Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zip__

RN Cruisers - Random Bundles

9 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
177 posts
5,413 battles

I got 1000 doubloons from the free SC container we all received and used it to purchase a random bundle. When i bought it i could see the next bundle contained the VII Surrey, so purchased that too.

The thing is when i went to the modules the ship only has the stock modules and not the upgraded ones. I'd already won the Albermarle in a previous bundle, and that had the upgraded modules. 

So why hasn't the Surrey got the upgraded modules?

Surrey Modules.png

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,021 posts
2 hours ago, Zip__ said:

So why hasn't the Surrey got the upgraded modules?

maybe because you bought the ship after it became a normal silver ship

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
177 posts
5,413 battles
3 hours ago, Salentine said:

got free stuff, complains...

I’m asking a question. 

And it wasn’t free. I paid 1000 doubloons. Perhaps you should read things more carefully next time..

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
177 posts
5,413 battles
4 hours ago, Klopirat said:

maybe because you bought the ship after it became a normal silver ship

Yeah, I thought that too. I went and checked the news article on the WoWs website to see if it said something about it, but it doesn’t.

So is it an oversight?

[SHAFT]
Players
9,832 posts
8,982 battles
36 minutes ago, Zip__ said:

So is it an oversight?

Nope, thats how it works.

Same thing happens, when we get Techtree ships (f.e. during XMas events) and you have a stock ship in port and get the same as reward: Your ship doesnt get the modules, but if you wouldnt have owned it, you would have gotten them.

[-TPF-]
Players
3,920 posts
16,150 battles
3 hours ago, Zip__ said:

So is it an oversight?

No. During Early Access the ship unlocks as a Premium, with all upgrades available. When it moves into the Tech Tree is becomes a silver ship - if you had it from Early Access you keep all the upgraded modules, but you might have to retrain the skipper. When it's the Tech Tree line you can get it from the bundles but it will be a Silver ship, so you will need to pay to upgrade.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,575 posts
24,761 battles

Well look at it this way, a permanent camo for a T7 costs what 2k gold? There is your money back

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
177 posts
5,413 battles
4 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Nope, thats how it works.

Same thing happens, when we get Techtree ships (f.e. during XMas events) and you have a stock ship in port and get the same as reward: Your ship doesnt get the modules, but if you wouldnt have owned it, you would have gotten them.

1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

No. During Early Access the ship unlocks as a Premium, with all upgrades available. When it moves into the Tech Tree is becomes a silver ship - if you had it from Early Access you keep all the upgraded modules, but you might have to retrain the skipper. When it's the Tech Tree line you can get it from the bundles but it will be a Silver ship, so you will need to pay to upgrade.

Thanks for your help guys. That's handy to know for future reference. I did check up on their website to see if this was mentioned, but nothing. I'd have thought this would have been written somewhere as people can still spend money on it, and would perhaps, like me, be expecting to still receive all modules researched. Still, you live & learn with WoWs!

1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

Well look at it this way, a permanent camo for a T7 costs what 2k gold? There is your money back

Agreed.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this