Muki321

Finnaly done with Iowa...

2 comments in this topic

[DDGR]
Players
38 posts
7,682 battles

Hi guys!

i am just going through final few games with Iowa before unlocking Montana, so looking back wanted to share with you some insights i have gained while playing this ship.

first off, this ship is not easy. If played properly it is a very good ship, otherwise you will have a painful experience and will struggle to deal any significant damage.

When it comes to upgrades & captain build i have used the stealth upgrade and faster ruder shift together with special dispersion mod. that is critical. this mod gives you good dispersion at long ranges, which you will use a lot. this was the key to my success which came after a long grind half through the ship xp - staying at long range and sniping unexpected bbs and cruisers with your precise cannons.  This is one strategy which can give you some solid results at beginning of the game but as game progresses zou should change your tactics and should engage at closer ranges. here the speed and maneuverability of iowa comes to shine - she is great at flanking unexpected bbs and cruisers and if done properly this can give you opportunities for massive damage. at the end i feel sorry to have come so close to unlocking Montana and that i will shift my focus to her...

i have struggled with this ship for a long time since i was brawling too much and this is not the purpose of this ship, until i have adopted the above tactics which gave me best results. doesn't mean other setups dont work, just wanted to share my experience. it works great as 2nd line bb, in team with sth like georgia or grosse kur.f to lead the charge and with DM to support /radar vs dds.

hope to enjoy montana, which i believe should be similar game play, just with additional gun turret :)

cheers mates!

[N0RSE]
Players
197 posts
15,366 battles

I just regrinded Iowa after a reset and found it to be surprisingly enjoyable (I had not played it for years). Especially the new heal is great, and the guns are reliable. For not having played it since I got my Missouri (long time ago), it's now a ship I have kept, even bought premium camo for it 😁. I hope Montana will be more to your liking, it's a good jack of all trades kinda BB.

Sign in to follow this