Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Conan_Librarian_

Georgia or Jean Bart?

31 comments in this topic

Players
6,058 posts
12,094 battles
24 minutes ago, _Conan_Librarian_ said:

Is JB hard to learn? Never played BB with forward guns only, how is she during retreating/kiting?

Try Richelieu and if you like the Rich, you will most probably like the JB :Smile_great:

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,333 posts
9,221 battles

Hello,

Jean Bart is leaving the armoury in update 0.9.3 so that is a good shout. She is a good ship but if you have no french captains or ships, it can be a miss. Georgia is a strong ship and worth it too but Thunderer honestly is worth the wait in my book.

Regards,

Minia

• Cool 4

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,559 battles

Get the JB now before removal, the other 2 later. 

All 3 excellent and fun ships. 

[GW_KR]
Players
328 posts
14,994 battles

I dont have Georgia or Thunderer, only Jean Bart. But that ship is dead fun! Very entertaining even though I am a poor bb driver!😊

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles

Both are excellent ships, so all things being equal, I'd say you couldn't go wrong with either. As others have indicated above, though, the JB is being removed in two months, so it's a no brainer. You can get the Georgia later, she'll likely stay available for at least another year. Thunderer is a fairly new addition so she's unlikely to be removed any time soon, either.

JB is very comfortable to play, she handles very well for a BB, can be pretty speedy with that speedboost, the guns handle very well, you get very good AP and HE, so once you learn when to use which, and when to pop that reload booster, you'll have a blast. Easily one of the most fun BB's in the game.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,619 posts

Honestly I was at a similar crossroads recently and I went for - Lutiens, already having Ohio and Kremlin and enjoying my Hindi far more then most BBs I dodnt regret it one bit

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
3 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Honestly I was at a similar crossroads recently and I went for - Lutiens, already having Ohio and Kremlin and enjoying my Hindi far more then most BBs I dodnt regret it one bit

That choice is what we call a "yikes" :cap_haloween:Honestly, you don't know what you're missing. JB doesn't really play like a normal BB, it feels more like a roaming cruiser with very big guns. It's a BB for players who find normal BB play boring. Extremely fun. I'd take that over Lutjens any day of the week and don't even think it's subjective, objectively the JB is a far better purchase. If you can grind enough coal to get the JB in time before removal, definitely do it, you can thank me later.

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,779 battles

If you ever want the JB, you should do it now since they will delete it from the armory. If you want the best ship your enemy will hate most, take the Thunderer.:cat_cool:

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,619 posts
14 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

That choice is what we call a "yikes" :cap_haloween:Honestly, you don't know what you're missing. JB doesn't really play like a normal BB, it feels more like a roaming cruiser with very big guns. It's a BB for players who find normal BB play boring. Extremely fun. I'd take that over Lutjens any day of the week and don't even think it's subjective, objectively the JB is a far better purchase. If you can grind enough coal to get the JB in time before removal, definitely do it, you can thank me later.

I already have JB (got it like a day after it was released) and Georgia :Smile_teethhappy: its the Thunderer that got put on hold :Smile_child:

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
21 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

I already have JB (got it like a day after it was released) and Georgia :Smile_teethhappy: its the Thunderer that got put on hold :Smile_child:

Ah, I misunderstood. Carry on, then :Smile_honoring:

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,452 posts
12,546 battles

Get the JB,

you can always get the other two later..

But JB will be removed in 2 months.. you may miss her..

excellent ship..

• Cool 3

[-LD-]
Players
231 posts
9,534 battles
2 hours ago, Excavatus said:

Get the JB,

you can always get the other two later..

But JB will be removed in 2 months.. you may miss her..

excellent ship..

It looks like a nice ship, but I have two issues:

1. T9 in general is not a nice tier with too many premium ships, especially heaps of JB

2. I already have the Georgia for credit printing

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
18 minutes ago, optimal_909 said:

It looks like a nice ship, but I have two issues:

1. T9 in general is not a nice tier with too many premium ships, especially heaps of JB

2. I already have the Georgia for credit printing

1. T9 plays pretty ok these days, you're top tier a lot of the time. The JB does fine in t10, and is extremely comfortable in t9. Tier spread is no reason to skip it.

