Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MahBallz

Why is it I always win in the morning but not in the evening?

39 comments in this topic

[SNUBS]
Players
95 posts

Have always noticed this, late afternoons and especially evenings are ALWAYS a constant lose streak for me. No matter if I'm carrying my butt off, top of the leader board in every match and absolutely killing it. Doesn't matter if it's a week day or weekend.
Might get a couple of wins but largely 80 or 90 % of games will be a loss.

Yet mornings especially around 3/4AM to 10AM I rarely ever suffer a defeat. :cap_win:
Also I always find the the quality of the games are sooo much better in the morning.
Anyone else find this?

Never used to be the case that evenings were so bad, but now.... Can't even remember the last time I had two consecutive wins in the evening :cap_fainting:

• Cool 6

[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles

Because in the morning, you play with high-reflex try hard kids and players who are so hooked that they have to get a few battles in before going to work/school.

In the evening, you play with oldtimers who just came home from their jobs, and who finally want to finish that 20 torpedo hit mission in their Tirpitz.

During the night, ghosts appear.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[RODS]
Players
2,134 posts
8,234 battles
4 minutes ago, genosse said:

Because in the morning, you play with high-reflex try hard kids and players who are so hooked that they have to get a few battles in before going to work/school.

In the evening, you play with oldtimers who just came home from their jobs, and who finally want to finish that 20 torpedo hit mission in their Tirpitz.

During the night, ghosts appear.

Yes, for sure to do with the playerbase at the given time.

[NEXT]
Players
33,079 posts
16,587 battles
31 minutes ago, MahBallz said:

Have always noticed this, late afternoons and especially evenings are ALWAYS a constant lose streak for me. No matter if I'm carrying my butt off, top of the leader board in every match and absolutely killing it. Doesn't matter if it's a week day or weekend.

Yet mornings especially around 3/4AM to 10AM I rarely ever suffer a defeat. :cap_win:
Also I always find the the quality of the games are sooo much better in the morning.
Anyone else find this?

Never used to be the case that evenings were so bad, but now.... Can't even remember the last time I had two consecutive wins in the evening :cap_fainting:

• I doubt your numbers
  • You win more, when you face easier opponents
  • You lose more, when you face harder opponents
  • Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
5,108 posts
20,891 battles

I suspect the game population at 3AM is largely people who should have gone to bed several hours ago. Get some sleep! 

Weekend Tester, Players
202 posts

I win in the morning most times or in the evening, but not morning and evening together. One of them is always a lose streak. The quality of games in the morning is generally better, also if there are more afk. 

Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles
16 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • You win more, when you face easier opponents
  • You lose more, when you face harder opponents

Call a myth on that. I can lose against a team of complete noobs, if my "team" is trying to figure out, how many bodyholes they can fill with glue.

• Cool 6

[NEXT]
Players
33,079 posts
16,587 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

Call a myth on that. I can lose against a team of complete noobs, if my "team" is trying to figure out, how many bodyholes they can fill with glue.

That is not myth.

Imagine you playing in a team in the worlds hardest soccer league and you have to play every match for the full length on the field. What would that do with your teams results?

Now imagine playing soccer in a league of 4year olds. What results would your team get?

Individual games might go different, but not the majority of games.

• Cool 5

[PIKES]
Players
571 posts
13,447 battles

Ummmh I suppose we are all playing at the same time in the same battle a new fight

...:cap_book: but different GMT, some going bed, others waking up, and many just beginning its journey night :fish_sleep:

Players
2,950 posts
21,373 battles

I cannot speak for gameplay at 3am as I strongly beleive I should be in bed at that hour.

Still there is a variation in the overall quality of gameplay at certain times of day, evenings and weekends you will generally get worse gameplay I presume this is because the more casual players are out in force. 

Beta Tester, Players
1,082 posts
14,816 battles
1 hour ago, MahBallz said:

Have always noticed this, late afternoons and especially evenings are ALWAYS a constant lose streak for me.

