You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
loppantorkel

Best or most annoying triple same ship divs in the game?

62 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

I was thinking about making a whine thread about that 3-Smolensk div I just encountered, but it would just be moved to cruiser section or locked.

So this is the thread - What triple same ship div has best potential or are most annoying to face in your opinion?

While triple Kremlin would be annoying, there should be some negative aspects to such a div, maybe not many, but some. Dds could potentially do some damage. I'd go with triple Smolensk div in the end. Endless smoke and a 19km no-go zone for a majority of the game. Couple that with few to zero torp dds (endless hydro would ofc negate most damage) on the teams, or cvs that will spot a large area and you have next to no counters at all. Radars can't get near if there's a minimum of support to spot. Yolo in with a bb and you're eating torps.

Is there any other 3 of a kind that offers the same potential to ruin games? Is there a ship that elevates the player to the same degree?

Players
60 posts
8,062 battles

I've seen a division of 3 Harugumos with good players at the helm. it was pretty disgusting how quickly they dispatched one flank and then swiped the rest. only one of them died...

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
Alpha Tester
2,102 posts
7,215 battles
11 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Is there any other 3 of a kind that offers the same potential to ruin games?

Triple Blyatfast or, if the division has spotting, triple Kutuzov.

Both are strong against cruisers, destroyers, carriers (endless smoke, decent AA, etc.) and battleships.

• Cool 2

Players
1,247 posts
9,404 battles
9 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

3x Mikasa divi, full 2ndary with 19pts commanders... <3

We have tried this and it feels surprisingly not good. The Mikasa is just so bad.

Triple König Albert BEFORE CV rework was near-unbeatable. We haven't actually tried it post-rework, but I imagine it's just torp fodder now.

Triple-Nelson is surprisingly solid regardless of the obvious limitations. It's a little bit dependent on your team playing smart on the flanks of the "iron fist" you have in the centre. As far as "annoying" it certainly gets its own share of hate.

gcg0hBe.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,912 posts
19,734 battles

3x Enterprise.

Oh wait.

WG pls give. Will totally make the rework even more successful than it already is. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 15

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,585 battles
21 minutes ago, Viravandrel said:

I've seen a division of 3 Harugumos with good players at the helm. it was pretty disgusting how quickly they dispatched one flank and then swiped the rest. only one of them died...

I saw Flambass do exactly this ... all 3 were killed by a Shima in their smoke :-)) was hilarious to watch ...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
5 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

I saw Flambass do exactly this ... all 3 were killed by a Shima in their smoke :-)) was hilarious to watch ...

Yea, most ships have some weakness. Harugumo is a big clumsy dd without a hydro. It got plenty of counters.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
45 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I was thinking about making a whine thread about that 3-Smolensk div I just encountered, but it would just be moved to cruiser section or locked.

So this is the thread - What triple same ship div has best potential or are most annoying to face in your opinion?

While triple Kremlin would be annoying, there should be some negative aspects to such a div, maybe not many, but some. Dds could potentially do some damage. I'd go with triple Smolensk div in the end. Endless smoke and a 19km no-go zone for a majority of the game. Couple that with few to zero torp dds (endless hydro would ofc negate most damage) on the teams, or cvs that will spot a large area and you have next to no counters at all. Radars can't get near if there's a minimum of support to spot. Yolo in with a bb and you're eating torps.

Is there any other 3 of a kind that offers the same potential to ruin games? Is there a ship that elevates the player to the same degree?

3x HARAGUMO. 1 spot other spams. Always in smoke. Always have spot. 

• Cool 2

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, loppantorkel sagte:

Yea, most ships have some weakness.

This weakness is the same with all of them - they can sink. Sometimes after exploding, sometimes after burning, sometimes after getting too many holes, and sometimes after diving too deep. :Smile_trollface:

Players
1,247 posts
9,404 battles
16 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Nogger is a Swedish ice-cream, jfyi...

Let's just say this man was profoundly unhappy and was not talking about ice cream. :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1

Players
1,695 posts
2 minutes ago, veslingr said:

3x HARAGUMO. 1 spot other spams. Always in smoke. Always have spot. 

:Smile_ohmy:

Was I one of them by any chance?

Bildergebnis für ship heaven gif?

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
301 posts
7,832 battles

Triple Lenin is predictably good... especially a triple Lenin centre yolo on Two Brothers at Tier X. :Smile_trollface:

Double Benham is beyond disgusting. If timed right you can carpet-torpedo caps with 32 angry triangles at intersecting angles... nothing can dodge that. As for working over clumps of stationary/camping BBs, you can put waves of torps out 10 second intervals - not a great deal gets out of that kinda spam unharmed

[THESO]
Players
579 posts
11,637 battles

With skilled captains, I think three Klébers is still very, very strong. The so-called "Kléber push" was a real balance problem in the clan battles last autumn.

They're such fast boats that the division teamplay is not easy. However, if they run into a DD, the DD is dead very soon. They can farm any BB to death very quickly, and even cruiser guns will have a hard time killing them. They can control all engagements with their superior speed.

Mogador, Fantasque and Terrible would likely work equally well. Vauquelin and below are quite a bit slower, so at least the special flavour would be lost.

• Cool 3

[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
409 posts
12,294 battles

Go to 09:40... Enough said...

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,910 posts
11,695 battles
1 hour ago, loppantorkel said:

Triple Smol isnt really the most effeciant div, for that you should have radar and great AA as well. So maybe 2 Smol and 1 Mino, Or even Smol+Mino+Venecia for moving smoke options.