2. While the JB is indeed good at credit farming, only considering that aspect is missing the point of the ship, which is quite simply - fun. It's mobile, cruiser like gameplay equates to one of the most fun ships in the game, a far cry from static long range bb gameplay on offer by some other ships.

In the end, it's your coal, and your choice, all I can say is that anyone who doesn't get her in time won't ever know what they missed out on.

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
393 posts
8,422 battles
12 hours ago, _Conan_Librarian_ said:

I am about to spend some hard earned coal. Georgia or Jean Bart?

Both are excellent ships.

JB will be gone so I would get that first and get one of the french brother captains from armory, they have the best skills for a BB.

• Cool 2

[-LD-]
Players
231 posts
9,534 battles
13 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

1. T9 plays pretty ok these days, you're top tier a lot of the time. The JB does fine in t10, and is extremely comfortable in t9. Tier spread is no reason to skip it.

2. While the JB is indeed good at credit farming, only considering that aspect is missing the point of the ship, which is quite simply - fun. It's mobile, cruiser like gameplay equates to one of the most fun ships in the game, a far cry from static long range bb gameplay on offer by some other ships.

In the end, it's your coal, and your choice, all I can say is that anyone who doesn't get her in time won't ever know what they missed out on.

Wait, JB-s bread and butter isn't parking and point it's bow? Most at least are seen bow-tanking in one place or creeping ahead. I think Georgia is much more like a giant cruiser. Heck, with speed flag and engine boost, I can even sail broadside for one or two enemy salvos as most shells usually land behind the ship at 40 knots.

Does JB play much differently than other French BBs? I'm currently at T7.

I'm undecided to be honest, unlike Georgia, none of the ships for coal appear that exciting. At the moment I'm leaning towards Marceau being a high risk, high reward package.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,536 posts
18,824 battles

Jean Bart. Georgia looks quite similar with the fast, mobile gameplay, strong secondaries and punchy main guns, but when you attack the French thing of forward turrets gives you the ability to keep all main guns on target without showing an inch of broadside.  And you will feel as if you missed out if you don't take it... it might not ever come back, like Missouri and Musashi. I think Georgia and Thunderer will be around for a while (and by then, I might have decided which one I want).

Players
2,147 posts
16,419 battles
16 minutes ago, optimal_909 said:

Wait, JB-s bread and butter isn't parking and point it's bow? Most at least are seen bow-tanking in one place or creeping ahead. I think Georgia is much more like a giant cruiser. Heck, with speed flag and engine boost, I can even sail broadside for one or two enemy salvos as most shells usually land behind the ship at 40 knots.

Does JB play much differently than other French BBs? I'm currently at T7.

I'm undecided to be honest, unlike Georgia, none of the ships for coal appear that exciting. At the moment I'm leaning towards Marceau being a high risk, high reward package.

JB is a fast flanker. Playing her as a bow-on tanker is a symptom of a potentially serious condition, acute potatitis. I often see these JB players in typical bow-on reverse style gameplay, and it hurts my eyes every time (sure, sometimes you might get forced into it because your team abandoned you and you're now locked into that position by the enemy's big guns, and there's nothing to counter the DD permaspotting you - but that's unfortunate and can be avoided by smart positioning most of the time). You have speed boost, very fast turrets, decent stealth, good ap and he, decent secondaries, good reload, and reload booster. All of these features work best when you put them to work on the enemy's flank. I own both Georgia and JB, and both are very mobile, fast BB's, and I'm very glad to have both.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,161 posts
12,744 battles
12 hours ago, _Conan_Librarian_ said:

I am about to spend some hard earned coal. Georgia or Jean Bart? Or wait and get Thunderer?

1. JB (because it will soon be gone and its one of the most powerful AND fun BB I have ever player)

2. Thunderer (Just so strong and that HE Alpha, firechance, AP Alpha, accuracy, 20 sec reload ....... omg!)

3. Georgia (have never played this ship but this is the one im getting next because I already have the other 2) Only 6 guns, good secondarys, bit of a troll-ship. Seen a couple of good games on YouTube but I think definatly the other 2 are stronger.  

Sign in to follow this