Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
dunbine

What Players wishes from the World of the Warships

32 comments in this topic

[BORZ]
Players
467 posts
12,116 battles
if we are in this forum, and we played 100+ battles, is safe to guess that:

- we LIKE this game

- we like to fight with our warships

- we like to collect new warships

- we like the historycal feeling that this game gives, even if we know that is an arcade

Usually, when a game is developed and new features are added to It, its players are eager to see and try them out. But the last updates on our community, had the opposite effect, and many (including myself) got angry about the incoming ships.
Why is this happening?
After talking and reading a lot on this forum, i belive that most of us wish for few simple things, and wish that the WG, the developers, the moderators, will understand us more:

1) BALANCE
To be fun, a battle game must be balanced and every ship of the same tier, should have equal pro and cons.
Of course we do understand how hard it is to balance things out, and how much work it requires. But when most of the community gets angry over the same ships for months, then something must be off and maybe something should be said, at least to keep peace in the community.
We wish to own ships that are fun to play with
We wish to fight ships that are fun to play against

2) NO SCI-FI ABILITIES
We must accept that the game must have ships that never existed, cause without them it would be impossibile for a navy to have ships from tier 1 to 10.
But please, don't insert in the game things that never existed, and give them performances so superior compared to the other ships of the same tiers, cause that's what designers expected to obtain from that plan.
When Japanese builded the Yamato, they were disappointed by its maximum speed, cause their initial design aimed to reach a speed close to 30 knots.
But when building it in realty, they realized that there were limits and differences between what you planned and what you can really do.

3) EMPATHY AND COMMUNICATION
We wish that WG would understand better its players.
Changes are necessair for the game to further develop.
Special events and offers are necessair for the game to keep gaining money.
But please, when you make any change to the game, think at how the players feel as well.
Add new russian ships when people still complains about the gamebalance of the russian ships that already exists is a bit... Worrying
Sell for coal, ships that before could be earned only for steel, will upset the players who worked so much to earn the steel and purchase those ships.
Create events like the puerto rico, sell upgrades for real money, without explaing clearly what they could gain from them, will also upset the people who purchased them.

This game is great, i belive we have all nice memories about the fun we had while playing It.
So please, when developing it, think more at the players who want to have fun with it.
And this way, we will be happy to spend money on it
  • Cool 9
  • Boring 1

Players
2,255 posts
4,421 battles

@dunbine

Agree with everything. I porbably care about this game more than the majority of the players do, because i don't play this game just to play a game (if it as for this reason i maybe wouldn't  even be here), i play this game because i love ships, and i want to play with them.

I don't know if you watched the last stream, but Crysantos said that WG wants to keep the "national flaours", which i think it's the core problem of balancing. 

Plus, have you heard that for WG, Smolensk is fine? Bigget lie i've heard so far.

i honestly feel like WG is s:etc_swear:ing me sometimes, when we keep saying to WG that we don't want a ceratin thing or that a certain ship is broken, but they ignore us and they say that it's fine.

• Cool 2

[KAKE]
Players
2,801 posts
6,795 battles

Ok, before I bother to even try to read this:

-Edit your first post.

-Select all the text

-Right click, choose "Copy"

-Right click again, choose "Paste as plain text"

Because this is unreadable on a dark background.

[JRM]
Players
8,928 posts

Isisting on gimmicks and gimmic combos that induce powercreep in particular is the main issue, for instance (post are still here on forum, somewhere) many of us here predicted what will happen when we saw the Smolensk specs, long before she even sailed in ST...

• Cool 1

[ROUGH]
Players
4,726 posts
13,689 battles

Who is "we"?

You already get to collect new warships, WG is introducing new ones faster than ever before.

You can fight with your warships in different gamemodes...

Fun is subjective from person to person. I have fun playing DDs against CVs while many don't.

There are probably plenty of ships you are having fun playing with. The fun aspect depends on the ship and the player and their tastes. There is a ship for everyone.

Balancing is in the works. WG is trying to even to listen to unreasonable requests. That your balancing wishes aren't fulfilled instantly doesn't mean they aren't trying to make something happen in the right directions.

