WG Staff
7,123 posts
4,562 battles

WG_WOWs_SPB_Branchnotes_Ranked_15_091.jpg

Captains!

Dates: from February 26 till March 24

Format: Tier X ships in a 7 vs. 7 format

Battle mode: Arms Race

Arms Race is a game mode in which special buff areas appear on the map. If you manage to enter an area and capture it before the enemy does, your entire team will receive a bonus to their combat characteristics that will last until the end of the battle. When you capture another area with the same buff, its efficiency increases further.

At a certain point in time after the start of a battle, a Key Area will appear in the center of the map. Its diameter will shrink over time, and the team that captures it will be able to quickly gain a point advantage and ultimately win.

We've reworked the bonuses given by buffs. They now also apply to carrier squadrons and provide:

• Increased ship speed and a faster rudder-shift time; reduced aircraft engine boost cooldown time.
  • Continuous restoration of HP as a percentage of the maximum HP pool for ships and aircraft.
  • Faster reload time of the main battery and torpedo armament; faster aircraft restoration time on a carrier's deck.
  • Faster reload time of ship and squadron consumables.
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[LUSOS]
Players
381 posts
22,729 battles

Why CVs on ranked? Can't we enjoy the game anymore? If we have to be punished with CVs in randoms all the time, why not give players the chance to have fun at least in rankeds?
What's the point of having all tier 10s if we cant choose diversity? I'm tired of having to pick AA ships over any other thing. I guess i'll continue to spend money on other games instead.
Feel free to check when was the last time I bought anything from WG store. I'm not into the bluff mode...

• Cool 6

Players
431 posts
24,771 battles

CV's and Arms Race for Ranked.......

Watch all the good CV players rank out in no time.

As Clint Eastwood said in Heartbreak Ridge "It's a cluster ####"

• Cool 5

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,912 battles
4 hours ago, DEALCOI said:

PLEASE REMOVE CV TO RANKED VERY OVERPOWERED

They are banned from KOTS but they still allow them in ranked... Makes no sense.

3 minutes ago, RedAnark said:

2020-02-26_18h22_44.thumb.jpg.28f048c8bfb51a90566ca7c4e56d03bb.jpg

Same.

• Cool 2

[TL-BG]
Players
33 posts
12,770 battles

Welcome to the Ranked season for carriers. If you can avoid flak , on the 2ned HP buff - you get imortal planes (immune to continues DPS) :D 

Players
23 posts
10,722 battles

Same crap ,different taste. But if previously it was more about players' stupidity, now it's also about CVs being extremely OP after a couple of buffs. Oh, and REMOVE THE DAMN STAR RETAINING. It kills all gameplay as soon as your team starts to lose. Everyone suddenly starts to just do some damage to keep the star and doesn't care about anything after that. In the previous season I reached rank 5, this time I won't even try.

Players
3,210 posts
18,794 battles

2019 T9 arms race: very fun due to no CVs, all 3 other classes represented.

2020 T10 arms race i the worst game-mode EVER implemented by WG due to presence of CVs, making DDs unplayable and thus extinct (at least in the games i played) while heals and plane recovery turns CV planes into truly infinite immortal Masterrace farming the other 6  "victims" -  and for  the other surface combatants it becomes at 19+ km HE slingfest. 

Remove CVs and preferably a certain russian CL and it might actuallty be fun.

Please never again or no buffs for CVs. 

• Cool 2

[LUSOS]
Players
381 posts
22,729 battles
3 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Please never again or no buffs for CVs. 

This ^^

Its as if CVs needed even more advantages...

• Cool 2

Players
23 posts
10,722 battles

In this thread https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/announcement/97-psa-ranked-battles-hp-restoration-for-aircrafts-issue/  is mentioned that the update was applied and the CV issue was corrected. I don't know what they have applied but planes are still invincible. Specifically, I had a squad attacking a DD under the AA of me in a full AA Hindy with DefAA, a Moskva and a Kremlin all together and still had no issue to attack, while losing planes only after the attack. And then again. And again. So WTF? Also, just a little advice: It doesn't matter what you'll write down here. They never took any advice about ranked and they won't do that now. They only change the tier and the mode, but never touch the core issues that make ranked so toxic, and these are: The mix-up of good and bad players by the MM, the retainment of the star and the usual selection of tier X for ranked. Make a tier 7 ranked, with no star retainment and add a variable to the MM about a player's winrate so the teams are more balanced and you'll have a great game mode. The current one is S_H_i-TT

Players
10 posts
8,213 battles

Just played ranked battle with Des Moines with extra AA and fighters. Didn't shoot down a single aircraft!

Virtually impossible to battle against a competent CV Captain as the fighters are indestructible.

Not a fair match compared to Random and Co-Op

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
5,249 battles

Let's just say that this Ranked season is not WG's finest moment... and given what cr@p got produced the last 1.5 years, that's saying something!

• Cool 4

Players
23 posts
10,722 battles
2 hours ago, MrFingers said:

Let's just say that this Ranked season is not WG's finest moment... and given what cr@p got produced the last 1.5 years, that's saying something!

Not the finest moment... LoL. As if there was any fine ranked moment (and I'm playing ranked since the first season) except the one on one a couple of months ago. And by the way, if your team loses and there is a cv in the game, guess who will retain the star, no matter what.

[GURKA]
Players
162 posts
16,720 battles

A constructive comment ;;;;;

More intermediate levels as playing 40 games and rebounding from R10 to R12 with moron teams SUXS !!!! Not fun at all coming second best in loosing games even though you have High Caliber etc and still loosing a star !!!!

[SWN]
Players
197 posts
8,710 battles

CV - Kremlin - Smolensk..oh joy, WG spreadsheet probably says we are haveing fun... 

• Funny 2

Players
145 posts
11,406 battles

I like Arms Race as a ranked mode, it makes the game feel a bit different and not just like randoms with fewer players. But for the love of god, don't put CVs in them. CVs encourage lemmingtraining and camping in a mode that it's supposed to be about pushing, roaming for buffs, etc. I've had games where the team that's winning has a total two buffs after 10 minutes. Also it makes DDs nearly unplayable, when DDs are quite fun in Arms Race otherwise.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this