You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

British Battleships

26 comments in this topic

[PERMA]
Players
1,738 posts
15,107 battles

HMS Vanguard and HMS Hood in real life had Torpedoes, do you think the " lack of " in game, effects the sales and desirability of both ships?

I think it does.

image.thumb.png.8a19cb315aa697529d57f7e96851e6ea.png

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Remember how we used to get -50% discount on T2-5 Premium ships, -30% discount on T6-7 Premium ships and -15% discount on T8 Premium ships "back in the days", often changing once a week, so there was always something on offer. Both in the premium shop and for doubloons in the game. And not for a bloated bundle, but also just for the standalone ship. 

Yeah, this offer is far from that.

• Cool 11

[FIFO]
Beta Tester
146 posts
13,855 battles

Being a Brit, I have bought a good many of the historical British ships including the Hood. I did so more for collecting them than for playing them, but do use them regularly in Randoms and Scenarios. I picked up my Hood for about 17 Euros if memory serves, not in a bundle.

I play it.

I enjoy it.

I have better-than-average stats in it.

I don't recommend HMS Hood for this price in a bundle.

It can be difficult to use and there are easier ships out there to play at cheaper price points.

• Cool 3

Modder, Alpha Tester
1,822 posts
1,075 battles
32 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

HMS Vanguard and HMS Hood in real life had Torpedoes, do you think the " lack of " in game, effects the sales and desirability of both ships?

I think it does.

image.thumb.png.8a19cb315aa697529d57f7e96851e6ea.png

Wrong Vanguard. This is the one your Wikipedia post references:

Image result for hms vanguard pre dreadnought

• Cool 3

[PERMA]
Players
1,738 posts
15,107 battles
42 minutes ago, zFireWyvern said:

Wrong Vanguard. This is the one your Wikipedia post references:

Image result for hms vanguard pre dreadnought

Oh Poo 

Sorry..

• Funny 2

[_TWT_]
[_TWT_]
Players
97 posts
4,100 battles
35 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Remember how we used to get -50% discount on T2-5 Premium ships, -30% discount on T6-7 Premium ships and -15% discount on T8 Premium ships "back in the days", often changing once a week, so there was always something on offer. Both in the premium shop and for doubloons in the game. And not for a bloated bundle, but also just for the standalone ship. 

Yeah, this offer is far from that.

Remember how we used to get ONLY ships in bundles with lots of useless stuff, just so the price would be higher?
Im guessing those days are coming back... 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,801 posts
6,795 battles
4 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

Battleships Vanguard and Hood are available in the Premium Shop at favorable prices!

You guys sure have some weird definition of "favourable price" :cap_old:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4

Players
8,474 posts
9,441 battles

Pay 32 Euro for Hood on its own (+ port slot and crappy captain) undiscounted, or pay 46 Euro for Hood + a few expendable items, 2.5k doubloons and exp missions. What a bargain!

For those 46 Euro, you could even get undiscounted Vanguard without any of the add-ons. It's not even permacamo...

• Cool 3

[PERMA]
Players
1,738 posts
15,107 battles
15 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

Pay 32 Euro for Hood on its own (+ port slot and crappy captain) undiscounted, or pay 46 Euro for Hood + a few expendable items, 2.5k doubloons and exp missions. What a bargain!

For those 46 Euro, you could even get undiscounted Vanguard without any of the add-ons. It's not even permacamo...

There is Big Problem with HMS Hood and its this :-

image.png.c9186b98ce34d74232bd99b1e9c75e5a.png

• Cool 2

[BEIC]
Players
10 posts
17,268 battles

Surely it cannot be hard to make the proper HMS PRINCE OF WALES. Id buy that ship.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Prince_of_Wales_(53) 

• Cool 2

Players
1,075 posts
15,102 battles
6 hours ago, britinmadrid said:

Being a Brit, I have bought a good many of the historical British ships including the Hood. I did so more for collecting them than for playing them, but do use them regularly in Randoms and Scenarios. I picked up my Hood for about 17 Euros if memory serves, not in a bundle.

Same. £15.22 in the 2019 summer sale without the bloat.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
898 posts

Vanguard - in real life probably the most technically advanced and durable BB ever built, radar-controlled everything, formidable armour scheme, superb sea performance.

