28 comments in this topic

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff
7,029 posts
4,551 battles

WG_WOWs_SPB_Branchnotes_091_main_+flag.jpg

Captains!

A new line of British heavy cruisers has become available for all players to research.

Unique Features of the Ship Branch

• Their powerful artillery can cause significant damage per salvo, but the guns have a relatively short firing range and arcing shell trajectory.
  • In contrast to light British cruisers, these ships have high-explosive shells in their arsenal that can cause heavy damage and have good chances of setting targets on fire.
  • Their ability to fire torpedoes one-by-one opens additional tactical options.
  • Strong armor protection for the central parts of the decks of ships of Tier VI and above, increases their survivability compared to other cruisers, with X Goliath's deck armor reaching a thickness of 40 mm.
  • Efficient Repair Party consumable.

Decent survivability, thanks to their durable armor and effective Repair Party. Their powerful guns with relatively short firing ranges predispose British heavy cruisers to medium-range artillery encounters.

Directives

The new game event tasks you with completing 36 missions, spread across four Directives. The first Directive will become available with the release of Update 0.9.1, right after the necessary technical work has finished. Those that follow will be unlocked each week. The ultimate reward for completing all Directives is cruiser VI London.

Completing missions will reward you with signals, expendable camouflage patterns, credits, Coal, and Free XP. Completing Directives will reward you with Royal Tokens.

WG_SPB_WoWs_Screenshots_Publictest_091_Directives_EN_1920x1080.jpg

Royal Tokens

You can exchange Royal Tokens for doubloons, signals, Union Jack camouflage patterns, credits, days of Premium Account, and the main reward—the new unique British Commander, Andrew Cunningham!

You can get Royal Tokens for completing the event's Directives, Daily Missions, and Daily Challenges for warships VI London, VIII Cheshire, and VIII Albemarle. You can also obtain Royal Tokens from random bundles that are available in exchange for doubloons in the Armory.

With the release of Update 0.9.2, Royal Tokens will only be obtainable from random bundles in exchange for doubloons. When Update 0.9.3 hits the servers, Royal Tokens will be converted into credits at the rate of 1:9,000.

A new unique Commander

Andrew Cunningham has the following talents:

• Lightning Fast: the speed of your ship and squadrons increases by 5% after scoring two "Caused flooding" ribbons.
  • Consumables Expert: the number of consumable charges for your ship increases by one after destroying two enemy ships.
  • "Sink, Burn, Destroy!": the reload time of your ship’s main battery guns and torpedo launchers, as well as aircraft restoration time, reduces by 10% after earning the “Witherer” achievement.

Each of these talents can be activated only once per battle. His talents are unavailable in Clan Battles or Training Rooms.

This British Commander also has two enhanced skills:

• Jack of All Trades: −10% to the reload time of all mounted consumables, instead of the standard −5%.
  • Aircraft Armor: −11.5% to the continuous damage of AA guns, instead of the standard −10%.

WG_SPB_WoWs_Infographic_Andrew_Cunningham_Perks_0.9.1_en.jpg

More information you can find here

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,399 posts
1 minute ago, TitanLegion said:

Hi, was wondering where, how & when its possible to acquire the tier viii premium UK cruiser Cheshire?

You'll also be able to complete the Challenges on VIII Cheshire after she becomes available at the end of February.

and as a tier 8 premium I'd expect it in the premium shop...

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Players
108 posts
15,250 battles

why guepard French Navy camo is removed and type16 given instead?

Players
229 posts
7,274 battles

London, concocted from rusty old biscuit tins, only just manages to outrange DD's with its pitiful main battery range and when using the heal, don't blink, you might miss it.

• Cool 1

[1_MAN]
Beta Tester
74 posts

I am here to thank WG for letting me play other games. Since Christmass i played so many new things.

Like seriously, do WG thinks that people wont do the math in case of obtaining London or the pointless commander ? It took me 5 min to completely dismiss the entire update and go play something else. The grinding in special events is beyond ridiculous [when you compare effort/time/final prize with past events/years].

Players
11 posts
10,539 battles

I'm trying to work my way through the first round of British Cruisers Part 2 directives but so far out of 15 matches,every map has been in standard Mode and therefore only has cap per team.

How are you meant to complete the Base Invader section (get 7 Capture or assist in capture ribbons) when there is only one  point to cap?

