Deep61

clan recruitment

6 comments in this topic

Question

[D61]
Players
78 posts
10,083 battles

I am finding it exceedingly difficult to recruit members to my newly formed clan.

Is there any better way than just inviting people who are not in a clan already who I notice do well in battles?

I can never seem to get them all on together and some do not even reply to messages sent to them.

Many thanks in anticipation of helful answers.

5 answers to this question

[AAO]
Players
1,597 posts
21,623 battles

Marketing 101:
Ppl tend not to care about a clan or a person they have never heard about.

Try to build a rapport first. If they have played well contact them and compliment them on the match.

Try to get a bit of a conversation going and then ask them personally whether they are interested in joining you in your clan.

Personally I tended to instantly dismiss invitations from people that didn't previously contact me.

I figure if I'm not worth someones time he's not worth any of mine.

Players
1,432 posts
9,429 battles

In my experience, there are some clans who sent invitations to me. When I receive a blind invitation I think that it's just someone who randomly sent invitations to anyone, not really caring about who they invite. I entered a clan like that and nobody ever talk (heck, in my latest one there was someone who I would meet ocacionally in scenario battles and didn't even answered "hi" when I greet them).
Once I had my own clan (where I was there alone, to gather my own oil) and someone convinced me to enter into their clan. I dissolved mine and waited for 3 days and I never got the invitation... What a waste.
Other times I was in the waiting period after leaving a clan and someone even talked to me inviting me to enter their clan (a valid invitation) but it already happened that I agreed but was quite wasted (drunk) and I didn't even remembered to who I talked to. And of course the invitation never arrived after the 3 days.

Or perhaps the requeriments are too high? I remember a clan which invited me but was mandatory to have whatsapp. That is something I really loathe (the only phone message system I ever use it's SMS).
Also in my case I hate to use external programs to chat. Not only because I'm not used at all to interact with people, but also I need to close everything in order to load the game (otherwise the game would run out of ram and would have to use the swap file, giving me "hiccups" in my gameplay)

[D61]
Players
78 posts
10,083 battles

yes I have a few in my clan that joined because of pressures to only use this type of ship on saturdays,I do not want anything like that I just want people who are wanting to play continuously on a weekly basis or even daily