You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anonym_OQ8SFxmDxroh

Alsace is just BAD...

73 comments in this topic

Players
70 posts

I grinded Alsace, all full modules and captain with 11 points skills, here are my impressions:

CONS:

- low HP

- secondaries are laughable, I tried full secondary build, absolutely not worth it, you ocassionally start some fires (mabye 1-3 per battle with almost none damage) and thats it

- guns are painfully inaccurate at range even with main battery modification 3 

- APs can't penetrate almost anything, only from medium to close range (cruisers from medium range, battleships from close range). If BB is angled you won't pen even from 2 km  

- main gun reload 32 seconds lol. I have Yamato that reloads much faster

- main guns have short range, doesnt help vs HE spammers that are shooting at you from 21 - 25 km 

PROS:

- you have engine boost 2 consumable so you can run away when you have a team of noobs and losing 0:5 (very often with broken mm). With some luck you can flee and hide behind island and survive defeat. 

The worst BB I have ever played. I am sorry I wasted my time and free xp grinding this ship. I enjoyed Normandy, Lyon and Richelieu, but Alsace is just bad.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,348 posts
36,695 battles

Republique is way better, reload, range and penetration. AA is also more potent and Alsace one. 

Players
1,112 posts
12,985 battles

Dunno what ship your playing I really enjoyed the Alsace, much better than the POS that is the Lion, if you think Alsace is inaccurate then you should try the Lion that misses broadsides at 6km with the shells scattering all around the targeted ship...

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
209 posts
13,211 battles

Maybe it's not the ship but you. I liked Alsace very much, still preferring it to repuplique (but just because I can't play her correctly yet). Alsace just handles different to your normal BB. I used her more for kiting than tanking cause she certainly is no tank. Get used to her playstyle and you may be surprised about her abilities

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,348 posts
36,695 battles
7 minutes ago, _Kettenbeisser said:

Maybe it's not the ship but you. I liked Alsace very much, still preferring it to repuplique (but just because I can't play her correctly yet). Alsace just handles different to your normal BB. I used her more for kiting than tanking cause she certainly is no tank. Get used to her playstyle and you may be surprised about her abilities

Mate Repu has amazing pen and that reload. I like her very much, ofc of overextend you get punished hard by HE spam. 

[CATS]
Players
26,851 posts
14,391 battles

Alsace has the second highest WR of all Tier IX silver BB.

Playing her with secondary setup is an obvious mistake. She is a flanker and excels at that. Shooting 8 guns while angled is a firepower advantage.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
4,089 posts
6 hours ago, Lepi_Mija said:

I grinded Alsace, all full modules and captain with 11 points skills, here are my impressions:

CONS:

- low HP

- secondaries are laughable, I tried full secondary build, absolutely not worth it, you ocassionally start some fires (mabye 1-3 per battle with almost none damage) and thats it

- APs can't penetrate almost anything, only from medium to close range (cruisers from medium range, battleships from close range). If BB is angled you won't pen even from 2 km  

- main guns have short range, doesnt help vs HE spammers that are shooting at you from 21 - 25 km 

PROS:

- you have engine boost 2 consumable so you can run away when you have a team of noobs and losing 0:5 (very often with broken mm). With some luck you can flee and hide behind island and survive defeat. 

The worst BB I have ever played. I am sorry I wasted my time and free xp grinding this ship. I enjoyed Normandy, Lyon and Richelieu, but Alsace is just bad.

Its been a while since I played the ship, and I no longer have it in port.

But 32 sec reload? Are you playing with reload module? Cause something does not add up.

With reload module and adrenaline rush kicking in, the reload was pretty damn fantastic.

+ you hardly can create a full secondary build with 11 pts captain ....

In my book:

PROS:

- fast with engine boost consumable that spices up playing on flanks

- 12 guns with decent reload of aroud 26 sec with reload module

- good HE potential with good fire chance

- good concealment 

- decent AA (at least it used to be)

- strong torpedo belt

CONS:

- shitty HE protection

- low HP pool

- inconsistent guns

- gets overmatched by ships like Musashi, Yamato ...

- weak secondaries even with IFHE (but with good fire chance)

So to my memory it was not a bad ship. But going for anything else than reload is probably the wrong way. And 11 pts captain is kinda crappy at T9/10.

• Cool 3

Players
1,908 posts
6 hours ago, Lepi_Mija said:

- APs can't penetrate almost anything

Must be user error because Alsace is one of the ships i have the most dev strikes with. Also. When you fight angeled BB's load HE. She is a great firestarter. And dont play the French like other "bow in" BB's. Get on flanks and enjoy glorious blaps. 

• Cool 4

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
7 hours ago, Lepi_Mija said:

CONS:

- low HP

PROS:

Second best silver t9 BBs by stats. 

Sorry to burst your bubble but this is LTP isse

• Cool 2

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
7 ore fa, Lepi_Mija ha scritto:

CONS:

- low HP

PROS:

- you have engine boost 2 consumable so you can run away when you have a team of noobs and losing 0:5 (very often with broken mm). With some luck you can flee and hide behind island and survive defeat

CONS:

- Low HP is a balancing factor, spec for tanking and you won’t notice that;

- You got it right: don’t use secondaries on French BBs;

- Main Battery Mod 3 doesn’t reduce dispersion, Aiming System does it;

- AP has 600mm of pen at 8km and 500mm at 14km, at longer range you should aim for upper belt pens on BB, while you have enough pen to citadel cruisers at every range;

- Main gun reload is 28,2 with the most efficient build and Yamato is tier 10 lol;

- There aren’t HE spammers with such a long range, if they are spamming you with spotter plane then you have like 13-14 seconds to WASD hack before their shells land; also, you don’t need all that range as a BB: STOP CAMPING THE BACK, French BBs need to create crossfires exploiting openings or open flanks;

PROS:

- You should have at least 3 consumables: are you using premium ones? Also you should consider getting superintendent after concealment expert, fire prevention and adrenaline rush;

- MM is not broken: playerbase is just bad.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
7 hours ago, Lepi_Mija said:

Also pls pls dont free exp a thing. It is bad for you. It is bad for your team. It is just toxic situation for everyone. 