It seems slanted to the the fact that i still only seem get a matches where there are only 2 cap points. You try defending  a cap point when the CPU team doesn't attempt capture. I try to cap their point and the round ends due to our team winning on points

As for the ridiculous 25 set on fire ribbons whilst playing as a carrier? I've a fully spec'd Ryujo and it only gives a 10% chance of starting fires. That works out at about 1 per match if you are lucky.There is no way in hell that i'm going to spend the time playing 25 rounds of CV's to get such a pile of sh*te as London

• Cool 1

[ITAAT]
Players
703 posts

Sorry guys, but you build up the peculiarity of each CV, so how come, you came up with a CV Mission on Dir 2 that favorites only some CV nation and heavy penalize others?

How can you think a Brit CV can accomplish Citadels or Flooding if doesn't work like that in the game mechanics???

Better you think of a refund to Brits CV only owners in the next few days! No??

2020-02-19_19h32_30.png.08a92b3242b592325dac474e62997368.png

2020-02-19_19h33_06.png.f7d7108e3d048e0f1278901bbb4f3157.png

Players
529 posts
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 9:45 PM, thunderbird30 said:

As for the ridiculous 25 set on fire ribbons whilst playing as a carrier? I've a fully spec'd Ryujo and it only gives a 10% chance of starting fires. That works out at about 1 per match if you are lucky. There is no way in hell that I'm going to spend the time playing 25 rounds of CV's to get such a pile of sh*te as London

2 hours ago, RedAnark said:

Sorry guys, but you build up the peculiarity of each CV, so how come, you came up with a CV Mission on Dir 2 that favorites only some CV nation and heavy penalize others?

How can you think a Brit CV can accomplish Citadels or Flooding if doesn't work like that in the game mechanics???

Better you think of a refund to Brits CV only owners in the next few days! No??

I think the answer to you gentlemen is each other's posts. A RN CV would find it a lot easier to set the required fires for Directive One than an IJN CV, since the former has HE bombs. But conversely an IJN CV would find it a lot easier to score the citadels for Directive Two than the RN CV would, since it's dropping large AP bombs rather than small HE. So they are balanced when considered a pair.

Then, taking a look in game, Directive Three has torpedo hits, which is okay for all the CVs and if it does favour the Midway (as each of the three planes in her attack flight drop two torpedoes) then that seems reasonably fair when considering that and the previous two as a trio. And finally Directive Four with the incapacitation ribbons seems like it would be about as okay for all three nations, so as a quartet things still remain reasonably balanced.

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
5,249 battles

Reasonable mission chain: nice

Acceptable final small reward: nice

Decent final real reward (ABC): acceptable

Having ABC for tokens, and have your progress reset to 0 after 0.9.3 goes live if you don't have 1000 tokens: not good (at least the progress with Sansonetti is kept, so you only have to buy the remaining "points" in the armoury when they come available)

Giving a huge advantage to players who got lucky in the atrocious Stage1 of this event and got Albemarle: überbad

Timegating: gigabad

Forcing daily attendance for tokens: incredibly überbad

• Cool 2

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,783 battles

I think 800 tokens would be a better/fair price for the captain. It's harder to get this one then the ones before.

Missions are harder then regular update chains, but since you need 4 it's doable. I think it's bad you can't progress/complete most missions in Clan Battles. Week 2 it's only the captain skill one i guess. For people who play Clan Battles, and have lives, it's pretty hard. Since 4 evenings are filled with CB. Good think the missions can be completed in Ranked, but that didn't start yet.

• Cool 1

[D-I-A]
Players
158 posts
4,507 battles

Didn't WG just say they heard players concerns that it was too difficult to aquire the unique captains, and that is why they made it more accessible starting with Sansonetti? Just to walk back on that in time for Andrew Cunningham? what the heck??

Playing CV's is one of my fav classes, and i really want Andrew Cunningham, but these objectives are very time consuming if you are set on getting Andrew Cunningham. And 40 tokens for 1000 dubloons is very steep.

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,774 posts
4,407 battles

So I finally got some gameplay in after the last patch, I went over the directives and boy the surprise. First stage cannot be completed via the "grind directives" if you play a single ship class like I do.

Thanks WG inclusive event design. That's the 3rd one of this kind by my count.

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
11 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

So I finally got some gameplay in after the last patch, I went over the directives and boy the surprise. First stage cannot be completed via the "grind directives" if you play a single ship class like I do.

Thanks WG inclusive event design. That's the 3rd one of this kind by my count.

It's a new standard for events/directives.

It will only get worse from here.

• Cool 1

Players
34 posts
10,422 battles

Client says Albemarle and Cheshire have 3km base range on their secondary guns, when all other T8 cruisers seems to have at least 5km, is this intended?

