consequence for him, he could continue "playing" (i.e. charging alone into 3 enemy battleships, 2 cruisers and one DD) and 3 battles later he can do the same again.

How to have that toxic player banned for a consequent amount of time?

As WG protects the guilty, I can't even post the replay. Well done WG !

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[URBAN]
Players
18 posts
3,774 battles

More time is added for each offence as I learned recently myself.

And I guess some can/will be permabanned if they continue their behavior.

• Funny 2

Players
1,698 posts
14,831 battles

Repeat offenders become orange (locked into coop) for a while, I guess if they keep doing it they get banned.I'm not sure what you'd have to do to actually get permabanned, even the least desireable teammates are a potential revenue source for WG so I' don't think they're all that eager to permaban anyone, tbh.

• Cool 1

[AOBA]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
157 posts
12,663 battles

I worked as a Game Master for a huge company..

We were not allowed to permaban even the worst offenders (teamkilling is not horrible at all, trust me) because of their potential subscription revenue.

Guess WG will be no different :D

Also:

Banning someone for teamkilling would be totally over-the-top punishment.

People have a hard time handing out the proper judgement for violations it seems.

• Cool 5

Players
875 posts
3,425 battles
4 minutes ago, Noray said:

I worked as a Game Master for a huge company..

We were not allowed to permaban even the worst offenders (teamkilling is not horrible at all, trust me) because of their potential subscription revenue.

Guess WG will be no different :D

swearing in-game and saying "potato team" is probably worse, from what I can see

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
26,778 posts
14,375 battles
16 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

Why would we need to see the replay?

Just write a ticket. A repeated offender gets a harsher punishment.

If he is not a repeated offender, only the automatic punishment will happen.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
713 posts
20 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

So my Yorck just got deliberately torped by a Graf Spee, all 4 torps hit their target.

All the "automatic system" did was make him turn pink, I guess for 3 battles or so. Meaning, this has no negative consequence for him, he could continue "playing" (i.e. charging alone into 3 enemy battleships, 2 cruisers and one DD) and 3 battles later he can do the same again.

How to have that toxic player banned for a consequent amount of time?

perhaps you asked for it. i often see in battles dd who ask to be team damaged. not directly, just subtle hits

mostly i can hold myself back, but if there is too many then im happy to oblige ...

last time i turned orange but what is that to help fellow christian ...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 3

[JRM]
Players
6,577 posts
24,792 battles

Well yeah he might have been a team killer or he just dropped fish despite you being there, I got deleted in Goliath today becouse a Benham decided to prevent me from torping the enemy BB at all costs... 

Players
875 posts
3,425 battles
11 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

perhaps you asked for it. i often see in battles dd who ask to be team damaged. not directly, just subtle hits

mostly i can hold myself back, but if there is too many then im happy to oblige ...

last time i turned orange but what is that to help fellow christian ...

nope... I just had stopped behind an island, preparing to farm a Nelson using HE, and the Graf Spee drives by and unloads the torps from maybe 200 meters away, I was not even in the direction of the enemy. This was when we just spotted the first enemy ships.

• Cool 1

Players
875 posts
3,425 battles
18 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Why would we need to see the replay?

Just write a ticket. A repeated offender gets a harsher punishment.

If he is not a repeated offender, only the automatic punishment will happen.

well, the support page clearly states that they won't handle teamdamage related tickets.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
26,778 posts
14,375 battles
1 minute ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

well, the support page clearly states that they won't handle teamdamage related tickets.

You can only try it.

If a case is serious enough, they will deal with it. But 95%+ of the cases are not serious.

• Funny 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,870 posts
12,352 battles

Some players just 'zoom in' and fire torps from the second line.  I took a couple of torps in an IJN DD yesterday when after capping I moved to get out of the area -  a 'friendly' cruiser decided it was time to send torps against a target well out of their torp range.

If it's really obvious that it was done on purpose (i.e. they were firing at you before or were directing comments at you) then I'd suggest raising a ticket with support and give the times the incidents happened (so they can concentrate on what happened in-game). 

I've had DD players try and boss our team (I think they were trying to get a cruiser or BB to spot for them) and end up chasing an torping team-mates rather than fight the enemy.

[FLASH]
[FLASH]
Players
399 posts
15,043 battles

Deliberately teamkill ... is a hard presumption. Most teamkills/teamdamages are unintended and result from lack of situation awareness.

If an apology follows it was a bad move from him and bad luck for You, but You can lay the matter to rest then.

If not ... well ... then maybe we have a case to be reported, no matter what WG states they will do ...