SmartSelect_20200217-080511_Chrome.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
10,038 posts
11,833 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Shooting 8 guns while angled is a firepower advantage.

Disadvantage, if you consider lower tier Richelieu have the same amount of dakka, faster reload and better sigma. That 3rd turret is only "improvement" over Richy and its usage comes with substantial survivability cost.

[CATS]
Players
26,851 posts
14,391 battles
6 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Disadvantage, if you consider lower tier Richelieu have the same amount of dakka, faster reload and better sigma. That 3rd turret is only "improvement" over Richy and its usage comes with substantial survivability cost.

But you do not consider lower Tier ships.

[RAIN]
Community Contributor
1,178 posts
16,054 battles

Alsace is just the best tier IX silver BB (my point of view).

You have a high alpha per salvo, speed,concealement,maneuvrability.

You lack of tankiness but it's not a issue with your speed/concealement/maneuvrability.

Alsace is the best TIX flanker BB with georgia

• Cool 2

[KHIF]
[KHIF]
Players
3,395 posts

Everything resume in 1 word by @ColonelPete and @malimoo : Flanker.

If you try to play it/her as a tanker (Russian T9, Izumo, etc ) it's normal to be in trouble. Dont rush early in game if you don't where your team will go but please DO NOT REVERSE ALL THE GAME !!!!! xD :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,348 posts
36,695 battles
2 hours ago, nambr9 said:

But 32 sec reload? Are you playing with reload module? Cause something does not add up

I think he took the range upgrade....

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,869 posts
9,001 battles
8 hours ago, Lepi_Mija said:

With some luck you can flee and hide behind island and survive defeat.

tenor.gif?itemid=11983883

8 hours ago, Lepi_Mija said:

If BB is angled you won't pen even from 2 km  

You could have infinite pen, if you are at ricochet angles, only overmatch will help you.... and you simply cant overmatch T8-10 BBs with those guns, only Yamasushi can do it.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
4,490 posts
18,961 battles

Alsace is only a small improvement over the Richilieu (which is an awesome boat), which makes her a great ship at TIX.

Very fun to Play - for me - due to constantly being on the move.

Calling her bad is like saying Smolensk is slightly underpowered. 

Not all BBs are bow-in Campers, and thank god for that. 

Sadly, i don't have a good captain for her atm, so she collects dust in my port. 

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
720 posts
14,147 battles
10 hours ago, Lepi_Mija said:

Normandy: hit rate 25%

Lyon: hit rate 25%

Richelieu: hit rate 26%

Alsace: hit rate 25%, so this one is bad?

[THESO]
Players
812 posts

This is why we cant have nice things and got smolensk (and other annoying ships)instead of it

Players
315 posts
3,605 battles
Il y a 3 heures, malimoo a dit :

Alsace is just the best tier IX silver BB (my point of view).

You have a high alpha per salvo, speed,concealement,maneuvrability.

You lack of tankiness but it's not a issue with your speed/concealement/maneuvrability. 

Alsace is the best TIX flanker BB with georgia

And yet each time I ask for Alsace in your stream it can't be done :Smile_trollface: (just kidding ^^ )

But still, Alsace lacks a *recent* "how to" taking into account the recent changes in meta. I asked for pointers, I'm hopeful I will get some clues. She doesn't play like a Richelieu, for sure.

I have a terrible winrate with her, to the point I planned to play her HE - too many bow-in cruisers these days. But yesterday I played as usual, and this time I crushed the enemy weak flank at full speed mode (two broadsiding cruisers) then slammed back full speed on the enemy strong side : 135k, 4 kills. I don't get her *at all*

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester
228 posts
10 hours ago, Lepi_Mija said:

PROS:

- [...] you can flee and hide behind island and survive defeat. 

I want to laugh yet need to cry.

• Cool 1

Players
2,903 posts

I love French bbs but I stopped at Richelieu. Alsace just didn't sit right wit me so this thread is helping some reading people's experience on it

Players
1,723 posts
14,915 battles
42 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

I love French bbs but I stopped at Richelieu. Alsace just didn't sit right wit me so this thread is helping some reading people's experience on it

Republique is worth the grind.

[KUTYA]
Players
3 posts
11,406 battles

Hello ladies,

I got bored of Rich a long time ago (playin german bbs usually instead), but now I had my first run on Alsace and have impressions. With a hindi and a grozovoi we could massacre a dd, 3 bbs and 2 cruisers in a corner where alsace could outmanouver quite everything and be always on the other side of some islands than expected, while the nmy bbs just couldn't move and turn that fast. Had to tank 2-3 broadsides, those made half of the ship gone in seconds ofc., but being in a good position after was worth it. Secondaries could shred a pommern lighting 5 fires on it in 2 mins. It seems that the key is mobility, at first glance I like this dinghie very much.

Mayb it's a mistake to build it for secondaries, but hey, it worked at least once, you just shouldn't snipe from twenty miles :p