You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMS_BlackPud

Directives

18 comments in this topic

[SBS]
Players
293 posts

Well I just finished the RN Cruiser directives and no ship. The last 3 ship branch releases I only ever got the T5. This time nothing.

WG I thought you were trying to retain client not send them off looking for a new game. Its getting very close for me!!!

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Players
5,259 posts
3 minutes ago, HMS_BlackPud said:

Well I just finished the RN Cruiser directives and no ship. The last 3 ship branch releases I only ever got the T5. This time nothing.

WG I thought you were trying to retain client not send them off looking for a new game. Its getting very close for me!!!

Same here. I wonder if I said something wrong :)

Funny for me is, that I can't even check how many token bundles I opened, since there is no scroll back button. Good one WG... guess at least I can't feel bad about it.

• Cool 3

Players
2,588 posts
21 minutes ago, HMS_BlackPud said:

You got T5?

Lucky you.

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
300 posts
16,126 battles

I go the T5 and the T6. And a nice amount of flags, coal and whatnot from the bundles that didn't contain ships.

It's free ships -- there is really no reason to complain. I got only one of the IT cruisers when that event was happening.

You get something every time, the ships are a bonus, not a guaranteed prize.

Besides, they'll be in the regular line up soon anyway.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[PIKES]
Players
577 posts
13,588 battles
3 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Same here. I wonder if I said something wrong :)

Funny for me is, that I can't even check how many token bundles I opened, since there is no scroll back button. Good one WG... guess at least I can't feel bad about it.

I am guessing 100x4=400 plus another 100 daily missions etc 500.  500/20 = 25 bundles open . You got the T5 around ending second directive

Chances 1/25 x 100 = 4%

Dammed, since I am playing this, I am continuosly with numbers crushing . Nobody's knows what is going on :cap_book:

[SM0KE]
Players
7,954 posts
16,802 battles

Obviously wildly unscientific, but it *feels* like WG lowered the odds a bit for the RN CAs - I bought some 'money' crates on this account and got only the T6 (in equivalent previous events, that spend would have probably netted at least two ships), and got zero from opening however many freebie crates doing all the directives and almost all the daily missions got you.

My alt account hasn't finished the last directive, and didn't spend any money - one freebie, the T5.

I don't feel especially aggrieved about this, as a) it's small data-set and b) I lucked out enormously on the Lunar New Year crates (if you count getting all three ships as lucky), but it's a salutary lesson that you can easily get little or nothing from the gambling crates.

Players
2,106 posts
9,568 battles
2 hours ago, neorvo said:

I am guessing 100x4=400 plus another 100 daily missions etc 500.  500/20 = 25 bundles open . You got the T5 around ending second directive

Chances 1/25 x 100 = 4%

Dammed, since I am playing this, I am continuosly with numbers crushing . Nobody's knows what is going on :cap_book:

Actually... to be precise...

The first 2 directives provided 80 tokens each and the last 2 provided 100 tokens each. (80x2 + 100x2 = 160+200 = 360)

The daily missions provided 200 in total (if completed both chains every day) = 200 tokens.

360 tokens (from directives) + 200 tokens (from daily missions) = 560 tokens

560 tokens / 20 tokens per random bundle = 28 random bundles.

Not sure if there were some additional tokens from the PTS or other sources but that's the count I have.

Anyways... based on my own experience and experience from majority of players... this event had the lowest drop chances ever. Most players didn't get any ship from token bundles and that wasn't happening so often in the past (never happened to me as I always got a ship or two from early-access events). But we all know WG will never say "yes, we reducing the chances of ship drops" so there's that.

• Cool 3

[BAD-A]
Players
645 posts
9,404 battles
45 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

The first 2 directives provided 80 tokens each and the last 2 provided 100 tokens each. (80x2 + 100x2 = 160+200 = 360)

The daily missions provided 200 in total (if completed both chains every day) = 200 tokens.

Not sure if there were some additional tokens from the PTS or other sources but that's the count I have.

Anyways... based on my own experience and experience from majority of players... this event had the lowest drop chances ever. Most players didn't get any ship from token bundles and that wasn't happening so often in the past (never happened to me as I always got a ship or two from early-access events). But we all know WG will never say "yes, we reducing the chances of ship drops" so there's that.

It's obvious that the cash grabs have increased over the last few years.  Players get low drop chance with the std containers so they gamble dubs on the premium containers as they want the T7 & 8 for the directives (and to play the new ships!).  Players need more dubs, sooooooo, $$$$$ for WG.

Watch the new RU cruiser split only give players the replacement for moskva and not the "offshoot line" too meaning we all have to grind or free XP them (prediction I would like to be proved wrong on)

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
987 posts
10,720 battles

The shady thing about all WG lootbo.. err.. surprise mechanics that they don't reveal the odds. They only say "a chance of" which technically can be %0.0001

• Cool 2

Players
3,118 posts

ZERO

ships.

I opened 15 (at least) but perhaps even 20 bundles.

I played after a long hiatus to get a reward, got frustrated wit randoms, bewildered in ops where I got reported for defending the transports tanking in a bb for whatever reason, and I'm considering withdrawing from game altogether as I struggle to find something I enjoy. The whole event was a joke, but after the PR debacle I guess the playerbase is more or less incentivize to it. The treatment works. We are turning slowly into bots. Cheers o7

• Cool 2

Players
8,089 posts
245 battles
14 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

ZERO

ships.

I opened 15 (at least) but perhaps even 20 bundles.

I played after a long hiatus to get a reward, got frustrated wit randoms, bewildered in ops where I got reported for defending the transports tanking in a bb for whatever reason, and I'm considering withdrawing from game altogether as I struggle to find something I enjoy. The whole event was a joke, but after the PR debacle I guess the playerbase is more or less incentivize to it. The treatment works. We are turning slowly into bots. Cheers o7

Get smoll lossi to open some up.

May include very loud reeing.

Also garrys mod if you want mess arounds.

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
3,184 posts
4,508 battles
1 hour ago, Palubarac said:

20 tokens from Daily shipments ...

[ALYEN]
Players
3,184 posts
4,508 battles
6 hours ago, HMS_BlackPud said:

tech tree ships ... you can grind them for free ... and you got flags, camos, XP, coal and credits from the bundles ... so it's not like you got nothing at all ....

[GNG]
Players
57 posts
11,745 battles

Well  sh@%$ done WG RNGesus for you   really what the F reason to do this uselees directive when you get almost nothing ... i got ZERO ships .. well the truth i don't care if get i have almost nothing to grind ...