28 comments in this topic

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,029 posts
4,551 battles

WG_WOWs_SPB_Branchnotes_mods_091_5icons.jpg

Captains!

In Update 0.9.1, many old upgrades will be updated and some new ones will be added. These changes will make the selection of upgrades more interesting and diverse.

We've also removed all type and tier restrictions for any special upgrades that improve the efficiency of ship consumables, provided that the ship has the respective slot.

Some upgrades will be replaced with new ones. If you have any of these upgrades already mounted on your ships, they will be replaced with their new versions. You will get compensation in the form of credits for any upgrades in your Inventory that are removed from the game, and the amount of credits provided will be equal to the removed upgrade's full cost.

update-091-british-cruisers-part2_1200x1498.jpeg

[-BSH-]
Players
88 posts
6,538 battles

Cannot believe the torpedo lookout system went live with literally no changes....

Are there any plans for compensation/option to return for owners of Asashio or Irian? This module effectively makes deep water torpedoes pretty irrelevant as the benefits of lower detection are no longer available. Therefore aside the slightly higher damage, they are effectively no different to standard torpedoes just with the huge downside of not being able to hit destroyers or destroyers/cruisers.

Why couldn't this have been changed to a percentage increase in detection range, rather than a flat figure? 

Players
10,519 posts
12,056 battles
47 minutes ago, theonlymaverick said:

Cannot believe the torpedo lookout system went live with literally no changes....

Are there any plans for compensation/option to return for owners of Asashio or Irian? This module effectively makes deep water torpedoes pretty irrelevant as the benefits of lower detection are no longer available. Therefore aside the slightly higher damage, they are effectively no different to standard torpedoes just with the huge downside of not being able to hit destroyers or destroyers/cruisers.

Why couldn't this have been changed to a percentage increase in detection range, rather than a flat figure? 

Well, they removed torpedo damage reduction,  so wasn't "literally unchanged" :cap_book:

Upgrade previously was % based, which apparently wasn't effective enough. Also keep in mind upcoming DD line as well recent Frenchsters have 1.8km detection already, so no effect there.

And then old IJN torpboat line is actually buffed by change of this upgrade, as usual 1.7km detection goes up to 1.8km instead 2.0km when upgrade previously gave 20% detection increase.

Chances of reimbursing Asashio/Pan Asian owners are about the same as Błyskawica buyers when stealth firing was removed. Something something middle something finger something.

• Cool 1

[-BSH-]
Players
88 posts
6,538 battles
40 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Well, they removed torpedo damage reduction,  so wasn't "literally unchanged" :cap_book:

I stand corrected.

Upgrade previously was % based, which apparently wasn't effective enough. Also keep in mind upcoming DD line as well recent Frenchsters have 1.8km detection already, so no effect there.

Their torpedo speed is significantly higher, hence less reaction time/higher detection; it won't make a difference to torpedoes with high velocity, just ones with low velocity and/or low detectability. 

And then old IJN torpboat line is actually buffed by change of this upgrade, as usual 1.7km detection goes up to 1.8km instead 2.0km when upgrade previously gave 20% detection increase.

This is definitely a positive consequence of the change, however the free to play IJN torpedo boat line isn't the same as tier 8 premiums which people paid a lot of money for. 

Chances of reimbursing Asashio/Pan Asian owners are about the same as Błyskawica buyers when stealth firing was removed. Something something middle something finger something.

I do understand your sentiment, but I am not sure where you are trying to going with this? Are you comparing Asashio, an IJN premium torpedo boat that is completely balanced around it's torpedoes to Blys, an older premium ship that was a gunboat before the stealth fire changes, still was a gunboat post changes, and after the recent quality of life changes is still a gunboat. I mean look at Khaba, Mogador, Kleber for examples of ships that can still remain effective, despite firing in open water. 

Asashio still has its guns, but if battleships start running this en masse, its main source of damage effectively has effectively been gutted compared to its tier 8 silver sister, the Kagero. Why would you buy Asashio when Kagero exists for free? Not being able to target cruisers or destroyers is a substantial drawback for very little in return.

Players
10,519 posts
12,056 battles

14 minutes ago, theonlymaverick said:

I do understand your sentiment, but I am not sure where you are trying to going with this? Are you comparing Asashio, an IJN premium torpedo boat that is completely balanced around it's torpedoes to Blys, an older premium ship that was a gunboat before the stealth fire changes, still was a gunboat post changes, and after the recent quality of life changes is still a gunboat. I mean look at Khaba, Mogador, Kleber for examples of ships that can still remain effective, despite firing in open water. 

Błyskawica was balanced and advertised around stealth firing. Said stealth firing removal was global, not introduction of a upgrade that is VERY situational at best. And compared to previous iteration, TASM1, its often a downgrade EXCEPT dealing with deepwater torps. On top of that upgrade loses proximity spotting buff which often was THE reason you'd sacrifice concealment for very specialized purpose like smoke rushing or around the island encounters.

