Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

British Heavy Cruisers - Hall Of Fame - No1 Player has played 1500 co-op battles in 2 weeks (16k+ in 4 months) - Wow!

27 comments in this topic

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

Hi all,

I know we have lots of threads about people scamming the HOF with bot accounts but the current leader (300+ points infront of anyone else), who has played 1500 Co-Op games in just 2 weeks (seems like a bot thing to do), actually seems to have non-bot like results for Co-Op despite the huge amount of games they're playing (100+ games a day) for a total of 16800+ games played in just 4 months or an average of 140 games every single day without missing a day.

Normally I'd jump all over WG for missing this potential bot as they usually have the awful PvP stats you'd normally expect to see but this player (a Chinese name - another warning sign usually) seems to have bucked that trend by sticking to Co-Op rather than being more obvious in Random, keeping their stats live for everyone to see (normally private) and playing OK in PvP (232 games) so I'm confused as to whether this account really is a Bot (as the games played suggests) or if something strange is going on with the account (maybe started off as Human them sold to a botter)?

Anyway, as we're not allowed to "name & shame" I've not done so but after all the issues of previous HOF's being blighted by Bots I'd be surprised if WG hadn't at least investigated this account.

• Cool 4

[PIKES]
Players
578 posts
13,672 battles

Well you didn't say the name ..... ummmh everyone who unlock and finishing the directive 4 could see now who is the number one ... interesting
:Smile_trollface:

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,261 posts
14,829 battles
2 hours ago, elblancogringo said:

More than 100 battles per day, how could a human do this??

If you do Co-Op which usually last some 5-8 minutes as people are currently even critizing it's not that much. I mean you could e.g. use a DD, rush in, get killed and next match. It's usually a win (and points for HoF). 

[PORT]
[PORT]
Beta Tester, Players
398 posts
45,837 battles
13 minutes ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

usually last some 5-8 minutes

As a Co-op main I'd say the average battle time is higher than that.

At an average of 10 mins, you're looking at 16 hours of solid play each day to make 100 games.  I play about 20ish games most days and still have fun playing.  100 games is just an unthinkable amount of games. 

Having seen some of the names in the top 100 of HOF in game, playing so badly.  You have to assume they are bots of some kind.

• Cool 1

Players
1,225 posts
8,209 battles
2 hours ago, Wizard27_1979 said:

If you do Co-Op which usually last some 5-8 minutes as people are currently even critizing it's not that much. I mean you could e.g. use a DD, rush in, get killed and next match. It's usually a win (and points for HoF). 

I would not be surprised if it is something like this.... especially when playing DD's. With a little luck, you get one or two kills as well. If you cycle your DD's, you could get in something like 15 games per hour. It IS bad form though... and I cannot even fathom why somebody would like to do this.

That said, at least the sheer numbers suggest this is humanly near impossible.

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester
251 posts

I've met the guy twice this morning. I remember him because he played bad. First time he was circling the map (Atlantic standard) in a Jean Bart and kept sniping while a Hood and my Duke of York desperately defended our base against tier 9 bots, second time he camped the center (North domination) in a Musashi from behind a large rock nearby while my Loyang put 20 torpedoes into tier 9 bots all around him. Both times he neither really contributed nor used his ships as they should and could be played. However he seemed to individually choose targets and actions. Needless to say that especially the first match lasted unusually long and he seemed to actively participate until the end. Of course for final conclusions one would have to compare matches on the very same map.

Strange enough: He's got countless good premiums which he only played once or twice.

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,385 posts
9,849 battles
13 minutes ago, Benaulim said:

I've met the guy twice this morning.

You met a bot. No human does 16k games in 4 months.

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles

Just checked... He has a bit over 30,000 points.

The second one has almost 28,000 points.

So it's not like he doesn't have competition.

GO GO INSANITY!!!

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester
251 posts
2 minutes ago, _Bajkal said:

You met a bot. No human does 16k games in 4 months.

Ever heard of shared accounts? Also I was rather referring to the question wether he yolos in DDs to start as many matches per hour as possible. Well, in fact he hardly plays DDs at all.

Anyway, I have no interest in defending him or discussing the bot issue. Kindly check the account, though. That guy has got almost any premium available (except steel ships, of course). There even is a Belfast meaning he apparently bought containers. That said whatever is behind this he's a good customer ...

• Cool 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
2 minutes ago, Benaulim said:

Ever heard of shared accounts? Also I was rather referring to the question wether he yolos in DDs to start as many matches per hour as possible. Well, in fact he hardly plays DDs at all.

Anyway, I have no interest in defending him or discussing the bot issue. Kindly check the account, though. That guy has got almost any premium available (except steel ships, of course). There even is a Belfast meaning he apparently bought containers. That said whatever is behind this he's a good customer ...

The best one in fact. That means that even if he is using some bots WG will do absolutely nothing. Why would they? :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
2,979 posts
21,483 battles

Considering the rewards available for this event and the hall of fame, I genuinely cannot see why you would even bother using a bot or shared account to grind this out  .

It just seems so pointless...

[THESO]
Players
1,747 posts
20,235 battles

No guys, really, something fishy is going on here.

