Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CaptainObvious007

how to con people out of steel

34 comments in this topic

Players
153 posts
20,403 battles

The current decision to convert 3 ships from steel to coal is very unfair for those who already own them.

Anyone who spend steel on a flint, black or neustrashimy and having said ships beeing converted into coal ships  without any compensation for people who spend their steel on it is just wrong. 

The argument put forth that these ships would not be available for at least 6 months and we get 'exclusivity' is a joke. I can't trade exclusivity for a ship, now can I ? 

There should be an option of at least recovering some of the steel we spend. In my case 20k.

If I knew I would be able to get this ship for coal instead of steel I would have kept the steel for another ship. 

I do feel betrayed and conned out of my steel .

• Cool 13
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 8
  • Bad 3

[KVK]
Players
541 posts

Black and Flint were originally reward ships for reaching several times rank 1 over successive seasons.

Then they sold them for steel, in the future for coal.

My cousin (https://wows-numbers.com/player/532620539,riddis/) was rewarded both...

then they sold these ships for steel and every windowlicker could grind them, taking about feeling betrayed and conned out...

LOL

• Cool 5

[THESO]
Players
9,025 posts
46,055 battles
2 minutes ago, Cpt_Andre said:

Black and Flint were originally reward ships for reaching several times rank 1 over successive seasons.

Then they sold them for steel, in the future for coal.

My cousin (https://wows-numbers.com/player/532620539,riddis/) was rewarded both...

then they sold these ships for steel and every windowlicker could grind them, taking about feeling betrayed and conned out...

LOL

Yup many people were mad that they began selling them for steel. Especially the Black. 

• Cool 2

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
28,877 battles
1 hour ago, bigdoguk said:

Steel needs a buff.

WG: Hold my beer. 

Soviet steel coming soon. Can be obtained only when playing Stalingrad, Smolensk and Kremlin in CW and Ranked. 

• Funny 5

[THESO]
Players
3,584 posts
28,401 battles

... as i bet the coal price to be significantly higher than for steel in comparison: got the black for steel and i'm fine with the shift. gonna get flint maybe even for steel b4 shift as i expect it to be rather discounted in comparison :Smile_great:

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
7,898 posts
16,708 battles

What @MrWastee said.

I have both Flint and Black, through steel (Flint recently - Xmas), and am sanguine about them becoming available for coal. I've had a good run at Black as a fairly exclusive ship, and will do with Flint, assuming the gap before they're switched to coal is accurate (i.e. WG's pants aren't on fire).

It would be a bit churlish of me to object to a wider range of players getting what I've already had for quite a while...

• Cool 7

Players
98 posts
4 hours ago, CaptainObvious007 said:

The current decision to convert 3 ships from steel to coal is very unfair for those who already own them.

Anyone who spend steel on a flint, black or neustrashimy and having said ships beeing converted into coal ships  without any compensation for people who spend their steel on it is just wrong. 

The argument put forth that these ships would not be available for at least 6 months and we get 'exclusivity' is a joke. I can't trade exclusivity for a ship, now can I ? 

There should be an option of at least recovering some of the steel we spend. In my case 20k.

If I knew I would be able to get this ship for coal instead of steel I would have kept the steel for another ship. 

Flint and black originally took 3 & 5 rank outs to obtain.  Then WG changed to selling for steel you could earn in clan battles and ranked without even ranking out or obtaining many wins in Typhoon League in Clan Battles (for Stalingrad).  Then WG sold mission to obtain steel in 2018 and also snow flakes so everyone could obtain steel and also possibly drop some in a supercontainer.  After they introduced steel instead of a number of rank out flags for the reward ships the writing was on the wall.

WALL>>>   WG will change anything and everything at any time if they feel that will squeeze out another ruble and will then spin some song and dance excuse why everyone should be thrilled.

• Cool 6

[UKMD]
Players
139 posts
3,707 battles

Quick questions:

If you buy something and it goes on sale 1 week later, do you ask for compensation as well?

You still got these ships way earlier than people who buy them for coal, didn't you?

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
1,739 posts
20,109 battles
18 hours ago, CaptainObvious007 said:

As @MrWastee already said, the ships might be significantly more expensive for coal, when they reappear. One of our clan members even bought one of these ships just two days ago, knowing it would be moved to coal. So he obviously doesn't feel conned at all, but thinks he now makes a better deal than people who will buy it in the future.

