Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kailii

Detection Range off since last patch?

7 comments in this topic

Players
35 posts

Just finished a game where my Kagero was last on my team against Gadjah Mada and Akizuki.

I had both spotted - steering clear of both because score was going our way - when i was spotted.

Gadjah was 5.6 km away (my concealment 5.0), Akizuki around 6.5, maybe 6.8, but not under 6.

I was driving away from both (so likely no lag issue), and i didn't fire any guns for minutes.

And another incident, maybe related:

My DD was about to cap, both enemy DDs destroyed long enough ago to be sure there were

no late torps, about 8 km to the nearest island, no CVs, and i got torped by two salvoes coming

from different angles (about 35-40 degrees apart).

Unspotted all the time. I wonder how this is possible as well.

Any ideas folks?

[CATS]
Players
26,688 posts
14,310 battles

Kagero has 5.37 km, not 5 km

I suggest to give us a replay.

When you are capping or going for a cap, it is not really difficult to launch blind torps in your direction....

Players
35 posts

No replay available.

5.0 or 5.37 does not matter in the situation described,

Blind torps from cruisers from over 8 km away, combining at around 40 degrees with perfect timing.

What game are you playing?

[CATS]
Players
26,688 posts
14,310 battles

Replays are automatic.

Without it, you will never know what you missed. For example: forgetting to equip camo.

WoWs. I sunk enough ships with torps of which I did not know that they were even there...

[4_0_4]
Players
7,588 posts
13,776 battles
1 hour ago, kailii said:

Just finished a game where my Kagero was last on my team against Gadjah Mada and Akizuki.

I had both spotted - steering clear of both because score was going our way - when i was spotted.

Gadjah was 5.6 km away (my concealment 5.0), Akizuki around 6.5, maybe 6.8, but not under 6.

I was driving away from both (so likely no lag issue), and i didn't fire any guns for minutes.

And another incident, maybe related:

My DD was about to cap, both enemy DDs destroyed long enough ago to be sure there were

no late torps, about 8 km to the nearest island, no CVs, and i got torped by two salvoes coming

from different angles (about 35-40 degrees apart).

Unspotted all the time. I wonder how this is possible as well.

Any ideas folks?

Radar?

Sign in to follow this