The most people are just too drunk in the mornings and they need a strong coffee and a shower. So its clear that they can play better in the evenings. :cap_like:

[H_FAN]
Players
2,924 posts
51,503 battles
59 minutes ago, Dragoner84 said:

The most people are just too drunk in the mornings and they need a strong coffee and a shower. So its clear that they can play better in the evenings. :cap_like:

True, but your sober status will prevail then. Not that I belong always to the sober category on Fridays and Saturday evenings. 

I have often very long sessions (interrupted) on saturdays and sundays where I play large parts of the day and naturally concentration and fatigue will play a role in some games. I therefor mix coop and random, so I can grind lines, missions and captains with less concentration. Those few times I play ranked I tend to do it when I am not too far in a gaming session and for only some games in a row, regardless of result.

Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Imagine you playing in a team in the worlds hardest soccer league and you have to play every match for the full length on the field. What would that do with your teams results?

Now imagine playing soccer in a league of 4year olds. What results would your team get?

erm. the flaw in your comparision is, that in a league of 4 year olds or in a pro league - everyone is a 4 year old or respectivly a pro. In our environment - you can have 4 year olds playing against pros. And when you are the only pro among 4 year olds... You think Messi + 10 4 year olds could beat an average second league team of any european contry? nope. And thats what we have in wows often enough.

Players
511 posts
8,247 battles

morning and in daytime you fight vs schoolkids and teens who don't yet understand what is teamplay. Evening you fight vs adults, unicums and divisions. There are two-three divisions per side, while mornings you rarely ever see divisions. My winrate during the day is also way higher then evenings, too bad I have a job to do and can't enjoy farming noobs in daytime that often, only on weekends. But any time I play the game while on vacation, my winrate goes to 70% from the usual 50%. 

[NEXT]
Players
33,079 posts
16,587 battles
47 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

erm. the flaw in your comparision is, that in a league of 4 year olds or in a pro league - everyone is a 4 year old or respectivly a pro. In our environment - you can have 4 year olds playing against pros. And when you are the only pro among 4 year olds... You think Messi + 10 4 year olds could beat an average second league team of any european contry? nope. And thats what we have in wows often enough.

As I said, I am talking about the average game, not the individual game.

[THESO]
Players
9,025 posts
46,055 battles
2 hours ago, Cruditatem said:

The quality of games in the morning is generally better

This.

on late evening/ night people tend to be more salty, simply because they’re tired. 

[NOCAP]
[NOCAP]
Players
730 posts
8,054 battles

No difference, teams are always formed of the same kind of players and they need to be, otherwise there would be less possibilities to frame damage^^

Players
6,338 posts
13,047 battles
On 2/8/2020 at 8:12 AM, MahBallz said:

Anyone else find this?

3 hours ago, MahBallz said:

Its evening again :cap_fainting:

6Kf7sQ.jpg

Time for you to go to bed, you're just too tired to play well anymore :Smile_Default:

:Smile-_tongue:

Players
543 posts

Because the evenings attracts players with the least amount of brain cells that have no idea what they are doing and have no business playing.  I.E. refusing to cap, refusing to move, refusing to help refusing to move unless an enemy ship appears then they hide.  

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
774 posts
14,566 battles

As stated above by others. I play ranked in the weekend mornings as there is less skilled players then.

My performance in CB is garbage as you meet there people who are inclined to do well.

Obviously after whole day of gaming you will become tired in the evening.

Why less skilled people play this game on weekend morning I have no idea, but I am happy with that.

Players
2,147 posts
16,474 battles

I haven't noticed what the op is saying, and on the few occasions when I was both able and willing to stay up late at night for ships, the teams would get extremely bad once past 2 AM mark, it's much better to be in bed at that time. Afternoons and evenings were mostly "fine", as in, not crappier than usual. I'm just glad the christmas patch teams are behind us, less said about them, the better.

That being said, if a certain time works for you better, just play then, I guess. If your WR improves as a result, you were right. If it doesn't, assume confirmation bias.

Sign in to follow this