I can understand you might have made other plans for your steel, had you known these ships would be available for coal. But you made a good deal. If I had the steel right now, I would spend it on Black. The steel price of Black is about equivalent to a coal price of 120k-140k. A Georgia costs 224k.

You need to get that idea out of your head, that steel is better than coal. Both are ressources, both are limited. Yes, you get more coal, but the prices also reflect that. The whole hype of steel is just due to the Stalingrad, which was OP at the time it got released. So people thought steel is gonna be the ressource to buy rare OP ships, while coal would be for the pleb versions. That simply is wrong. Smolensk is as OP as a ship can be, it's coal. Thunderer, Georgia, Jean Bart and Musashi are all amazing ships, for coal. On the other hand Neustrashimy is a steel ship, but more like Yoshino, a ship for certain people who know how to handle it, not an overall superior design. You get more coal, but you also need it for buying commanders, ship modules and other stuff.

So I would not make the mistake of feeling cheated. Frankly, I envy you.

• Cool 8

Players
2,975 posts
477 battles

It is con when he got it with steel and now will go for coal. But it was not con when others got it as PVP reward and he got it for grindable resource  :)

yeh....logic. 

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
11 hours ago, CaptainObvious007 said:

I think you should expect any steel ships possibly becoming available for other resources going forward. Either you hold on to your steel indefinitely or you use it as you wish, but I think you'll have to accept that steel is a digital resource in a pc game with no other value than what WG decides it to be at any given moment.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
344 posts
11,742 battles
13 hours ago, CaptainObvious007 said:

What's up with the elitism, dude? I've bought both Black and Neustra for steel and I see no unfairness here.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Players
153 posts
20,403 battles
28 minutes ago, Gebe_ said:

What's up with the elitism, dude? I've bought both Black and Neustra for steel and I see no unfairness here.

Did I ever state I object others getting those ships? I have no issue with those ships being made more easilly available ( they are good and fun ships) . I do have an issue with me having to spend 20k steel on something I could in the future buy for a much more common recourse. So I am just saying that we should have the option of returning our steel ship for a part of the steel back ( it's used, so don't even want all of the steel back) so we can just get the ship again for the coal price if we want to. 

[THESO]
Players
3,584 posts
28,401 battles
52 minutes ago, CaptainObvious007 said:

Did I ever state I object others getting those ships? I have no issue with those ships being made more easilly available ( they are good and fun ships) . I do have an issue with me having to spend 20k steel on something I could in the future buy for a much more common recourse. So I am just saying that we should have the option of returning our steel ship for a part of the steel back ( it's used, so don't even want all of the steel back) so we can just get the ship again for the coal price if we want to. 

while i can understand the want to a certain degree, i gotta say u decided to get em for that ressource it was available for at the time. ofc, no one ever guessed em to shift the ships, just like no one ever saw the foul move to differentiate between ressource and prem ships.

but that's it with gaming companies....

on the other hand, if now let's say they introduce em back on a level like georgia (in case of the black), it's essentially like a 60-40% (? damn, need coffee :Smile_child:) discount. what's more accessible over like half a year? like 230k coal or 14k steel? in the end it boils down the same imho, even more in light of several events outside the competetive modes to gather steel.

if u got flint and black for steel u got what u decided by the time to get and paid for. the shift doesn't change anything about that, xcept for some personal "if now" calculations. if they now offer a refund it's nothing but generosity on their side. from my pov it doesn't matter really, but rather expect it to not happen so u not get too frustrated on it.

• Cool 2

[HNDF]
Players
280 posts
12,053 battles

maybe is time for WG to stop steel and other idiotic currency. Is better to give special flags (with economic bonuses) for rewards in rank and clan battles and give everyone the opportunity to have a prem ship. 

BUT whatever they did, some players will get frustrated...

• Cool 2

[RO-RN]
Players
1,031 posts
14,416 battles

In other words every potato will now have access to ,,special ships". These special ships required time,damaging your own brain( rank battles) and to be an expert player( clan wars-reaching high leagues, ranked-reaching rank 1-lots of frustration).