WG is communicating a shitton. On reddit they got quiet because of the community being rude as hell. But here in the forums you will almost always get a response if you ping WG admins.

Vor 25 Minuten, wot_2016_gunner sagte:

Plus, have you heard that for WG, Smolensk is fine? Bigget lie i've heard so far.

Same problem with CVs being discussed. In the avg potatos hands its fine. Not in unicum hands however which are thankfully rare enough that they don't matter much. Statistically speaking it's probably fine.

Vor 27 Minuten, wot_2016_gunner sagte:

when we keep saying to WG that we don't want a ceratin thing or that a certain ship i broken, but they ignore us and they say that it's fine.

Why should WG listen to you at all? Every player has a different idea of balancing. Who determines who to listen to when it comes to the community? Is my opinion worth less because i like CVs than yours? If you demand WG listen to you then I demand they listen to me as well. What now?

Vor 58 Minuten, dunbine sagte:

This game is great, i belive we have all nice memories about the fun we had while playing It.

Yes the game is great. The playerbase however could be better.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[BORZ]
Players
467 posts
12,116 battles
9 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

Why should WG listen to you at all? Every player has a different idea of balancing. Who determines who to listen to when it comes to the community? Is my opinion worth less because i like CVs than yours? If you demand WG listen to you then I demand they listen to me as well. What now?

Yes the game is great. The playerbase however could be better.

Why they should listen to their players?

Cause they work in a field called "Entertainment" and their players are the one they Must entertain to keep the game running and male us pay for it.

The playerbase could be better?

Indeed

You could improve and try to understand people more

I did not wrote this to divide people even more, but to say what i felt was the wish of many of us.

You ask me who is "we"

I belive is a lot of people who follow this forum, the Channels of youtube that talk about wow, and others i know personally and don't write in this forum

• Cool 2

[ROUGH]
Players
4,726 posts
13,689 battles
Vor 12 Minuten, dunbine sagte:

You ask me who is "we"

There is only you and your opinion. Not a "we". You are not the spokesperson of the community, neither am I, neither is the next guy.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[P7S]
Players
343 posts

For WG it is critical to give you the feeling they care and that you have a degree of influence on the future of the game.

This way, they can focus on strengthening the players' dependence and push the game further into the milking phase.

So, good luck with your wishes. 

• Cool 1

Players
8,087 posts
245 battles
2 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

There is only you and your opinion. Not a "we". You are not the spokesperson of the community, neither am I, neither is the next guy.

I hope this doesnt turn into another 500v1 scenario again like last time for you.

sweats.gif.61c3cfe9a368bdc72ea27b4759372a92.gif

• Funny 5

[BORZ]
Players
467 posts
12,116 battles
4 minutes ago, Yoshanai said:

I am not the spokesperson of the community indeed

I am just someone that reads what people says

Please do the same, and try to understand that many people don't agree on the developments that are being done

• Cool 1

[PIKES]
Players
577 posts
13,566 battles
1 hour ago, Uglesett said:

Ok, before I bother to even try to read this:

-Edit your first post.

-Select all the text

-Right click, choose "Copy"

-Right click again, choose "Paste as plain text"

Because this is unreadable on a dark background.

It is clear and fine as it is reading from my cellphone

[KAKE]
Players
2,801 posts
6,795 battles
2 minutes ago, neorvo said:

It is clear and fine as it is reading from my cellphone

Well, goody for you :Smile_sceptic:

dark_background.PNG.0df54c3ef8872cebef111684d95c2274.PNG

[PIKES]
Players
577 posts
13,566 battles
2 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

Well, goody for you :Smile_sceptic:

dark_background.PNG.0df54c3ef8872cebef111684d95c2274.PNG

Follows the hidden text :cap_money:

if we are in this forum, and we played 100+ battles, is safe to guess that:

- we LIKE this game

- we like to fight with our warships

- we like to collect new warships

- we like the historycal feeling that this game gives, even if we know that is an arcade

Usually, when a game is developed and new features are added to It, its players are eager to see and try them out. But the last updates on our community, had the opposite effect, and many (including myself) got angry about the incoming ships.
Why is this happening? 
After talking and reading a lot on this forum, i belive that most of us wish for few simple things, and wish that the WG, the developers, the moderators, will understand us more:

