You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ronchabale

Anyone using the Torpedo Lookout or

43 comments in this topic

[RODS]
Players
1,293 posts
7,261 battles

Ship Consumables Mod 1 ?

On what ships have you used them ?

shot-20_02.16_19_20.04-0102.jpg.5658287446f212f0059469ab3efd2384.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles

None. Concealment is better.

• Cool 3

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles

Even with say the Conqueror's super heal you're looking at around 1600-2000 hit points per heal. But how much is that worth if you can go dark and recover anyway?

[RODS]
Players
1,293 posts
7,261 battles

Torp lookout seems like a dud

Conq has enough heal as it is

What I have been looking at is the potential of 10% longer damage con / repair party, yeah, maybe live a bit longer in the Massa  ?  

But add to that 10% to speedboost and reload booster on a ship like Jean Bart could be worth looking at

I dunno..

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles

The conq reference was to give an idea of the maximum amount of heal you could possibly get with the upgrade. Sure you could use it on Massa, but the amount healed is going to be a lot less than the super heal on the conq. You can loose more than that trying to get to where you want to brawl, thanks to 15-6km concealment.

Same kind of goes for the speedboost, you're talking what 10 extra seconds. How useful is that when you can be spotted from say +15km?

Best thing to do is purchase one and stick it on and test for yourself. Its free to demount and change at the moment, but that ends sometime next week. If it works for you, great and enjoy. There's no hard and fast rules for any of this.

I Spec my german bb's for secondary range, but haven't gone full secondary captain skills, leaving Manual secondaries and bft off for now. A waste some would say, whilst others would say any secondary build is sub-optimal.

Concealment is a big part of the game's design, hence why a lot consider it so important for most ships, whatever the class.

• Cool 2

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

Concealment mod is far more useful for any class than any other mod currently available, including the new ones.

[POI--]
Players
1,145 posts
9,746 battles

According to Asashio players EVERY BB is using the torpedo lookout system:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,018 posts
6,160 battles

I have install it on my Tirpitz, but I have not tested it until now.

I think, it can be usefull when brawling, because you can't get surprised by torps that much like before. If you see them earlier, you maybe can dogde them by just slow down, without the need to turn and show broadside to enemy BB.

Because of that I think, torpedos + permanent mini hydro could be usefull on Tirpitz. But other BBs? Regular german BBs have hydro and other BBs can make more use of concealment-modul.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,570 posts
13,858 battles

I think I have it - by mistake, quite possibly - on my Kii, due to having the old version on there. I think I'll be taking it off though...

[HAZEL]
Players
55 posts
6,986 battles

No, i still prefer the concealment. Tho, when i get the Kremlin i will probably give the Torpedo Lookout a try. GK doesn't need it because hydro.

Players
445 posts

Torpedo Lookout, brought to you by the brain cell behind, PR, CV, subs, AA, various silly nerfs and fantasy Russian navy, stay tuned for the next exciting addition to WG, on how to screw up your game and ps off your players.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

[TALOS]
Players
272 posts
10,264 battles

I put it in USSR, USN BBs and Tirpiz.

so far very good!

I also put torpedo boost in IJN DDs!!! BBs cant doge 70 knt torps

Beta Tester
1,910 posts
11,686 battles
17 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

Ship Consumables Mod 1 ?

On what ships have you used them ?

shot-20_02.16_19_20.04-0102.jpg.5658287446f212f0059469ab3efd2384.jpg

Its not worth it over concealment with all these HE spammers in the game. Just having some skill, experience and priority target pretty much have the same effect.

Whats worse, eating a random torp now or then or never being able to disengage from 4 HE spammers that are focusing you? Which also often results in you getting desperate and turning broadside to red teams BBs when you try and flee from the spewing dragons.

• Cool 2

[URBAN]
Players
18 posts
3,774 battles

I am not using it on any of my BB's as I find concelement more valuable. Beside it's not like I take torpeodo hits all the time so this module would be occasionally useful while concelement would be useful all the time.

[RODS]
Players
1,293 posts
7,261 battles
20 minutes ago, Thrall1983 said:

I am not using it on any of my BB's as I find concelement more valuable. Beside it's not like I take torpeodo hits all the time so this module would be occasionally useful while concelement would be useful all the time.

Good point

Beta Tester
3,166 posts
3,608 battles

It is with great satisfaction that the Admiralty Board of the Pan-Asian Navy takes note of the opinions voiced on this conversation topic.

:fish_book:

• Funny 2

[XTREM]
Players
3,794 posts
11,211 battles

So suddenly concealment is far more useful. Where is the whining about DDs being nerfed by torpedo lookout module now? I thought everyone would take it to hurt those DD players?

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,570 posts
13,858 battles
39 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

I thought everyone would take it to hurt those DD players?

I got the impression that the main reason people got upset was not that forumites would use the mod (clearly most won't), but rather that more typical players would. Whilst it's not entirely sporting to farm BBs that sail in straight lines, it is a significant part of one's game economy, so a reduction in that ability might hurt (plus, from a practical standpoint, even a hopeless BB is a damage sponge for their team - for a while at least).

I haven't played enough since the new mod hove into view to comment intelligently, but in the games I have played, I haven't detected any significant change to a typical BB's ability to evade my torps in their favour (if anything, the new zoomy torps mod *may* have made DDs' lives easier).

[P7S]
Players
181 posts
1 hour ago, Yoshanai said:

So suddenly concealment is far more useful. Where is the whining about DDs being nerfed by torpedo lookout module now? I thought everyone would take it to hurt those DD players?

Nah, we were just afraid that we won't be able to farm Yoshanai sailing straight line from his cap to ours (via map autopilot, so he can focus on aiming).

• Funny 1