But the masses here thing that what WG does is great:,,Yay now more people will have access to these ships YAY!!!'' you mean every potato and his big wallet will have access to them no? remember how many coal did those christmas boxes gave you? wasnt it 12500-15000 coal?

So yes now every monkey can now get a ship like neustrashimy in a merely 1 hour- all he needs is just to spend some cash on lots of loot boxes and gamble his luck on coal! 

HEY LESTA STUDIOS  STALINGRAD AND BOURGOGNE FOR COAL WHEN? 

PS:also it looks like WOT clan wars rewards fare better there than here, were not every potato will have a 907,fv4201 or 121B!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Players
372 posts
5,910 battles
17 hours ago, CaptainObvious007 said:

Also, I bought a car a few years ago, now to buy it new it costs £7999 less.

is this wrong?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
2 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

In other words every potato will now have access to ,,special ships". These special ships required time,damaging your own brain( rank battles) and to be an expert player( clan wars-reaching high leagues, ranked-reaching rank 1-lots of frustration).

But the masses here thing that what WG does is great:,,Yay now more people will have access to these ships YAY!!!'' you mean every potato and his big wallet will have access to them no? remember how many coal did those christmas boxes gave you? wasnt it 12500-15000 coal?

So yes now every monkey can now get a ship like neustrashimy in a merely 1 hour- all he needs is just to spend some cash on lots of loot boxes and gamble his luck on coal! 

PS:also it looks like WOT clan wars rewards fare better there than here, were not every potato will have a 907,fv4201 or 121B!

Does it REALLY MATTER at this point?

They can buy several T9 premiums for cash in the shop anyway. Flint is only T7, i would welcome a new player getting a Flint for Coal instead of a Thunderer. And whether they buy a Friesland or take Coal to get Black/Neustra - does it matter?

• Cool 3

[RO-RN]
Players
1,031 posts
14,416 battles
Just now, Rionnen_marksman said:

is this wrong?

No it isnt))) But you know what it will be? Playing ranked and clan wars? Why play these modes when every ship available for steel would become available for coal? Why should I lose my neurons playing ranked? Why should I become a great player to join a great clan and reach higher leagues? I dont see a reason!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Players
5,398 posts
24,445 battles
12 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

No it isnt))) But you know what it will be? Playing ranked and clan wars? Why play these modes when every ship available for steel would become available for coal? Why should I lose my neurons playing ranked? Why should I become a great player to join a great clan and reach higher leagues? I dont see a reason!

You are 100% right. In old days when Black and Flint was only for 1 place in ranked, I have played for them a lot and every Jolly Roger I get, was a real joy. After how steel was introduced, my ranked season was ending after i harvest easy steel until rank 10. Now when You can "convert" coal to steel, even such limited activity has a little sense. I can do almost nothing and all free ships will be mine anyway.

Players
153 posts
20,403 battles
19 minutes ago, Rionnen_marksman said:

is this wrong?

Are you deliberately going out of your way to come up with the most retarded replies? 

How can this be compared. 

Steel used to be a special currency, not easy to get. And wasting 20k on it to get a ship and then have the ship converted from steel to a much less currency (coal) without any form of compensation is a slap in the face to people who took the effort into getting such steel. 

Again, I am not against this move to make those ships more obtainable ( and 20k for the neustra was a bit high end to start with) but promoting steel and these ships for a long time and then downgrading them  without and form of compensation is just not right. It's false advertising, or some shady bait and switch technique .. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[PERMA]
Players
1,738 posts
15,097 battles
18 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

image.jpeg.3834853928fd33a3429cda6de8aed9fa.jpeg

[HOO]
Players
2,312 posts
4,034 battles
17 hours ago, CaptainObvious007 said:

How about the people that earned some of those ships by getting Rank 1 three times?

They put themselves through hell three times, and got a very nice special reward, only for a while later that special unique reward to be opened up to everyone for Steel.

You've had use of those ships for as long as you have paid for them, and you will continue to have use of them, once they are removed in 9.3. Anyone who doesn't have them by then but wants them is gonna have to wait 6 months.

Stuff like this happens all the time. Ever bought a PC game and then found a while later that it's given away free? 

• Cool 6

Sign in to follow this