1) BALANCE
To be fun, a battle game must be balanced and every ship of the same tier, should have equal pro and cons.
Of course we do understand how hard it is to balance things out, and how much work it requires. But when most of the community gets angry over the same ships for months, then something must be off and maybe something should be said, at least to keep peace in the community.
We wish to own ships that are fun to play with
We wish to fight ships that are fun to play against

2) NO SCI-FI ABILITIES
We must accept that the game must have ships that never existed, cause without them it would be impossibile for a navy to have ships from tier 1 to 10.
But please, don't insert in the game things that never existed, and give them performances so superior compared to the other ships of the same tiers, cause that's what designers expected to obtain from that plan.
When Japanese builded the Yamato, they were disappointed by its maximum speed, cause their initial design aimed to reach a speed close to 30 knots.
But when building it in realty, they realized that there were limits and differences between what you planned and what you can really do.

3) EMPATHY AND COMMUNICATION
We wish that WG would understand better its players.
Changes are necessair for the game to further develop.
Special events and offers are necessair for the game to keep gaining money.
But please, when you make any change to the game, think at how the players feel as well.
Add new russian ships when people still complains about the gamebalance of the russian ships that already exists is a bit... Worrying
Sell for coal, ships that before could be earned only for steel, will upset the players who worked so much to earn the steel and purchase those ships.
Create events like the puerto rico, sell upgrades for real money, without explaing clearly what they could gain from them, will also upset the people who purchased them.

So please, when developing it, think more at the players who want to have fun with it. 
And this way, we will be happy to spend money on it

[THESO]
Players
9,054 posts
46,198 battles
3 hours ago, Yoshanai said:

Agree :cap_like:

[BORZ]
Players
467 posts
12,116 battles
12 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Agree :cap_like:

If there is only "me" and "my" opinion, who wrote 20 Pages of negative comments about the new line of russian cruisers, split between more than a topic in this forum?

Not to mention the negative comments of the community on YouTube and other socials...

You could say i am not the democratically elected spokesman of all the people who disagree with the WG.

But not that i am the only one who thinks that about the game, i am sorry.

Is not just my opinion

• Bad 1

[THESO]
Players
9,054 posts
46,198 battles
4 minutes ago, dunbine said:

If there is only "me" and "my" opinion, who wrote 20 Pages of negative comments about the new line of russian cruisers, split between more than a topic in this forum?

Not to mention the negative comments of the community on YouTube and other socials...

You could say i am not the democratically elected spokesman of all the people who disagree with the WG.

But not that i am the only one who thinks that about the game, i am sorry.

Is not just my opinion

Ha? I don't know what are you talking about, 20 pages of negative comments about Russian cruiser split? You have confused me with someone else mate.

• Funny 1

Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles
3 minutes ago, dunbine said:

Could ??? :cap_wander:

btw, just because I think its somewhere between funny and absurd: you are kinda derailing your own topic with your focus on that "we - I" thing. And downvoting others, who disagree with you makes it even more strange, since you think, you speak for a majority...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
9,054 posts
46,198 battles
3 hours ago, CptBarney said:

I hope this doesnt turn into another 500v1 scenario again like last time for you.

sweats.gif.61c3cfe9a368bdc72ea27b4759372a92.gif

Don't worry I'm with him :cap_viking:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
9,054 posts
46,198 battles
4 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Could ??? :cap_wander:

btw, just because I think its somewhere between funny and absurd: you are kinda derailing your own topic with your focus on that "we - I" thing. And downvoting others, who disagree with you makes it even more strange, since you think, you speak for a majority...

Idk this guy is weirdo accusing me for things I had never done. :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BORZ]
Players
467 posts
12,116 battles
13 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Ha? I don't know what are you talking about, 20 pages of negative comments about Russian cruiser split? You have confused me with someone else mate.

Yes, i can see you don't know what you are talking about

Just look at this forum, and search for the topics about the new russian cruiser line...

• Boring 1

[THESO]
Players
9,054 posts
46,198 battles
1 minute ago, dunbine said:

Yes, i can see you don't know what you are talking about

Just look at this forum, and search for the topics about the new russian cruiser line...

So show me. 

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this