These regular 3 Smol divs a.k.a Flambass Divs can usually get countered pretty well by only a Shima or a Yugumo with torp reload. You will maybe not dev strike all 3 but even with their hydro its hard for them all to dodge all torps and when they leave the smoke they are dead.

Problem with these kinds of division are the same as "OP/broken" ships in general. People will cry about their power but never try to counter them. As soon as a Smol or Mino or Kutuzov smokes up all just stop shooting at them and just take the punishement. Instead of loading BB HE shells and blapp it into the smoke where Smol transmits its position every 4 seconds. A BB will continue to just push into a spamming Smol and burn down and die and then cry about how broken it is when he could have just stop shooting gone dark and reposition himself.

Im not saying Smol inst OP, but players also dont do anything to change their situation.

[HAMAR]
Players
376 posts
1 hour ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

A saw Flambass do this with 2 Smolensk and a DD to spot for few days ago. All of them killed by a Shima in 5 minutes. The 2 Smolensk to slow to react in smoke. He gave the Shima player Well Done compliment  :-)

• Cool 1

[RODS]
Players
1,293 posts
7,262 battles

Have seen triple Smolensk div on enemy team, were the first 3 ships to sink in that game, not very impressive but Mino, Kleber hmm..

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
7 minutes ago, OldschoolGaming_YouTube said:

Triple Smol isnt really the most effeciant div, for that you should have radar and great AA as well. So maybe 2 Smol and 1 Mino, Or even Smol+Mino+Venecia for moving smoke options.

These regular 3 Smol divs a.k.a Flambass Divs can usually get countered pretty well by only a Shima or a Yugumo with torp reload. You will maybe not dev strike all 3 but even with their hydro its hard for them all to dodge all torps and when they leave the smoke they are dead.

Problem with these kinds of division are the same as "OP/broken" ships in general. People will cry about their power but never try to counter them. As soon as a Smol or Mino or Kutuzov smokes up all just stop shooting at them and just take the punishement. Instead of loading BB HE shells and blapp it into the smoke where Smol transmits its position every 4 seconds. A BB will continue to just push into a spamming Smol and burn down and die and then cry about how broken it is when he could have just stop shooting gone dark and reposition himself.

Im not saying Smol inst OP, but players also dont do anything to change their situation.

I'm not saying 3 same type ship is efficient. They're usually not. The question at hand is in the OP.

3 smolensk div can be countered when you got a torp ship on your team and the player is somewhat competent. It's in the OP.

The other points are flawed. You can make up situations in which you may be able to counter certain ships or same tripe divs. The issue is when these situations are less common. If there are too many situations in which there are no good counters, you've got a broken or an OP ship. Doesn't matter if you make up a situation where or when you are able to counter it. You don't choose the circumstances. Sometimes there's crying about aspects of the game that belongs to the l2p category and sometimes the game or ship is just broken and needs fixing.

• Cool 1

Players
8,169 posts
9,066 battles

Triple Asashio, because if they are on my team, I know that game will be horrid.

Frankly, triple anything is usually worse than divs with obvious synergy and sure, triple Smol is annoying, but with the current state of the game, it is highly likely that these are the only 3 cruisers on a team, making for a clear lack of radar. If they stick together, they also accomplish a good bit less, because their coverage is limited and islands can reduce the amount of coverage further. Lastly, Smolensk relies to a good bit on burning targets down and can by itself set fires fast. 3 Smolensk don't set it much faster, nor can they set more fires. And if all you are looking for is annoying, even if not effective setups, triple Conqueror, triple Yoshino, triple Thunderer are not excatly more fun to play against, if they coordinate their fire, given they actually pile up the damage too and they will survive in the open. Also, triple Georgia in a T7-9 match can be stupid too.

[COMFY]
Players
792 posts
2,028 battles

I’m going to put a odd one out

3x Yamato, with good players

If red team is full of french or RN BB then it’s 30k HP gone every 30s, not counting cits.

Foucusing fire on a bow camping BB is hilarious, as long as it’s not german or RU.

I got lucky and was put into a team with 2 Yamatos who actually know what they are doing and not derpmatos(well,one of them is a Musashi)in a div, all on the same flank.

one call out targets and red boat gets 27 well placed 46cm shells to the face.:cap_haloween:

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
19 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Triple Asashio, because if they are on my team, I know that game will be horrid.

Frankly, triple anything is usually worse than divs with obvious synergy and sure, triple Smol is annoying, but with the current state of the game, it is highly likely that these are the only 3 cruisers on a team, making for a clear lack of radar. If they stick together, they also accomplish a good bit less, because their coverage is limited and islands can reduce the amount of coverage further. Lastly, Smolensk relies to a good bit on burning targets down and can by itself set fires fast. 3 Smolensk don't set it much faster, nor can they set more fires. And if all you are looking for is annoying, even if not effective setups, triple Conqueror, triple Yoshino, triple Thunderer are not excatly more fun to play against, if they coordinate their fire, given they actually pile up the damage too and they will survive in the open. Also, triple Georgia in a T7-9 match can be stupid too.

Yea, there are plenty. Triple Lyon in a tier 5 game can be fun too...

[THESO]
Players
4,080 posts

Years ago this DIV had an idea to go tripple Gremyaschi.

I was in my Kamikaze thinking "oh crap, this is gonna be a quick defeat for me".

Imagine my surprise when launching torps at this smoke and scoring a "tripple" kill :)

They were "smoke sharing" all sitting broadside to me...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[L123]
Players
84 posts
20,741 battles
4 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

3x Enterprise.

Oh wait.

WG pls give. Will totally make the rework even more successful than it already is. :Smile_trollface:

plz WG allow it against you staff during the official streaming to prove the point of the player about how well is the CV REEEEEEwork