17 minutes ago, theonlymaverick said:

Asashio still has its guns, but if battleships start running this en masse, its main source of damage effectively has effectively been gutted compared to its tier 8 silver sister, the Kagero. Why would you buy Asashio when Kagero exists for free? Not being able to target cruisers or destroyers is a substantial drawback for very little in return.

If you don't like idea of possible changes down the line, which may or may not be beneficial for your point of view, don't spend on the game. Simple.

2 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Why did you remove the additional Flak bursts from AA mod 1 ?

Just interested in the balancing decision behind this. @MrConway maybe?

Guessing spreadshiet indicated flak being bit too effective AND with 0.8.7 WG removed flak from ships without DP guns. So I guess WG decided to fix two things in one go, lowering flak and restoring "AA  mod 1" to ships

[-BSH-]
Players
88 posts
6,538 battles
2 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Błyskawica was balanced and advertised around stealth firing. Said stealth firing removal was global, not introduction of a upgrade that is VERY situational at best. And compared to previous iteration, TASM1, its often a downgrade EXCEPT dealing with deepwater torps. On top of that upgrade loses proximity spotting buff which often was THE reason you'd sacrifice concealment for very specialized purpose like smoke rushing or around the island encounters.

So you are happy to gloss over the fact I pointed out about gunboats.... yeah okay, sounds like we are going to simply disagree. I would also go and have a look at torpedo detectability for each ship before making random comments about it being a blanket downgrade. Like you say it is a buff for IJN torps, but this change impacts any other torpedo that has a detection lower than 1.5km base, and has a huge impact on low speed torpedoes.

Not worth debating these changes with an [edited], enjoy your day.

Players
10,519 posts
12,056 battles
1 minute ago, theonlymaverick said:

So you are happy to gloss over the fact I pointed out about gunboats.... yeah okay, sounds like we are going to simply disagree. I would also go and have a look at torpedo detectability for each ship before making random comments about it being a blanket downgrade. Like you say it is a buff for IJN torps, but this change impacts any other torpedo that has a detection lower than 1.5km base, and has a huge impact on low speed torpedoes.

Khabarovsk was able to use stealth firing very early on, when she also had over 15km range and had rudder you could actually use without feeling the beard growing. Since range nerf to 13km and BB grade rudder, on top of railguns, railguns everywhere, Khaba and her 45ish kts of speed is nowhere close to old performance. Kleber received one nerf and as she is old Khaba incarnate, she WILL receive another. Probably castrating range and maneuverability to bring her in line with Khaba.

And in case you haven't noticed, "anti torpedo" upgrade actually helping with torpedoes? Preposterous. To get that "magic torpedo immunity" as you like to portray new upgrade you have to sacrifice "go-to" concealment upgrade to get it and even then, its effectiveness shines against DW torps, with other torps being so-so, while against some it remain completely ineffective. 

9 minutes ago, theonlymaverick said:

Not worth debating these changes with an [edited], enjoy your day.

Wargaming doesn't care about your feedback either.

Players
229 posts
7,274 battles

The upgrades themselves I have no comment on, the actual process of adding them to my existing ships appears not to have gone so well. On several ships all upgrades had been removed on others one upgrade had been removed or had been changed seemingly arbitrarily. Having now gone through all 290 ships I find it's cost me close to 19,000,000 credits to either replace or correct what the update has done. Not too happy at the mo, ticketed for compensation.

• Cool 3

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

Seems like  bit of a hassle to go through all the upgrades. Only a week of free removal? Why not just hand out the compensation in credits corresponding to the amount of ships in port, and you let the players decide when and what upgrades to change around. It's still time consuming, no reason to make it restricted to a week or charge the players for it.

• Cool 3

Players
7 posts
11,315 battles

As of today, I have purchased Zao and had couple of games that some were wins. However, the legendary upgrade mission has not started yet. Is there something wrong with the update or upgrades? I have even got into contact with customer support, yet they have not replied.

[BAD-A]
Players
645 posts
9,404 battles
1 hour ago, totalwarmetu said:

As of today, I have purchased Zao and had couple of games that some were wins. However, the legendary upgrade mission has not started yet. Is there something wrong with the update or upgrades? I have even got into contact with customer support, yet they have not replied.

Deadline was before the patch so you've just missed it.

[BAD-A]
Players
645 posts
9,404 battles
9 minutes ago, totalwarmetu said:

But I have just begin to play with it. Also, my Grozovoi and Kurfurst missions are still ongoing.

Doesn't matter, you can't get the new legendary missions now.  You have until the end of the year to grind the ones that you already have though, so there is that at least.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,029 posts
4,551 battles
Před 20 hodinami Maihon řekl/a:

The upgrades themselves I have no comment on, the actual process of adding them to my existing ships appears not to have gone so well. On several ships all upgrades had been removed on others one upgrade had been removed or had been changed seemingly arbitrarily. Having now gone through all 290 ships I find it's cost me close to 19,000,000 credits to either replace or correct what the update has done. Not too happy at the mo, ticketed for compensation.

