Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ZYIDOC

cruiser

9 comments in this topic

[TDCX]
[TDCX]
Players
12 posts
762 battles

hi all i have always  play battleship and now i want to try out cruiser got a tier 6  Japan and a tier 4 Germany so what i want to say is what is best of that 2 ship to play on lvl up before i going higher up hope i can get some help

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
17,307 battles

My advice is to play everything. Don't aim for T10 but rather learn all the ships in all the classes in all the nations. Play all the T1s, then all the T2s and so on. You will learn more and become a better player + the game lasts longer.

Just my two cents. Good luck!

• Cool 4

[OOPZ]
Players
10 posts
2,421 battles

If you are used to battleships the japanese will be the most similar i guess, at least until after nurnberg on the german cruiser line. IJN cruisers are great, i would go for that. Other than that the british are nice, especially the fiji is nice, and i kind of like the russians as well👍

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

Cruisers fill that gap between the ignominy of a BB dying early and a DD dying first. They are frangilble and exciting, they can turn the game with good old relenting dmg and just as easily die in a devastating strike. British light cruisers are a hoot, followed by JP for solid reliability. After that the French are interesting and the Soviet dull but effective, US to my mind situational to the extreme. 

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,121 posts
8,691 battles
43 minutes ago, 250swb said:

Cruisers fill that gap between the ignominy of a BB dying early and a DD dying first. They are frangilble and exciting, they can turn the game with good old relenting dmg and just as easily die in a devastating strike. British light cruisers are a hoot, followed by JP for solid reliability. After that the French are interesting and the Soviet dull but effective, US to my mind situational to the extreme. 

Don't agree with the bolded part. US and IJN are essentially the bog standard heavy cruisers that will teach you how to play kiting cruisers and radar cruisers. If anything the RN are the more situational ones with a higher skillcap. If anything IJN or US should be your starting cruisers if you just want basic cruiser gameplay.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,583 posts
13,872 battles
1 hour ago, Priest_DK_ said:

i have always  play battleship and now i want to try out cruiser

My feeling is that it depends a bit on what you want from the things - if you want something that plays like a faster but squishier BB, perhaps give the US heavies a look (plus cruiser aficionados seem to think highly of the Des Moines - I'm only at T8 with this line, and suck at it).

If you're after a different style of play, something with torps might be good; if you want them to be more 'last resort' things, have a look at the KM, or especially the Russians (the latter have the classic Russian 'railguns' which is helpful). Longer range torps means the IJN - you unlock 10 km ones at T5. Those are the obvious 'first picks' for torp lines.

The RN CLs are excellent, but very fragile; maybe pick for line two or three (the recently launched CAs are too new to recommend - or not). The Italians are weird (SAP ammo), so probably leave them to last.

What others have said about playing lots of different things is very valid though, especially if you've basically only played BBs; it'll give you a better handle on what everything is trying to do, and their vulnerabilities. It's worth giving DDs a lash too, for the same reasons.

Players
10,034 posts
11,833 battles
1 hour ago, Hanse77SWE said:

My advice is to play everything. Don't aim for T10 but rather learn all the ships in all the classes in all the nations. Play all the T1s, then all the T2s and so on. You will learn more and become a better player + the game lasts longer.

This. There is no gold pot at the end of grind rainbow towards T10, but there are increasingly unforgiving maintenance costs.

• Cool 1

Players
596 posts
4,591 battles

Cruisers can be fun, but playing them well definitely forces you to look at the mini-map... Many of them seem to be quite squishy, in my experience. Play them wrong, and you are deleted immediately - either by BB's or (especially in higher tiers) by heavy cruisers.

Currently I am working my way up in the Russian line to T5. Well, the best thing I can say for today is that I generally did not come in last... and had one good game that could have been very good if I had not messed up my 2nd torpedo launch (a 58k game with an Arsonist) and failed to kill the enemy DD (actually the guy / girl who carried the enemy team game).

Players
1,695 posts
58 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Don't agree with the bolded part. US and IJN are essentially the bog standard heavy cruisers that will teach you how to play kiting cruisers and radar cruisers. If anything the RN are the more situational ones with a higher skillcap. If anything IJN or US should be your starting cruisers if you just want basic cruiser gameplay.

Good Advice I think 

:Smile_honoring:

Sign in to follow this