You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

WoWs v0.9.3 - Changes in the Armory (No more "Smolensk")!

217 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,649 posts
16,734 battles

Hi all,

Changes in the Armory

renderTimingPixel.pngCommanders,

starting from Update 0.9.3, the following ships will no longer be available in the Armory:

• Soviet cruiser Smolensk, Tier X;

• French battleship Jean Bart, Tier IX;

• Soviet destroyer Neustrashimy, Tier IX;

• American cruiser Flint, Tier VII;

• American destroyer Black, Tier IX.

Smolensk and Jean Bart have become very popular on their Tiers. However, in order to maintain the diversity of team compositions at a proper level, these ships will be removed for an undefined time, but may return in future.

Due to the different reasons Neustrashimy, Flint, and Black are not very demanded for steel now and thus they won't be available for Steel, but not earlier than in half a year they will return to the Armory, where they will be obtainable in exchange for Coal.

We understand that accumulating resources for ships is a long process, which is why we wanted to warn you in advance, so that those interested can steer these ships into their Ports before Update 0.9.3 goes live in approximately two months. 

Additionally, we would like to give you heads-up on upcoming ships:

• French destroyer Marceau, Tier X. Will be available for Coal;

• Japanese battleship Yashima, Tier X. Will be available for Steel;

• Japanese destroyer Hayate, Tier X. Will be available for Free XP;

• European destroyer Smaland, Tier X. Will be available for Free XP.

The exact Updates and the amount of required resources will be announced later.

Source: Reddit

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 15
  • Funny 1

Players
2,080 posts
16,270 battles

TBH I wish these removals would happen right now, because Smolensk. Then again, the only way to remove the Smolensk from the armory in time is to use a DeLorean at this point.

So, I guess I'll skip on the Black and just get her for coal at some point down the line, then. And I guess I'm grinding coal for Marceau... The only question remaining, then, do I go for Bourgogne now, or see if Yashima will be worth it... Kind of leaning towards Bourgogne since I much prefer the mobile mid range BB gameplay, rather than static long range one.

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,649 posts
16,734 battles

HI all,

Just now, Captain_Newman said:

So, I guess I'll skip on the Black and just get her for coal at some point down the line, then. And I guess I'm grinding coal for Marceu... The only question remaining, then, do I go for Bourgogne now, or see if Yashima will be worth it... Kind of leaning towards Bourgogne since I much prefer the mobile mid range BB gameplay, rather than static long range one.

My plan was to buy the "Black" for Steel when the new discount coupon arrives in the June... now I will save the Steel for something else (possibly "Burgogne")...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 4

[SM0KE]
Players
6,187 posts
14,684 battles
6 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

I was expecting the removal of smolensk, but not that fast.

Perhaps Супер Смоленск* is waiting in the wings somewhere - eight guns per turret, and radar as well as smoke...?

*'Super Smolensk' (according to Google Translate).

• Funny 8

Players
1,145 posts
7,117 battles
4 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Jean Bart removal is more surprising.

Very popular, and very (too?) strong. I'm not surprised.

I was expecting Georgia removal as well...

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
4,254 posts
17,793 battles

Woof. Flint and Black available for Coal?  I am quite excited about that. :cap_horn:

PS WG - Can we have the Spokane or Fresno, as well? Please? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juneau-class_cruiser

Sad to see JB go, she is v.fun indeed. 

Is it time to buy the Smolensk, though? I have plenty of Coal but somehow it seems wrong. 

• Cool 4

[SM0KE]
Players
6,187 posts
14,684 battles
2 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Is it time to buy the Smolensk, though? I have plenty of Coal but somehow it seems wrong. 

Short answer - yes.

Better to not play a dodgy ship that you have than to not have the option because you don't. Besides, she's great for doing 'fires' missions quickly (even if only in Coop).

• Cool 6

Players
1,738 posts
7 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

I would get it while you can @invicta2012 there a few disappointed in discord its going and they dont have enough coal.

The only ship I really ever wanted is Black, very cool move by WG to put it as a coal ship.

• Cool 1

Players
2,080 posts
16,270 battles
10 minutes ago, Panocek said:

I was expecting it. She's very strong, very popular, and has been available for quite some time. I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened already.

• Cool 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,538 battles

I find Smolensk very toxic but it's an amazing asset for finishing any missions/directives in co-op.

Main battery hits? YES. Fires started? YES. Torps? YES. Damage? YES. Ships sunk? YES. Citadels on light cruisers? YES.

• Cool 4

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
13 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Not really. A rather strong T9 Battleship, it would be too much of a competition for the new T9 additions.

Players
10,222 posts
11,997 battles
3 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

PS WG - Can we have the Spokane or Fresno, as well? Please? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juneau-class_cruiser

San Diego. One of the most decorated CLs and mixes well with Azur Lane, should another collab happen

5 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Is it time to buy the Smolensk

I find Smol to be broken, not necessarily overpowered. Most of her damage is RNG based, so if RNGesus gives you gulag ticket, you can achieve 500+ hits and no fires and 40k dmg done from repeatedly saturating superstructure at best. Direct damage is limited to AP against broadsides (which can be very effective, mind you). No team utilities besides hydro.

She is, however, devastating against DDs and with portable skill generator she can be easy to play even in the open. But, when using portable skill generator, you need someone to give you spotting, so she can be surprisingly frustrating to play in randoms

Players
36 posts
1,042 battles

I have not played the game for even two months, I think. Still, am I correct in thinking WoWS is more high tier oriented than World of Tanks? I keep seeing these tier IX and X ships tossed around like it ain’t no thang, much more so than the tank game.

Players
1,884 posts
19,427 battles

Well I'm pleased that Smolensk will be removed and soon than I expected (although not soon enough for my liking). 

I was was planning to get the Black but I think I will wait for when she's a coal ship now

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,518 posts
8,717 battles

Ohhhhh.

Smaland for Free Exp *gg*

Yashima for Steel is a Hard Hit tough.

I was hoping to get it fast. It being Steel means I will need very long to get it.

[BOBS]
Beta Tester
257 posts
3,483 battles

Well that’s p*****d me off to see Black will be going to coal. I’m sat on over 360,000 coal at the moment, and spent months earning enough steel to get Black at Christmas 🤬😫

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4

Players
2,080 posts
16,270 battles
1 minute ago, Puffin_ said:

Those who bought Thunderer but not Smolensk and can't get enough coal in time.

That's one unfortunate step for the individual who missed the smol, but one giant leap for the community. Smolensk can't be removed soon enough. Thunderer should join it, as well.

• Cool 4

[EJDER]
Players
446 posts
24,646 battles
32 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:
  • French destroyer Marceau, Tier X. Will be available for Coal;

• Japanese battleship Yashima, Tier X. Will be available for Steel;

• Japanese destroyer Hayate, Tier X. Will be available for Free XP;

• European destroyer Smaland, Tier X. Will be available for Free XP.

Gimme now pls. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 2

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,952 posts
12,895 battles

Maybe those 3-4 german ships will be coming in the Research Bureau...

I will have enough resources for 1 ship each,

steel: Yashima (sorry Bourgogne)

free xp: Hayate

coal: Georgia (Marceau looks boring and i have the rest. Will have enough for Black later easily)

Players
2,080 posts
16,270 battles
7 minutes ago, kfa said:

coal: Georgia (Marceau looks boring and i have the rest. Will have enough for Black later easily)

Good choice, Georgia is awesome. I was debating with myself for the longest time whether to get her or not, questioning if I'd actually like a 6-rifled battleship, but she turned out to be one of the most fun ship I've played.

• Cool 3