Vanguard - in game an eggshell ship with no tools that sees tier 10 about 80% of the time (mine does, anyway).

Lol, I literally just completed a WG survey about premium ships!

• Cool 3

[4_0_4]
Players
8,541 posts
14,933 battles
14 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

favorable prices!

ot1gft8xms411.png

As other pointed out, you had better offers back in the day.

• Cool 3

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
345 posts
9,802 battles

Vanguard - a great ship let down by it's hopeless guns. It's marginally less crap than Roma in that respect, but now seems to have British BB Sky Citadel(tm) somewhere above the funnels.  

Hood - a great ship that was let down by it's hopeless guns, until they buffed them at about the same time they screwed VII matchmaking. The other thing about Hood is that it really needs space to be played like Azuma/Yoshino, and the current point blank meta doesn't help... neither does the small maps it often sees. 

Of the two, Hood is the one I'm more likely to play voluntarily. Vanguard is reserved for post-Lenin games when I need to restore balance to my seal-clubber compass

[-RNR-]
Players
1,583 posts

This has got to be the sorriest sale I've ever come across anywhere ever, What Wargaming have done at the Royal Navy Battleship line beggers belief, from ridiculous turret travers to poor ship armour, citadels in the sky to under powered guns. so WG screw them over then tell us vastly hiking the price of them and adding dross to the package is a bargain, How Stupid Do You Think The Player Base Is FGS???... No don't answer that, just don't :Smile_coin:

[OLEUM]
Players
61 posts
21,753 battles

Vanguard was the worst rip off back in the time it was introduced and I bought it in discount. At least it had decent AA back then. After CV rework it even lost that one and has crappy AA (no compensation of course... THX WG), no armor, absurd firing angles and is shooting rubber so it doesn't matter that it is acurate and has fast rudder shift. It is more fun as it is more responsive but after 3 games you realize that you are useless for the team. Don't know Gaskogne which is supposed to be bad T8 BB but this one is right next to it or even worse. Hood is way better in its tier, has more to offer even though CV rework aslo took away it's special AA.

• Cool 1

[C4K3]
Players
284 posts
17,251 battles

I saw that the commoritive flag was inclueded in the offer but even if it containes all credits and doublons 25/25 and some economics and that I would get 9700 in compensation because I have the ship it is stil a very expensive flag.

I was collecting the stuff in this game at the beginning but noticed how gready WG are even with items as patches, flags and commanders. All of a sudden I only recieving duplicates in my daily containers and I cant use them for anything as I can in the collections. I think that I'm being punished for speaking openminded. My wallet will be cloesed for anything that isn't nessesary. My days as collector is over. From now on I will only play with what I have. Early access is a joke. I can grind all new ships and I don't need any more premiumships as I allready have all those rare ones; Musashi, Missouri, Kronstadt etc. I do have the top emblem for collectors. In next update WG will cheat me on 11600 steel that I paied for Flint after the new year event. if I had known thier plans I would have saved it for Bourgogne.

I have written to mr Conway and crysantos about the european dd,s and I have asked them  questions on this forum but they don't reply. I guess that I'm being dissed.

100px-HMS_Småland_vapen.svg.png

images.jpg

[FIFO]
Beta Tester
146 posts
13,855 battles
On 2/7/2020 at 5:20 PM, DanSilverwing said:

Same. £15.22 in the 2019 summer sale without the bloat.

This!

WG is a business and will charge whatever people are stupid enough to pay. Fair enough - standard business practice across the world.

Solution? Save your money and buy DOUBLE the vessels in the sales that come at summer and Black Friday. Plus, if everyone closed their wallets those sales would come more often. Anyone who buys a bundled ship is probably (not always) wasting their money.

• Cool 1

Players
282 posts
3,035 battles

Vanguard for £50? Lol no, £5 and maybe I'll get that junker to complete the RN BB set.

It's 'long range' guns are shorter than most of the other 15'' gun BBs, it has no consumables, the wrong secondaries, a poor turning circile and armour designed to eat all the damage. It's an insult to the real ship.

• Cool 3