Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

Is Moskva worth grinding?

94 comments in this topic

Players
2,654 posts
10,353 battles

Is Moskva worth grinding, apart from becoming a premium ship? I don't see much Moskvas around in battles, I wonder why.

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,261 posts
14,813 battles

Worthiness is hard to judge for someone else. Moskva is similar to Stalingrad a quite powerful radar-cruiser if played properly. You can see a lot more Moskvas in CB currently. 

Players
2,147 posts
16,474 battles

It's a strong ship I personally don't like all that much. Just not my thing. In general I prefer mobile to more static cruisers. It's hard to gauge if you'd like her or not. It's not like you can check earlier in the line either, because she plays nothing like the tiers below her.

Overall, just on the merit on her becoming a reward ship, and that legendary modules are going to become RB only, I'd grind the line in time to drop the LM mission for it, then you have until the end of the year to get it. She's very, very accurate with the module on.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
9,054 posts
46,198 battles

I did grind it in times there was no Stalingrad. Every T10 is worth grinding btw. 

• Cool 9

Players
5,430 posts
14 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

I did grind it in times there was no Stalingrad. Every T10 is worth grinding btw. 

Actually they are not. I hardly play any of the tier X ships because tier X matches are the worst of all tiers if you're looking to have fun. Most players have '!earned' that it's all about grinding damage, not having fun by then.

• Cool 11
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
9,054 posts
46,198 battles
Just now, Europizza said:

Actually they are not. I hardly play any of the tier X ships because tier X matches are the worst of all tiers if you're looking to have fun. Most players have '!earned' that it's all about grinding damage, not having fun by then.

Well. I do play them. So if you don't like T10 you don't have any coal or steel ones. 

Playing your T10s in random is crucial for CB so you can know your ship capabilities and limitations. 

• Cool 4

[SHAD]
Players
4,656 posts
17,529 battles

Yes it's worth it as it's a very unique ship.

It's a ship where you position yourself and park always keeping bow on to the enemy, in this way you can tank 3 million potential damage while setting fires. It's AP is great at citadelling cruisers at long range and some battleships at close range but ovepens against lightly armoured cruisers when broadside.

Be aware, There is no ship that feeds battleship AP into it's citadel as well as a broadside Moskva!!

• Cool 2

[PIKES]
Players
577 posts
13,566 battles

There is an old Flamu YT comparing the T10 cruisers given a fair comparison . I cannot say something about her by myself but if I have  the opportunity it will be in my collection soon.

[OCTO]
Players
395 posts
8,712 battles

Pretty much everything that is RU *made is worth grinding.

Moskva is a strong ship but not very maneuverable.

Moskva is also one of the backbone cruisers for CB.

*made = non existent in real live but brought from fantasy dreams in this game.

[SHAD]
Players
4,656 posts
17,529 battles
4 minutes ago, neorvo said:

There is an old Flamu YT comparing the T10 cruisers given a fair comparison . I cannot say something about her by myself but if I have  the opportunity it will be in my collection soon.

Russian ships are He/Him not She/Her.

How dare you mis-gender him!.....

• Funny 3

Players
2,147 posts
16,474 battles
4 minutes ago, roco4 said:

Lidl stalin, which sadly means still great. 

There are differences that make it more of a sidegrade. Ability to mount hydro actually makes it better in some situations. Guns aren't as potent, of course.

[PIKES]
Players
577 posts
13,566 battles
8 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Russian ships are He/Him not She/Her.

How dare you mis-gender him!.....

Upsss :Smile_facepalm: at my age and these times I am confusing  the genders :cap_cool:

As said by an old capitan: in time of war WW-I all hole is a trench .

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ADRIA]
Players
347 posts
11,804 battles
2 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Is Moskva worth grinding, apart from becoming a premium ship? I don't see much Moskvas around in battles, I wonder why.

If you play CBs then certainly yes, Moskva is one of the mainstays in CBs just like DM. Otherwise depends on what playstyles you like. It is a good ship though.

• Cool 1

[PERMA]
Players
1,738 posts
15,105 battles

yes

and this is why you dont see that many :-

Your spotted from the moon.

• Cool 2

Players
243 posts
18,435 battles

God, yes, she is a must.

One of the distinctive traits of the new russian cruisers will be the inability to accurately hit anything beyond mid-range. The Moskva however will remain unaltered, as per the Stream. Especially with the legendary upgrade (the mission for which it is attainable for is still available to unlock for a few days - after that it's RB-stuff) she is, and will remain a precision hitter even at 20km, according to current WG-plans. Judging from the direction the line(s) will take, Moskva will be a great combination of the two lines: accurate, yet still high caliber guns with insane ballistics. With exceptionally good armor, being able to reliably bounce BB fire. With just  a 10.3 sec reload. She is actually very fun in randoms, and the backbone of a CB team. 

The two main reasons people hate the Moskva is:

- A big citadel which will be punished if you broadside with it (people playing cruisers usually learn this general trait of cruisers at arond t6-t7),

- It doesn't excel at damage farming, it is only good at massively influencing the outcome of the game. Most players know how to shoot. Only few know how to think. 

I personally love her, and I would proudly recommend it. Even the permacamo is awesome. 
shot-20_02.07_11_27.48-0367.thumb.jpg.7a41c47ac8354a830f95475547c11bda.jpg

• Cool 4

Players
5,430 posts
1 hour ago, MacArthur92 said:

Well. I do play them. So if you don't like T10 you don't have any coal or steel ones. 

Playing your T10s in random is crucial for CB so you can know your ship capabilities and limitations. 

I have plenty of tier X ships of all sorts, all I'm saying is that they are not worth grinding. :Smile_teethhappy:

[DREAD]
Players
690 posts

Because Stalingrad exists. :D

It seriously powercrept Moskva in almost every aspect. So nobody who has access to Stalingrad plays it.

But like you said, it will become a premium/ reward ship. So... imo. better earn it now than buying it for coal, because we will surely need our coal otherwise! Even if you use it just as captain trainer. Also it will, most likely get a free camo as a rewardship.

AND it is possible! that we get the new Tier 10 then as well, maybe even with a camo. (The last point is subject to debate).

Players
10,872 posts
12,542 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Newman said:

There are differences that make it more of a sidegrade. Ability to mount hydro actually makes it better in some situations. Guns aren't as potent, of course.

Still able to perforate BB grade armor <10km, as penetration isn't far from large cruisers with 305mm guns.

Meanwhile 50mm plating everywhere brings balans mixed with hardbass. And very high citadel brings cyka blyat when you're caught with pants down

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this