Sign in to follow this  
YabbaCoe

0.9.1 - Ranked season

46 comments in this topic

Players
190 posts

AS an example for "ripped knickers" in ranked..... get a load of this.......

CV per side - (we got the muppet!) 2 x BB, 3 CA's (No Smolensk on our side - they got 2!) 1 DD per side

Long story short..... 1st Blood / High Caliber / Confederate / Witherer / Arsonist - 3.4k Base / XP 186k / Damage /3.4m TANKED! for the loss of a star as the "highly skilled CV player top scored (as being the last survivor I guess....) they did absolutely nothing constructive, No Clan affiliation (majority of the team in fact  only 2 of us are clan membership)......

Parity of teams (- Non existed)

CV (enemy) IMMUNE to a fully AA spec Des Moines, Hindenburg, Minotaur operating as a 3 ship in the West side of a map.......

I actually dont know why I'm posting this, it sticks out like Blind Freddy's dog's fundamental parts - just when I thought WG could not screw anything up further in this game. now we get Ranked season 15.........

Just frikkin wow.... Just WOW.... what a load of complete Horse droppings......

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,783 battles

3.4k base in a loss and you still lost a star? That's pretty a pretty unique situation.

And in most games i don't see a CV top of the board, since most of my games didn't have a CV at all.

Players
5 posts
10,045 battles

not playing ranked anymore. i dont care about cvs anymore... cancer is cancer... but there is not a single MU with at least 2 smolensk... if not even more.

Players
23 posts
10,722 battles

If I pay one more cent to WG for this "experience", I will let the whole community skullfuck me through the eyeballs. To hell with your damn "game". Games are supposed to be fun. And this is crap which gets more and more cancerous each year.

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,804 posts
4,415 battles

Dear Wargaming,

Would it be too much to ask if you could implement somewhere in the detailed results screen the number and type of buffs one had when died or game ended in Arms race ? It is not really critical but would be nice to have ...

I mean we had the aircraft damage breakdown even for non-CV ships that was completely useless ... so how about something useful for a change ?

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
1,650 posts
18,967 battles

I will stop playing DDs now.

It appears the XP you get for grabbing bonusses for your team, is far too low. It even backfires. I see BB sitting in the back farming damage thanks to the reload buffs I provide while remaining stealthy for most of the time. So whenever my team loses, some BB is top of the team, cause they farm more damage while reversing towards the border, allowing the enemy team to bully the DDs out of the center and cap it.

If I win 60% of my battles in a DD, while never keeping my star I progress as fast as a BB-player winning only 50% of his battles but keeping his star in only 20% of his losses. The only good thing about the Arms Race mode is that center cap taht denies BBs to farm a lost battle for even longer.

Why should I continue to play to win in DDs, when I can play for my own selfish cause in BBs and be better off overall?

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,783 battles

AA guns in ranked should be invulnerable or at least heal up with the ship after the boosts.

In my Moskva i was al 40% in 3 mins because teams exist 70% out of HE spammers, it's abnormal.

Edit/addition:

I also think it's strange that the heals you receive from buffs, take away healing of the Repair Party.

• Cool 1

[THROW]
[THROW]
Sailing Hamster, Players, Privateer
3,844 posts
21,176 battles

T10 CVs in a 7v7 format already is an inexplicably bad idea, as they're "balanced" for 12v12.

Allowing them into arms race is makes this already really bad situation disproportionately worse. Who would've thought that a game mode that is dominated by picking up buffs would be somehow suitable for CVs.

Bloody hell Wargaming, if anything will make me quit this game, it's your stubborn refusal to do anything meaningful about CVs and their broken "interaction" with everybody else in this game.

[THROW]
[THROW]
3,844 posts
21,176 battles
On 2/26/2020 at 6:29 PM, JohnMac79 said:

They are banned from KOTS but they still allow them in ranked... Makes no sense.

Neither are they in Clan Battles.

And yes, it does make sense.

Evidently WG doesn't consider Ranked Battles to be competitive.

[THESO]
Players
1,650 posts
18,967 battles
42 minutes ago, Takru said:

T10 CVs in a 7v7 format already is an inexplicably bad idea, as they're "balanced" for 12v12.

They must be "balanced" for at least 15v15. The Hosho-Horror should have been enough of a field study on why more than one CV per 11 ships is over the top.

42 minutes ago, Takru said:

Allowing them into arms race is makes this already really bad situation disproportionately worse. Who would've thought that a game mode that is dominated by picking up buffs would be somehow suitable for CVs.

Bloody hell Wargaming, if anything will make me quit this game, it's your stubborn refusal to do anything meaningful about CVs and their broken "interaction" with everybody else in this game.

Apearantly it didn't dawn upon WG, that having DDs cap a very tiny buff circle is a bit of a positional give-away. I remember the Arms Race mode in Season 13 without CVs was more tactical. You had a real incentive going for the center buffs. Now this is like a carrot baiting you to overextend. The buffs are pretty secondary compared to the advantage of an early kill. In Season 13, buffs were the key to dominance.

One may argue about the usefulness of certain buffs. The heal is rather pointless for BBs, while maneuverability and faster consumable cooldown are not that important to DDs. That introduces an element of selfishness. As a DD I rather go a longer distance for a heal that helps me survive than for a buff on maneuverability, that will help my BBs dodge torps and brawl.

