You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Do you use the "Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2" upgrade in Slot 6 on Tier IX/X USN BBs?

46 comments in this topic

[KAKE]
Players
2,801 posts
6,795 battles

Don't have any applicable ships yet.

I'm interested in hearing what people have to say about it, though.

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,261 posts
14,837 battles
5 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Do you use the "Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2" upgrade in Slot 6 on Tier IX/X USN BBs?

of course yes. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,262 posts
4,451 battles

Of course i do, i only have Georiga as the Tier 9 american BB, but i'll use it on both Iowa and Montana (when i'll have them)

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,975 posts
13,870 battles

of course i do use it on my Arkansas Beta

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
187 posts
9,877 battles

Yes.

My first US BB was Missouri - i thought "reload or accuracy". Took accuracy module.

Two great games and 3 dev strikes later, I never looked back. Using same on the Montana and used it on Iowa. 

I even use it on Georgia.

• Cool 2

Players
1,257 posts
14,356 battles

Make it a poll. 

But yes i do, gotta love a missouri with 27km range & laser accuracy. 
Well actually, a missouri is pretty okay without upgrades simply cause missouri :P

Obvs i also use the Artillery plotting mod (1?) in slot 3

[PERMA]
Players
1,738 posts
15,109 battles

I have played with a number of builds on US BB,s.. Depending on how you play, there is a case to build a tank build, however I like this:-

Using BFT and AFT to pick up one your biggest threats ie a dd, when they start suddenly shooting its usually a dd in range, then using PT when you have spotted the dd, to find out when the dd has used his torps, hopefully your main battery is ready to fire, you then engage the dd with single turret shots. Sequential Firing.

I am in love with RPF and MFC, on my BB,s ( I have a different dedicated Captain for a dd hunter build ) I like the idea of a dd being told its spotted and not believing any BB would have RPF, thus the psychology is the dd thinks theirs a dd body guard with the BB, which in theory slows them down from aggression.  

ATP2 synergies well  

image.thumb.png.fb2a81d82f10936d49b46386857a40ff.png

If you do not tank build you may also want to consider DCPM1 as a back up

image.png.a212b232cd63b20417784e72c66e5f31.png

• Funny 3

Players
8,092 posts
245 battles

I do on georgia, theres barely any modules worth taking at in that slot from what i remember last time i played.

[THESO]
Players
1,748 posts
20,279 battles

I assume I can aim correctly, so getting a better dispersion is better than throwing more ... at the wall. Yes plotting room all the way.

55 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

image.png.b6a726f70f842f0de730786d1b9a942f.png

I do currently, subject to it being changed.

... to the range mod, which you already use on your Republique to kite Yamato at 30km?

• Funny 2

[PERMA]
Players
1,738 posts
15,109 battles
1 minute ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

I assume I can aim correctly, so getting a better dispersion is better than throwing more ... at the wall. Yes plotting room all the way.

... to the range mod, which you already use on your Republique to kite Yamato at 30km?

On Republique I use RPF and

image.png.0f6b202cb3d776c4ddf6dd2a90022ff4.png

I go hunting in Republique, even though I am not keen on only 8 guns.

Not sure that answers your question @HMS_Kilinowski ?

[THESO]
Players
1,748 posts
20,279 battles
Just now, Barracuda_111 said:

Not sure that answers your question @HMS_Kilinowski ?

I just remembered you posting a screenshot of a Republique with range mod, which you described as a counter to Yamato due to the range advantage. So I was curious if that still was a thing for you.

[PERMA]
Players
1,738 posts
15,109 battles
1 minute ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

I just remembered you posting a screenshot of a Republique with range mod, which you described as a counter to Yamato due to the range advantage. So I was curious if that still was a thing for you.

Currently I am using the above, I dont see that many Yamatos, right now, I do think they may come back in vogue as a CC is talking about them.

[WTFNO]
Players
752 posts
13,407 battles

On Georgia. With only 6 guns I feel like reducing the dispersion. Not sure about the actual effect though, should have made some stats.

Players
8,474 posts
9,441 battles
56 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

I have played with a number of builds on US BB,s.. Depending on how you play, there is a case to build a tank build, however I like this:-

Using BFT and AFT to pick up one your biggest threats ie a dd, when they start suddenly shooting its usually a dd in range, then using PT when you have spotted the dd, to find out when the dd has used his torps, hopefully your main battery is ready to fire, you then engage the dd with single turret shots. Sequential Firing.

I am in love with RPF and MFC, on my BB,s ( I have a different dedicated Captain for a dd hunter build ) I like the idea of a dd being told its spotted and not believing any BB would have RPF, thus the psychology is the dd thinks theirs a dd body guard with the BB, which in theory slows them down from aggression.  

ATP2 synergies well  

image.thumb.png.fb2a81d82f10936d49b46386857a40ff.png

If you do not tank build you may also want to consider DCPM1 as a back up

image.png.a212b232cd63b20417784e72c66e5f31.png

You know, you could run secondary mod in 6th slot, it makes a hell of a difference.

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,889 battles

Always range mod + spotterplane + AFT, to gun even further, where possible to be useful even in A1. In Yamato use Target Acquisition System Modification 1 to extend your view range, it's also useful against torps as bonus.

Too bad US BB's cant mount double range. So Secondary Battery Modification 2 is my choice. It gives a 20% boost, Main Battery Modification 3 is only 12%.

And well yes, Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2 is a fine mod.

• Funny 1

[PERMA]
Players
1,738 posts
15,109 battles
12 minutes ago, Bunny_Lover_Kallen said:

You know, you could run secondary mod in 6th slot, it makes a hell of a difference.

I have tried it @Bunny_Lover_Kallen  brings it around 2.8 sec I using the 30 sec reload on the main rifles at the moment and trying to engage at 13 km  leaving me 1km disengagement area, But I agree with you it does make a large difference.