[LUZ1]
Players
661 posts
11,574 battles
25 minutes ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

nope... I just had stopped behind an island, preparing to farm a Nelson using HE, and the Graf Spee drives by and unloads the torps from maybe 200 meters away, I was not even in the direction of the enemy. This was when we just spotted the first enemy ships.

Send a ticket to WG. I hate team kills. :etc_swear:

Players
1,712 posts
18,593 battles

Just send the replay to WG support, they won't get permanently banned but they will get some sort of sanction.

I got team killed today but the guy doing it was obviously incompetent rather than malicious so I left it with him turning pink but malicious team killing always warrants support tickets

• Bad 1

Players
323 posts

I had a guy shoot at me today and I just ignored it they want you to fire back it's just the way they are.

[RODS]
Players
1,293 posts
7,262 battles

I have been pink a few times, never on purpose tho. Bad torp launches (and blind players on green team in combo)

Have been intentionally fired on by a team"mate" trying to make me do what he wanted, I was minding my own buisness killing BB:s had half health left, had got me a Gneis and severly damaged  a Richeliu (F__k you Asashio, cap b f__k you, gonna report you ) I was trying to not get hit again by the CV and looking for a new shot on the Richeliu, then this clown starts shooting at me, he took like 50% of my remaing health and next rocket volley from enemy CV my DD was dead

Uploaded  the replay to WG and filed a ticket, but got a "bla, bla, automated systems to monitor this type of issues, bla, bla, etc" in response

[THESO]
Players
953 posts
8,523 battles

In WG world, you can get away with any offense except exposing the offender... So just forget about it and go to next battle...

• Cool 3

Players
103 posts
11,363 battles
9 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

Just send the replay to WG support, they won't get permanently banned but they will get some sort of sanction.

I got team killed today but the guy doing it was obviously incompetent rather than malicious so I left it with him turning pink but malicious team killing always warrants support tickets

Snitch.

Some people deserve to be torped for stuoud play.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 4

Players
211 posts
11,634 battles

Not sure if it was possible in this case but when players send salvo of torps just angle so the first torp makes him pink and the other three reflect the damage to him :) works most of the time. Ofcourse this is when i am in the middle of that salvo not when people try to launch just next to you. You will now if they target you of it was a accident.

Players
560 posts
3,540 battles

Just remove team damage, problem solved. It's already removed in Ops to good effect and while I was originally opposed to it being removed from WoT thinking it would dumb the game down I later concluded that the game had improved a lot without FF. Now there is no reason to worry about some clueless dork with a big gunned TD removing half my hp with a careless or selfish shot nor have I to worry about some salty muppet taking his bad play or temper out on me. It's also nice that I don't get punished when I'm in sniper mode and some teammate with a fast light tank cuts out from behind building across my line of sight just as I pull the trigger. In WoW's there are similar scenarios. 

What good comes from allowing team damage anyway? If it's some noob learning the ropes that accidentally hits you with torpedo's or guns is that fair he gets punished for not being that good at the game yet and equally is it fair that his teammates gets heavily damage or killed? Is it ok that teammates are empowered to be the judge and executioner of other teammates? No, none of it is ok, get rid of team damage and believe me the game is better. 

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,901 posts
10,564 battles

First of all,

I see some posts that advocate TD or TK in some scenarios.

Guys,

That is against the game rules, and please stop advertising illegal actions.

Secondly, OP,

you can always send the replay to CS, give an explanation and a time frame to make it better.

But usually, If they don't do that regularly, they won't get banned,

Serial offenders gets locked into co-op for increasing durations, but it really takes some time to reach that point.

• Cool 1

Players
1,698 posts
14,831 battles
16 hours ago, DirtyHeddy said:

Deliberately teamkill ... is a hard presumption. Most teamkills/teamdamages are unintended and result from lack of situation awareness.

If an apology follows it was a bad move from him and bad luck for You, but You can lay the matter to rest then.

If not ... well ... then maybe we have a case to be reported, no matter what WG states they will do ...

16 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

Some players just 'zoom in' and fire torps from the second line.  I took a couple of torps in an IJN DD yesterday when after capping I moved to get out of the area -  a 'friendly' cruiser decided it was time to send torps against a target well out of their torp range.

If it's really obvious that it was done on purpose (i.e. they were firing at you before or were directing comments at you) then I'd suggest raising a ticket with support and give the times the incidents happened (so they can concentrate on what happened in-game). 

I've had DD players try and boss our team (I think they were trying to get a cruiser or BB to spot for them) and end up chasing an torping team-mates rather than fight the enemy.

You guys didn't read the whole thread, did you? :cap_haloween:

16 hours ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

A Graf Spee team torping from 200m away being deliberate at the start of a game is not hard presumption.