I just was in a coop batte and there was this strange DD that nearly torped me. Nothing new about that, I admit. Players do that a lot, right? But then at some point that DD unloaded all his torps into an island blocking the predicted way to a BB. That is not human behavior.

I checked the account and this one was created 6 weeks ago but had 4600 coop battles, a Smolensk, Puerto Rico and even Missouri. Even 180 random battles with a 61% winrate mostly in T10. But then a K/D ratio in coop of 1.15. Any half decent player can easily do k/d of 3. The name is currently rank 26 in the Hall of Fame. The name is definitely not random.

These things just don't add up for me.

If I had to take a guess, I would say these are manually created accounts, likely rerolls. The original name indicates it is not the same phenomenon as the Königsberg-bots we saw during the paypal-recruiting thingy. The person who created them is trying to level them using some sort of bot program. The program is written to work for coop games. It's not efficient, any human would do better XP/min, even more so one who manages purple on T10.

Also I don't think these bots primarily aim at the Hall of Fame. I rather think the HoF reveals these accounts in a way that was not intended by the account creator.

• Cool 4

[TACHA]
Players
585 posts
3,122 battles
7 hours ago, VonBroich said:

As a Co-op main I'd say the average battle time is higher than that.

At an average of 10 mins, you're looking at 16 hours of solid play each day to make 100 games.  I play about 20ish games most days and still have fun playing.  100 games is just an unthinkable amount of games. 

Having seen some of the names in the top 100 of HOF in game, playing so badly.  You have to assume they are bots of some kind.

It's a tad higher than that (if my calcs are correct - probably not)

1500/14 = 107 (rounded)

107 x 10 (assuming we have 10 minute games)  =  1070

1070/60 = 17.83 rounded to 18

Then we have to factor in Matchmaking so:

1500/14 - 107 (rounded)

for every one of those 107 games let's say it takes MM on average 1 min to find a match.

107 x 1 = ....107

107/60 = 1.783333333(ad infinium) rounded to 1.8

Then total time (in theory)

18 + 1.8 = 19.8 (rounded to 20)

So it falls between 19 to 20 hours to pull this off... some one in China has no life (or is Skynet in disguise :Smile_trollface:).

Image result for terminator T800

Either that or the CoOp bots are evolving and making player accounts to out compete the Potatoes. Wait it all makes sense, that's what they are doing aren't they? Were all doo... (looks at Op navigation AI and Transport sailing backwards + Raptor beaching itself)... eh... never mind false alarm. :Smile_hiding:

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,385 posts
9,849 battles
On 2/8/2020 at 11:09 PM, Benaulim said:

Ever heard of shared accounts?

Yeah like what? 4 people doing 4 shifts to make those numbers?

On 2/8/2020 at 11:09 PM, Benaulim said:

Kindly check the account, though.

That was the first thing I did after reading 16k battles in 4 months.

It's easier to write a bot playing co-op than have multiple people playing this is what I believe. Even wot had bots and they never had any kind of co-op bots in the game in the early years.

[BNBS]
Players
466 posts
10,750 battles
On 2/8/2020 at 11:26 PM, lovelacebeer said:

Considering the rewards available for this event and the hall of fame, I genuinely cannot see why you would even bother using a bot or shared account to grind this out  .

It just seems so pointless...

Bots don't do it for the fame.  They do it to build an attractive account to sell and that includes having premium Premiums in the portfolio too.  I've seen WoWs accounts being illegally traded for well over $1500.

• Cool 1

Players
372 posts
5,918 battles
34 minutes ago, Sybeck said:

Bots don't do it for the fame.  They do it to build an attractive account to sell and that includes having premium Premiums in the portfolio too.  I've seen WoWs accounts being illegally traded for well over $1500.

What?!?

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester
3,457 posts
13,545 battles

I'd say the guy at the top needs a doctor, and fast. It's a really sad situation to be so utterly driven to play so many games with the only reason being you want to be number one on a leaderboard of something that offers absolutely no recognition or reward at all, and which in fact only draws gasps of incredubility at the serious dumbness of it all. The idea this guy is a human defies all common sense...what a sad life they must lead.

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
775 posts
14,623 battles
7 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

what a sad life they must lead

but it is their life and we are not supposed to judge.

One way or another account should be perma banned to help out the guy drop the addiction or shut down a bot, whichever apply in this case.

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester
3,457 posts
13,545 battles
2 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

but it is their life and we are not supposed to judge.

One way or another account should be perma banned to help out the guy drop the addiction or shut down a bot, whichever apply in this case.

It's their life indeed, but who says we shouldn't be allowed to say what we think of their unhealthy obsession? We can't walk through life ignoring the things obviously going wrong with the preamble it's none of our business and we should not judge. Holy moly, the world would have ended a long time ago were it not for people making judgement calls to counter other peoples poor judgement calls.

However, if we judge we should be prepared to be judged in return..such is the nature of coup contrecoup.

• Cool 1

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
775 posts
14,623 battles
2 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

the world would have ended a long time ago

no it would not. So far we do not have any means to actually destroy our own moon, or any planet, so world would be not affected.

2 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

such is the nature of coup contrecoup.

I am just a WoWs player you shouldn't use some strange words, it makes me uncomfortable :D

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this