Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Iolite

Dmitri Donskoi, Moskva & the new modules

5 comments in this topic

[K3RLS]
Players
292 posts
9,060 battles

So we got the new consumable duration module that increases the duration time of consumables. Taking this and the fact that Russian Cruisers don't have the longest Radar. Should it be a good idea to use the new  duration module in combination with the Radar duration module to get Intel for longer in trade for concealment? Because Soviet Cruisers aren't exactly stealthy. And I'm not really 100% into static gameplay

[SHAFT]
Players
9,815 posts
8,982 battles
6 minutes ago, Sirius_IV said:

Because Soviet Cruisers aren't exactly stealthy.

Even more reason to take anything you can get?

I mean, if you lose concealment, the harder it will be to get into position to actually radar the DD. Moskva with full concealment build already has 13,x km detection. So it will be more like 15-ish if you drop the Concealment mod. 3 km window in which you cant radar but will be detected.

Playing Stalingrad with >14km concealment can be a pain in the butt, cant even imagine how its gonna be with 15km.... (and you want to move around even, makes it worse actually).

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,110 posts
8,605 battles

For the Donskoi I would not give up concealment. Full concealment build gives you a 600 m zone from beeing spotted and getting into radar range. And for a large squishy cruiser like the Donskoi that is often vital.

If you want longer duration radar just pick the radar module. You loose virtually nothing from it and still retain your concealment.

Players
10,023 posts
11,823 battles

While hightier RU cruisers have questionable camo (14.1km in Moskva case), I'd still stick to maxing out camo and get Surveillance Radar mod from Armory for coal, giving bigger radar buff without compromising camo.

For upcoming new Russian cruisers, camo will be even more vital as max camo build will allow them to stealth radar, or at least have detection range equal to radar range.

[K3RLS]
Players
292 posts
9,060 battles

Concealment it is then :cap_like:

Can't wait for the new cruisers moreee "fun" Let's give them even lesser armor and hp and I'll say yes you can let them stealth radar. Don't do it and the HE spam community wants to know your location. 

Sign in to follow this