You already got the credits for those demounted upgrades, as it was written in the patch article:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-091-british-cruisers-part2/

"Some upgrades will be replaced with new ones. If you have any of these upgrades already mounted on your ships, they will be replaced with their new versions. You will get compensation in the form of credits for any upgrades in your Inventory that are removed from the game, and the amount of credits provided will be equal to the removed upgrade's full cost."

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,425 posts
27,209 battles

on a note: i absolutely DISlike the need now to revise a lot of ship builds. it is NOT appreciated at the slightest! with around 150 ships i do can play (full modules, 19pt captn) that's A LOT of adjustments no one refunds me the time it takes for. and even if i'd be through in 5 mins it still would be a forced on process, something i do not like at all in general.

2cts

• Cool 1

Players
132 posts
16,097 battles

I have about 300 ships in port, it is not viable to manually remove modules from all ships within a week.

Can you maybe add a button to "remove all modules" to each ship, or even an option to "remove all modules from all ships"?

I am sure I'm not the only one who cringes at the prospect of doing nothing else but remove modules from all ships for a week.

• Cool 2

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,378 posts
4,119 battles
On 2/13/2020 at 12:08 PM, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Why did you remove the additional Flak bursts from AA mod 1 ?

Just interested in the balancing decision behind this. @MrConway maybe?

Giving a cooldown bonus to the module lets you have a lot more impact when paying attention to the planes and correctly timing your sector reinforcement, whereas the additional flak explosion can be dodged and is a lot more RNG dependent.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,732 posts
16,719 battles
On 2/17/2020 at 4:47 PM, MrConway said:

Giving a cooldown bonus to the module lets you have a lot more impact when paying attention to the planes and correctly timing your sector reinforcement, whereas the additional flak explosion can be dodged and is a lot more RNG dependent.

Thank you for the answer. 

The fact that the +2 flak explosions were moved to the AA mod 2 (last slot) instead though, indicates that it is actually considered more effective. Meaning that this is actually an AA-nerf in order to make dodging flak easier for the less skilled CV players.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,043 posts

To everyone.

What module have u put in the 3rd slot for the US BBs?

Did u go for main battery mod 2 or plotting room mod 1?

I tried both and atm leaning towards battery mod 2

[EUTF]
Players
293 posts
7,080 battles

First a side effect, when you change this upgrades you forgot to also change the rewarded upgrades from some missions from the Campaigns ex Yamamoto. I got some Tier6 upgrades reward but since you change it i cant mount it cause its the old model and i can only sell it for half price, i really dont care much but you should fix/change the rewards accordingly - hopefully before soviet cv line :etc_red_button:.

Second some feedback from my tests to the new upgrades.
T2:
Combining the engine/rudder to one is really nice change
T3:
Main Battery Modification 2 : Really nice change removing the debuff for the reload and opening some variations cause you made the AA upgrade crap
Torpedo Tubes Modification 1 : Nice option for some DD boats to pick between gun or torpedo gameplay
AA Guns Modification 1 : One of the worst changes - you made a something meh/okay option to simply crap. DD/Cruisers gain 2sec from it and BB 3sec and all lost 2 clouds. I had the "privilege" to test in Zao on weekend (against Midway planes in random) and made no difference in the end - bad cv player (44%) eat all the flacks and was loosing his planes and good player (57%) was avoiding the flacks and casually bomb my origami AA ship. You should bring back the +2 AA cloud flacks back to make it somewhat decent option and keep the +20% preparation time of the priority AA sector also on it. OR add back the old debuff that made planes less accurate when we had DFAA on cause on the current state DFAA is almost useless.

T5:
Torpedo Lookout System : I think 1.8km is too much and nerfs some ships with low torp speed or deep water torpedoes - You should change it to 1.3/1.4/1.5 and maybe add back the 5% reduction to torpedo damage to compensate the change.
Ship Consumables Modification 1 : I havent test that one but 10% is a bit too low even if you put it on Conqueror/BB's for extra heal maybe add a -10% to consumable cooldown so heals/repairs/radar/hydro etc come faster from cd and help you.

T6:
Auxiliary Armaments Modification 2 : Combining the modules to one is nice but adding the +2 cloud flaks on it with the requirement to have an active defensive fire consumable is joke cause most people take it on BB's and they dont have that consumable except some few BB ships. So or remove the DFAA requirement or replace it with some extra +5/10% hit probability to the AA since BB's have low % on that stat.

• Cool 1

[EUTF]
Players
293 posts
7,080 battles
1 hour ago, SirAmra said:

To everyone.

What module have u put in the 3rd slot for the US BBs?

Did u go for main battery mod 2 or plotting room mod 1?

I tried both and atm leaning towards battery mod 2

It depends
The low tier BB's have low range so you kinda need the range but higher tiers with good range you can safely go to turret rotation

Sign in to follow this