You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMS_BlackPud

Sub Standard Play

34 comments in this topic

[SBS]
Players
293 posts

The standard of play has become so bad that I have started a new account NA. I have played in EU since almost the beginning of the game. 

I would suggest there be put in place some kind of performance level so that if a player refuses to engage or hides behind islands then there is no chance of them reaching a higher tier or something similar. I have not seen the game this unplayable in a long time. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
1 minuto fa, HMS_BlackPud ha scritto:

The standard of play has become so bad that I have started a new account NA.

“Everyone is retarded” cit.

[N0RSE]
Players
189 posts
15,306 battles
11 minutes ago, HMS_BlackPud said:

The standard of play has become so bad that I have started a new account NA. I have played in EU since almost the beginning of the game. 

I would suggest there be put in place some kind of performance level so that if a player refuses to engage or hides behind islands then there is no chance of them reaching a higher tier or something similar. I have not seen the game this unplayable in a long time. 

What do you mean by refusing to engage?

Players
6,826 posts
11,242 battles
2 minutes ago, Nit0 said:

What do you mean by refusing to engage?

Have you been playing recently? ^^ Then you should know what he is refering to. Ppl sitting behind an island the entire game just doing nothing. Running away with 5 mins on the clock while the enemy has 5 points more and only an Ibuki with 2k health left. You, know, such stuff. Happens all the time.

• Cool 2

Players
1,290 posts
19,574 battles
4 minutes ago, Xi_Tian said:

Has it ever been different?

There was a time this game was much more enjoyable. When there were a lot more unicum and good players filling the queue.

• Cool 3

[N0RSE]
Players
189 posts
15,306 battles
6 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Have you been playing recently? ^^ Then you should know what he is refering to. Ppl sitting behind an island the entire game just doing nothing. Running away with 5 mins on the clock while the enemy has 5 points more and only an Ibuki with 2k health left. You, know, such stuff. Happens all the time.

Sitting behind an island with the right ship doesn't necessarily mean "doing nothing". One Worcester behind the right island can stop several enemy ships from having the guts to push through. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
6,826 posts
11,242 battles
1 minute ago, Nit0 said:

Sitting behind an island with the right ship doesn't necessarily mean "doing nothing". One Worcester behind the right island can stop several enemy ships from having the guts to push through.  

Im sorry I have to down vote you on that one. Please dont lecture me which ships needs to be played how as if I cant judge them beeing missplayed. Thank you.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,998 posts
13,415 battles
7 minutes ago, Nit0 said:

I've seen BBs do this and that was over a year ago.  I was in a DD and wasn't getting any support against three or four enemies that I had spotted and was engaging.   I asked the BB  iit was a top tier BB as well) several times to support and even pinged them on the map - nothing happened.

I ended up leaving the flank and the BB was still there when the enemy DD and a cruiser flanked them - the enemy BB was following them.  They were firing across the map but not supporting the flank they were on (they could not fire to support me as they were hugging the island).

[N0RSE]
Players
189 posts
15,306 battles
5 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Im sorry I have to down vote you on that one. Please dont lecture me which ships needs to be played how as if I cant judge them beeing missplayed. Thank you.

It would help to have at least 1 battle in said ship before having an opinion about it.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[N0RSE]
Players
189 posts
15,306 battles
4 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

I've seen BBs do this and that was over a year ago.  I was in a DD and wasn't getting any support against three or four enemies that I had spotted and was engaging.   I asked the BB  iit was a top tier BB as well) several times to support and even pinged them on the map - nothing happened.

I ended up leaving the flank and the BB was still there when the enemy DD and a cruiser flanked them - the enemy BB was following them.  They were firing across the map but not supporting the flank they were on (they could not fire to support me as they were hugging the island).

Sounds like an ostrich who have buried his face in the sand 😂

• Cool 1

Players
6,826 posts
11,242 battles
Just now, Nit0 said:

It would help to have at least 1 battle in said ship before having an opinion about it.

Yup, im sorry that you have to continue down that path, even getting personal. Cant help but block ya, if you cant discuss, sorry bro.

