Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Isoruku_Yamamoto

Use ship line XP to regrind line when resetting

11 comments in this topic

Players
1,222 posts
13,929 battles

The title is pretty self explanatory, but i'll explain both the principle and the reasoning nonetheless. 

When resetting a fully researched a tech tree line (through the research bureau), currently all XP is moved to tier 1. 

In my opinion this XP should be free to use to re-research said line. 
For players like myself who have been in the game for a long time, but do not yet have all lines completed it feels weird to effectively destroy your XP when resetting. 

The reason i think its justified to make this change is that any experience that gets moved down has actually been accumulated in said line before the reset. 
IMO it could even be made such that for instance the tier X, which generally will hold the most leftover XP, simply gets discounted by the XP sitting on that ship, tier IX by XP on tier IX, etc. 

I also understand that people could be against this, but again: we've played to accumulate this XP right? So i'd appreciate if WG could give their opinion :)

P.S. I've just decided to reset my first two lines (or well, the second will be done tomorrow), namely both US cruiser lines. 

Grtz Isoruku_Yamamoto

• Cool 4

Players
4,046 posts
29 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

I also understand that people could be against this, but again: we've played to accumulate this XP right? So i'd appreciate if WG could give their opinion :)

Players are not against it. Most of us would welcome it with open arms.

It is one of Wargamings income sources. If you want to convert excess XP into freeXP you need doubloons. Those you purchase with actual money. So if you spend money you can use that XP to research ships.

• Cool 1

[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team, Freibeuter
2,487 posts
7,319 battles

If they add something like this, they could just add a feature to exchange XP and Credits for research points. Would probably be easier to implement.

That would be the better solution in my opinion: Add a feature that allows you to buy research point for credits and XP. Make it more expensive than regular regrinding and/or limit the amount of points you can get that way (and reset this counter once you regrind something), that way regrinding is still a possible option for some players and other players can just take the short but more expensive way.

Players
1,222 posts
13,929 battles
1 hour ago, floribe2000 said:

If they add something like this, they could just add a feature to exchange XP and Credits for research points. Would probably be easier to implement.

That would be the better solution in my opinion: Add a feature that allows you to buy research point for credits and XP. Make it more expensive than regular regrinding and/or limit the amount of points you can get that way (and reset this counter once you regrind something), that way regrinding is still a possible option for some players and other players can just take the short but more expensive way.

I like this idea as well. It could pop up as an option when you want to reset the line. 

Introduce special re-research XP, only to be used on reresearching ships, for a cost of 2 ship XP and some credits. Only obtainable when resetting a line. 

Resetting the Des Moines line got me approximately 30M credits in modules, ships etc. Say then that if id want to convert re-XP to the tier X, itd cost me roughly that 30M, such that i actually really lose credits onit, but can save the effort of regrinding- since i already earned that XP. 

Great credit &XP drain :)

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,397 posts
31,662 battles
1 hour ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

No we didn't, we played ships because we must, so that we could research next ships, or because we like ship. Nobody is playing to accumulate more XP on the ships as, to use that XP, you need to spend doubloons (read real money) to convert it to FXP.  

1 hour ago, floribe2000 said:

Well you can always use doubloons to convert Elite XP to FXP which you can use to speed up research process, use credits to buy researched ships, play one game in them and you will get research points.

Seems like you are ignoring whole point of RB. It is the way WG is wanting you to either make players redo already existing content they spend so much to create but which people usually pass once and never again, or to use as a massive credit sink (but under credits they mean foremost FXP and doubloons). I'm not saying that it is a good idea but original NTC was waaaay worse then current system. But I doubt that WG will add more way to skip whole regrind process than we already have.

• Cool 3

Players
2,147 posts
16,474 battles
23 minutes ago, fumtu said:

But I doubt that WG will add more way to skip whole regrind process than we already have.

They won't, as it would defeat the entire purpose of them adding the whole thing in the first place, as you outlined above.

• Cool 1

Players
483 posts

Well if that was a thing then converting XP to free XP would be pointless and this a income drop for wg. I agree though ,extra XP earned while playing the GK should be used if you reset the GK line. Everyone would play the tier X until they had enough XP to unlock the line again. Everyone has hundreds of thousands XP on their tier X

[-N5C-]
Players
265 posts
16,572 battles

I wouldn't worry about research bureau if I still had ship lines to grind. RB was made for those of us who have all ships and are willing to grind more for special rewards.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,397 posts
31,662 battles
23 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

Well if that was a thing then converting XP to free XP would be pointless and this a income drop for wg. I agree though ,extra XP earned while playing the GK should be used if you reset the GK line. Everyone would play the tier X until they had enough XP to unlock the line again. Everyone has hundreds of thousands XP on their tier X

Do you even know what is a point of RB? What you are basically saying is, get to T10, play T10 as much as you get enough XP to unlock whole line again after reset, collect research points, immediately get T10 again, play it as long as you need to unlock whole line and do all process again and again and .... so whole point is to get T10 and just play a loooot of T10 games, and you get research points for that.  

Players
483 posts
1 hour ago, fumtu said:

Do you even know what is a point of RB? What you are basically saying is, get to T10, play T10 as much as you get enough XP to unlock whole line again after reset, collect research points, immediately get T10 again, play it as long as you need to unlock whole line and do all process again and again and .... so whole point is to get T10 and just play a loooot of T10 games, and you get research points for that.  

Yes that's what I'm saying and that would defeat the whole point of RB if one could do that. Wg would lose cash on that and nobody would play the mid tiers. At the same time it feels wrong to have so much XP on the same line while not being able to use it on the same line

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
28,209 battles
5 hours ago, fumtu said:

Seems like you are ignoring whole point of RB. It is the way WG is wanting you to either make players redo already existing content they spend so much to create but which people usually pass once and never again, or to use as a massive credit sink (but under credits they mean foremost FXP and doubloons). I'm not saying that it is a good idea but original NTC was waaaay worse then current system.

This.

Sign in to follow this