You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bear__Necessities

1 year CV rework anniversary

77 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,148 posts
3,074 battles

I was in the CVs are fine camp, then i decided to grind the hosho to get myself a shokek.  I now know why people hate t4 CVs

• Cool 9

Beta Tester
1,148 posts
3,074 battles
Just now, Rionnen_marksman said:

Out of curiosity, do t8 premium cv’s have special MM algorithms?

As an enterprise loving captain, sadly not to my knowledge.

Players
25 posts
1,436 battles

CVs are butchered with the current AA buffs. CVs can only look for DDs or hunt ships with bad AA alone, far from other ships. The rework made them fun for a while, but they are marginal if the opposing team sticks together.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 6
  • Angry 1

[DAVY]
Players
525 posts
8,352 battles

twin cv matches are nightmare fuel for dds, at least the oldschool ones that rely on stealth and torps. But who plays those these days anyways.

Players
372 posts
5,721 battles
10 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

As an enterprise loving captain, sadly not to my knowledge.

Interesting, had 4 games in Lexington this morning, all t8 games.

jumped in Kaga and had 5 t10 games in a row.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,575 posts
24,764 battles
4 minutes ago, MacD3rpington said:

CVs are butchered with the current AA buffs. CVs can only look for DDs or hunt ships with bad AA alone, far from other ships. The rework made them fun for a while, but they are marginal if the opposing team sticks together.

Aaand they completely kill the positioning aspect of the game as any kind of attempt to catch the enemy team in the flank will both be exposed by the flying rats and likely get you focused and killed, not to mention the CV itself dumping on you...

• Cool 7

Players
6,439 posts
10,736 battles
2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Aaand they completely kill the positioning aspect of the game as any kind of attempt to catch the enemy team in the flank will both be exposed by the flying rats and likely get you focused and killed, not to mention the CV itself dumping on you...

You dont really take that guy serious, right? Hint: take his name and put it into a certain website. Then its obvious^^

45 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

I was in the CVs are fine camp, then i decided to grind the hosho to get myself a shokek.  I now know why people hate t4 CVs

I have very little feelings when it comes to not touching ships, because I think "if WG thinks its fine then eff it, ill play it". But I couldnt touch Hosho anymore. And I am / was far from achieving whats possible now or some guys do in her (played her before the double torp buff and even then it was nasty).

• Cool 2

Players
25 posts
1,436 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

Maybe if they would balance the AA, CVs would go after battleships and cruisers or the enemy CV. Currently there is no reason to send a squadron after a CV, because if you are lucky you get 1 run and score a couple of hits but loose a complete squadron. If there is something with the CV, you don't even get there.

DDs were stealthy and fast, but everybody wants to run a torp DD to get the big damage Shimkazes are focused down like mad these days.

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,905 posts
19,732 battles

Man, you guys are late to the party. I've been doing that for a year now. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 5

Beta Tester
1,148 posts
3,074 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

Man, you guys are late to the party. I've been doing that for a year now. :Smile_trollface:

Errm you've been going on the enty. 

The tiers go like this imo

4: utterly broken

6. weakest cv tier

8. fine

10. Fine, MW is a bit on the weak side.  partly due to the surge in smolensks.

but hey...

Players
4,483 posts
7,604 battles
7 minutes ago, MacD3rpington said:

Maybe if they would balance the AA, CVs would go after battleships and cruisers..................

L2P issue detected.

Players
25 posts
1,436 battles
10 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

You dont really take that guy serious, right? Hint: take his name and put it into a certain website. Then its obvious^^

I have very little feelings when it comes to not touching ships, because I think "if WG thinks its fine then eff it, ill play it". But I couldnt touch Hosho anymore. And I am / was far from achieving whats possible now or some guys do in her (played her before the double torp buff and even then it was nasty).

It's obvius you played exatly 3 games in a CV. You know exactly jack sheet about playing CVs.

Players
6,439 posts
10,736 battles
1 minute ago, MacD3rpington said:

It's obvius you played exatly 3 games in a CV. You know exactly jack sheet about playing CVs.

And I still know more about it then you do :cap_tea:

• Funny 5

[SERBS]
Players
465 posts
14,129 battles

Worst rework in the history of gaming.

• Cool 11

Players
25 posts
1,436 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

And I still know more about it then you do :cap_tea:

I'm eagerly awaiting your recent battle in a T10 CV, showing your amazing skills and knowledge.

Players
75 posts
6,194 battles
9 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Errm you've been going on the enty. 

The tiers go like this imo

6. weakest cv tier

My Ark Royal respectfully disagrees with you. Taking a dump on CL and DD is the easiest with her

• Cool 2