[TL-BG]
Players
33 posts
12,770 battles

WG please move the next Ranked season to a better tier - like 8-7.  T10 is the most toxic tier in the game, the place where the most broken ships go to play with each other. Its just Smolensk , Thunderer , Conquerer ,Kremlin, Worchester , Stalingrad and Kleber - HE spam galore , add CVs and you get a Ranked season from which you can get 10 years older due to the nervs you spend playing it. This game was suppoused to be played for fun , but there is no fun left in T10 anymore. T8 is mostly balanced - yes you have broken ships like Lenin , Vladi and Big E but at least they are minority. 

• Cool 1

[THROW]
[THROW]
3,844 posts
21,176 battles
On 3/4/2020 at 3:38 PM, mowtow said:

WG please move the next Ranked season to a better tier - like 8-7.  T10 is the most toxic tier in the game, the place where the most broken ships go to play with each other. Its just Smolensk , Thunderer , Conquerer ,Kremlin, Worchester , Stalingrad and Kleber - HE spam galore , add CVs and you get a Ranked season from which you can get 10 years older due to the nervs you spend playing it. This game was suppoused to be played for fun , but there is no fun left in T10 anymore. T8 is mostly balanced - yes you have broken ships like Lenin , Vladi and Big E but at least they are minority. 

T10 is the least badly balanced tier btw, all the others have bigger issues.

Beta Tester
138 posts
13,033 battles

Well, lol... ranked wil never be a fun nor something thats done because its exiting, WG just cant make something really good, says it all when u grab ur coffe and are determined to really do your best and end up with teams where the players hardly know how to [edited]aim, and less knowlegde about that pesky mini map, lol had 6 players with average account winrate of <38%.... lol other team had 48%... then it doesnt help if u nugde the 200K damage mark and has a couple of kills ...

They need a moron filter for ranked and for the love of all good games out there drop that rental crap.

[ALYEN]
Players
2,804 posts
4,415 battles
13 hours ago, Takru said:

T10 is the least badly balanced tier btw, all the others have bigger issues.

I'd say T9 would be best ....

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
53 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

I'd say T9 would be best ....

And why is that?

Could you elaborate, please?

[ALYEN]
Players
2,804 posts
4,415 battles
9 hours ago, Palubarac said:

And why is that?

Could you elaborate, please?

no CVs but a lot of fun ships ... well maybe except Benham ...

Players
1,922 posts
24,386 battles

@YabbaCoe I have one question.

What do you think about adding  "Arms Race" as a new, separate mode of battle? So far we have: randoms, ranked, clan battles and operations (very  limited, 'cause some operations are suspended). While new and new ships enter the game, the modes of game are still the same :-(  

Some time ago (years?)  there was Arms Race at tier 9 (I played it with my Ibuki). Now, 'cause T10 is "designed" for clan battles mostly, Arms Race could "live and work" at T6-T8 (for example). Every week or two, it could be switched from one tier to another. And the players would have more choice: someone prefers ranked battles, other person - Arms Race (or clan battles) and so on...  More variety, more possibility on different levels / tiers in the game. What do you think @YabbaCoe  about this idea?

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
3 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

no CVs but a lot of fun ships ... well maybe except Benham ...

While having no CVs is great... I think T9 could be even worse in terms of balance.

DDs? Benham would be considered OP and maybe some others like Neustrashimy could be labeled similarly.

Cruisers? Alaska would probably be OP as well.

BBs? I think JB and Georgia would dominate.

It's not easy but I'd live with that as long as I don't see CVs in battles.

Players
1 post
10,350 battles

You are making Rank seasons worst and more worst WG!

I used to be fun and enjoy while playing Rank but not anymore!

First, the MM is so terrible. How come I meet some bad players 3-5 times in a row? I don't see the rotation players.

Second, How come you have to lose your star due to your bad teammate (1-2 players) although you carry hard with others in the team?

You could make it least TOXIC on the next Rank season by:

- For the Winning team: every player receiving a star except the LAST POSITION NOT receiving nor losing a star.

- For the Losing team: top 3 players NOT losing a star, others will lose a star. That is fair enough for some extremely bad players in the team with others who try to carry the team.

Hope you can read my opinions carefully WG!

Thank you! @MrConway @Crysantos

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,783 battles

Your star safe mechanic is useless! Players that do nothing, just HE spamming at te back will safe their star most of the time. Just because they shoot down loads of planes at the end of the game.

It's horseshit that useless players get to keep their star playing like that. And they actually think they dod a good game, because they kept their star...

[OLEUM]
Players
60 posts
21,452 battles

WG congrats on keeping tier X ranked absurd Smolensk ..itshow! This is a parody on balance really. There is such a tremendous fun difference between games with and without Smolensk! You made the game highly political tool and not even hiding it anymore.

And please, those praising for removal of save star mechanics, please do think it a bit more. That would be a complete end of ranks. Even if there are SOME who go for save star, they definitely prefer to GAIN a star and have to show some efforts. Not having a save star would make progress harder and remove any kind of motivation in many games where usually DD throws it early making such game no point to play at all after few minutes. There will always be ships bettter for save star while not matching with ships who carry the victory. This is a problem of different ship classes having different chance to affect match result. Ships like Yoshino don't have any other option than to farm from distance as WG made this ship totally irrelevant and willo hardly save star anyway. There is just one ship which can do everything, is threat to any ship, guess which one is that.... Just press LMB as soon as you see enemy and keep it pressed while watching your damage grow beyond limits steadily ...

Plus arms race....yeah sure, players focus on stupid arcade bonuses instead of  WAR GAMING

Sign in to follow this