Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

How It Works: Semi-Armor-Piercing Shells

14 comments in this topic

[NMA]
Players
1,257 posts
18,871 battles

SAP, how it works? ...... No one knows, just point and shoot :cap_like:

• Cool 2

[_TWT_]
[_TWT_]
Players
63 posts
2,336 battles

thats the first "how it works" that actually helped me... at least comments did... free xp it is then! (placeholder for emoji that i cant see)

[FIFO]
Beta Tester
88 posts
10,463 battles
6 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

We're here to tell you about the principles behind the Italian cruisers' unique ammunition!

Either 'cross your fingers' or 'touch wood', is it?

The players don't like them or play them because you created the HE spam meta and SAP cannot compete with those readily available ships.

[DDN]
[DDN]
Players
10 posts
7,750 battles

What prevents you from posting a written text with the stats of the amunition? A video? Really. That is so customer unfriendly and basicly just clickbaiting. Just write it down, post it and make a video afterwards.

Nobody interested in the mechanics will watch a video if you do post the stats in written form, you know, like in a forum, maybe even in a forum dedicated to the game you are talking about...

Just annoying and useless.

• Cool 1

Players
7 posts
22,382 battles

SAP is crap for dd's, regardless of angle to the ship it do way too much damage, not in balance in combination with a Zigma that is too good. Adjust zigma and decrease dmg made when hits are angled at least.

[_TWT_]
[_TWT_]
Players
63 posts
2,336 battles
57 minutes ago, Great_Lake_Monster said:

SAP is crap for dd's, regardless of angle to the ship it do way too much damage, not in balance in combination with a Zigma that is too good. Adjust zigma and decrease dmg made when hits are angled at least.

remember the days when BB AP used to deal tons of damage to dds? wanna bet those days will return sooner or later with BB SAP? then you will remember what u just posted and think "these were good times when italian cruiser had SAP..." :D

Players
612 posts

I tried them and didn't like them.low firing rate and mediocre range, Zara 1 smoke as standard and that's only a getaway free and I couldn't work out why a much publicised line was so meeh? r British Heavies, again I find a slow firing  rate even worse range no smoke (exept London) again much publicised and yet meeh. now I have not played past T7 because I really don't want to, so why  are they like this? And it hit me after watching some reviews on a New Line that's coming  They are a tasty Soviet Cruiser Food!!!!   I'll wait for those then, I'll Loose in Style in those :Smile_teethhappy:

[X-10]
Players
70 posts
4,267 battles

I hope there will be a Mk23 shell 🤣 (a nuclear shell)

I wonder how many dmg will get per hit 🤔

WG Staff
3,368 posts
14,235 battles
15 hours ago, ___ax___ said:

thats the first "how it works" that actually helped me... at least comments did... free xp it is then! (placeholder for emoji that i cant see)

Well, like most unique features it becomes more pronounced with the higher Tiers. Even though if you understand the mechanic you will be able to make good use of the new ammo even on mid-Tiers.

12 hours ago, motor_g_b said:

I tried them and didn't like them.low firing rate and mediocre range, Zara 1 smoke as standard and that's only a getaway free and I couldn't work out why a much publicised line was so meeh? r British Heavies, again I find a slow firing  rate even worse range no smoke (exept London) again much publicised and yet meeh. now I have not played past T7 because I really don't want to, so why  are they like this? And it hit me after watching some reviews on a New Line that's coming  They are a tasty Soviet Cruiser Food!!!!   I'll wait for those then, I'll Loose in Style in those :Smile_teethhappy:

The IT line isn't really meh and it leads to a very strong Tier X (currently potentially even too strong) with the Venezia. Once you figure out how to use ammunition, it becomes more fun - this is why we create these videos, so players have a better understanding of mechanics and how to get the most out of ships.

14 hours ago, Great_Lake_Monster said:

Well it's the advantage of SAP and one of its strenths - on the downside you don't get to set fires. As a DD you will always outspot the IT CA and know the danger it presents :Smile_honoring:

Greetings, Crysantos

[FIFO]
Beta Tester
88 posts
10,463 battles
29 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

The IT line isn't really meh and it leads to a very strong Tier X (currently potentially even too strong) with the Venezia. Once you figure out how to use ammunition, it becomes more fun - this is why we create these videos, so players have a better understanding of mechanics and how to get the most out of ships.

Okay, but that means grinding ALL the Tiers in order to access a single good ship at Tier X which even then might be 'adjusted' at some time in the future if your words are anything to go by?

The video is good as it can help players to understand what's what in WoWs - more of these, please, and kudos to WG for producing them.

However, the proof is in the pudding and I'm not seeing many of this nation's cruisers. Possibly because DDs are very rare in top tier games nowadays which serves to make the SAP less useful. You can talk these ships up, but if they are rare and your customers are choosing other nations' vessels then you know it is because they are unattractive to compete with. One Tier X cruiser does not a nation make, Crysantos!

• Cool 2

Players
8,167 posts
9,029 battles
1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

Well, like most unique features it becomes more pronounced with the higher Tiers. Even though if you understand the mechanic you will be able to make good use of the new ammo even on mid-Tiers.

Mid tier cruisers struggle to be good even when not being armed with shells that bounce off angled targets, ballistics that are atrocious and torpedos that are as sad as an Italian who has to watch a pineapple be put on his pizza. Montecuccoli and Trento have some gimmicky smoke, but the ammo on these ships is less dependant on understanding the mechanics and more on enough stupid people moving around not understanding how to angle.

1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

Which is why Trento sits near the bottom of T6 cruiser WR and while it has pretty ok average damage, the limitations become quite clear when one sees that even the most capable Trento players have only 3/4 of the average damage of what the best players in other T6 cruisers like Leander, Nürnberg or Budyonny produce. As well as absolutely inconsistent WR, because the ship just cannot carry when it runs into enemies that actually have an idea of what they are doing. Venezia being strong and having the generous enough ricochet settings to hurt even heavily angled targets is not an excuse for the historic cruisers in the line being basically just a sad grind to get to the unhistorical 203 mm Mogami that still gets absolutely f***ed when another T10 BB or cruiser angles perfectly or is a Kremlin.

But by all means, nerf the Venezia, so there's even less reason to bother with this line.

• Cool 3

[-TAP-]
[-TAP-]
Beta Tester
95 posts
10,685 battles

SAP?

For when actually hitting anything wasn't random enough.....

Edited by Tall_Toot
typo
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this