[ENUF_]
Beta Tester
321 posts
17,525 battles
On 3/1/2020 at 11:31 AM, BraveExpress said:

Client says Albemarle and Cheshire have 3km base range on their secondary guns, when all other T8 cruisers seems to have at least 5km, is this intended?

They said it's a bug and they would fix it. Nothing happened so far yet though.

Just found another bug with Cunningham. After I used all my heals and smokes I managed to kill 2 ships and received another charge of consumables. The timer of the smoke consumable was bugged as you can see on the screenshot:

shot-20_03_03_19_52.11-0203.thumb.jpg.3244d7039253c6daadfa0006c908a8f0.jpg

@MrConway Can you pass this on to the developers please.

The Cooldown of the last charge seems to be too long, too.

I attached 3 replays:

1. 20200303_193753_PBSC108-Edinburgh_16_OC_bees_to_honey.wowsreplay

2. 20200303_205817_PBSC108-Edinburgh_35_NE_north_winter.wowsreplay

3. 20200303_211640_PBSC108-Edinburgh_50_Gold_harbor.wowsreplay

Don't mind my full secondary Edinburgh^^

• Cool 1

Players
4,046 posts

"Captain you still have some Royal Tokens left, please spend them now in the armory. You can only earn them till patch 0.9.2 becomes available."

That's more or less the ingame message I just received (forgot to take a screenshot).

Is that a bad joke? The event is in full swing. Of course I have tokens left. There are still tokens to earn. Why the attempt to create a sense of urgency within the players like that?

The message made no sense whatsoever at this point.

@MrConway @Crysantos

• Cool 3

Players
431 posts
24,710 battles

British Heavy Cruisers, what are they actually for? This has indeed puzzled me but I have it now.

They are for everybody else to annihilate with one salvo. You can't even do that to a Smolensk (overpens abound)

Have I got it right WG?

Total crap.

Russian is best comrade. :Smile_unsure:

Super direction this game is going in. :Smile_sceptic:

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,378 posts
4,119 battles
On 3/5/2020 at 9:55 AM, Egoleter said:

"Captain you still have some Royal Tokens left, please spend them now in the armory. You can only earn them till patch 0.9.2 becomes available."

That's more or less the ingame message I just received (forgot to take a screenshot).

Is that a bad joke? The event is in full swing. Of course I have tokens left. There are still tokens to earn. Why the attempt to create a sense of urgency within the players like that?

The message made no sense whatsoever at this point.

@MrConway @Crysantos

Seems like a badly timed reminder, sorry for that.

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

London is not worth the grind, the tech tree T6 Devonshire is not only a lot better but is far easier to grind.

The 10 point skipper is however worth it.

As for the new cruisers;

Hawkins -  Ok unless bottom tier.

Devonshire - hated it at first and as ugly as hell, but fully upgraded its a very good T6, I regularly get 80k+ in randoms.

London - not worth the grind yes it has smoke but it’s short lived, gun range is pathetic. 

Surrey - The most stable of the 5 I’ve tried and on a par with a Fiji. 

Awful Mess - looks great but dies if a BB looks at it.  If you can survive it is better in the end game.

T8 needs an armour buff, Devonshire needs a beauty make over and  Gun range needs to be increased at least 1/2 km across the range

Playstyle ; the exact one we all moan to WG about ; yep hump an island and spam HE.   Good vs DD, ok vs cruisers, vs BB -ROFL.   Torps are good but few, none of the 5 uptier very well.  

[FLASH]
Players
443 posts
18,171 battles
36 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

London is not worth the grind, the tech tree T6 Devonshire is not only a lot better but is far easier to grind.

Absolutely agreed

The 10 point skipper is however worth it.

I think not ...

Hawkins -  Ok unless bottom tier.

Found her very difficult. Will not keep her ...

Devonshire - hated it at first and as ugly as hell, but fully upgraded its a very good T6, I regularly get 80k+ in randoms.

Fell in love with Devonshire at the first sight. In my opinion the most beautiful ship of this line (there's no accounting for taste). A decent silvership, main guns should have 200-300m more range.

London - not worth the grind yes it has smoke but it’s short lived, gun range is pathetic. 

Agreed. Even Exeter is better without smoke.

Surrey - The most stable of the 5 I’ve tried and on a par with a Fiji. 

I find her ugly, but a decent ship

Players
279 posts
3,035 battles
On 3/1/2020 at 10:31 AM, BraveExpress said:

According to WG and sub_oct it was a bug that was going to be fixed, it just hasn't been.