3 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

I've seen BBs do this and that was over a year ago.  I was in a DD and wasn't getting any support against three or four enemies that I had spotted and was engaging.   I asked the BB  i(it was a top tier BB as well) several times to support and even pinged them on the map - nothing happened.

Yea and now there is even the option to disable chat - the complete wrong direction if you ask me. And what you said, reminded me of this game a couple of days ago:

image.png.569865247588ddb81f271aeb9fa31e86.png

But that Bismarck was prolly "stopping several enemy ships from having the guts to push through" huh Nit0? With a 36 % WR on his account and 8k avg damage. Needless to say: any attempt of communication was futile.

• Cool 2

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
982 posts

From tier 6 and up u need to average 50% of the grindship hp pool before u unlock the next tier.

If they aren't willing to learn anything, u force them.

Same problem in wot, were u actually sealclubbed players in tier 10s since 2016.

And wows have the same problem. Enough players have lost their way to tier 10 and flood the que.

• Cool 2

Modder
4,875 posts
22,470 battles
28 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

But that Bismarck was prolly "stopping several enemy ships from having the guts to push through" huh Nit0? With a 36 % WR on his account and 8k avg damage. Needless to say: any attempt of communication was futile.

Mayby Bismarck is playing his own RPG game as stategic reserve ? If You win, he will make a few salute shots, in case of defeat he will be the messenger to HQ with bad news. And communication was futile, becouse to be unspotted, he must keep radio silence ;-)

You think the game is about shootig, winning etc, but some people certainly has another plans like: I will patrol this sector, then will go swimming at this beauty island, go some shopping and eventually fly around in a spotter plane :-).

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,295 battles
22 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

image.png.569865247588ddb81f271aeb9fa31e86.png

The Bismarck is clearly in a dumb position. But there are more than enough potatoes that would be busy map pinging your division mate Smolensk for "hiding behind an island instead of fighting enemies at B", because the other potato opinion is that every game would be won just fine if people "grew some balls" and charged.

Unfortunately from OP's post, it's hard to determine if he's complaining about people like the above bismarck, or if he is the the sort that complains about any positioning that's not Yolo.

From what I've seen, I cant say NA looks particularly any better

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
2,171 posts
12,754 battles

The problem is far from being new ... for me personally this "sub-standrad-play" especially in hightier was the reason to leave Worldoftanks after 30000 battles. WoWs was a lot better when it started and still is. But it slowly develops the same weakness the tanks had.

It is natural, that a game develops into a few playergroups after some time:

- the "hardcore" players honing their skills in CW and ranked

- the "veterans" with maybe less ambitions but nevertheless  the will to deliver good matches

- the "Average Joe", who wants to have fun in playing, but does not really care if a match gets lost or not

- the "uncaring ones", who just click for go and care about nothing. Not where they are, where they drive to, what they shoot at or if they have a team or not.

I dont know how you would find a solution which brings all of these factions together.

Lets not forget, the game is not a simpleminded "shoot them all". You need some brains to do good and the will to learn how. Not everyone is willing to do this learning part.

• Cool 4

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
982 posts
3 minutes ago, The_Pillager said:

- the "uncaring ones", who just click for go and care about nothing. Not where they are, where they drive to, what they shoot at or if they have a team or not.

I dont know how you would find a solution which brings all of these factions together.

Lets not forget, the game is not a simpleminded "shoot them all". You need some brains to do good and the will to learn how. Not everyone is willing to do this learning part.

Remove warning signes and let Natural selection kick in? :Smile_hiding:

(Yes, I'm joking, incase someone gets triggered)

• Funny 2

Players
6,826 posts
11,242 battles
2 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Unfortunately from OP's post, it's hard to determine if he's complaining about people like the above bismarck, or if he is the the sort that complains about any positioning that's not Yolo.

Absolutly right on that one. Im always asking myself this question aswell when I read ppl complaining about bad gameplay.

And it gets more complicated in this game, because we have time, points & objectives. Like when the enemys have 950 points, all caps and an almost full BB chasing me vs me, beeing last survivor, in a Donskoi. Ive had ppl complain & report me for rushing that dude. Sure, I could kite and wither him with HE. Id would win that battle. 2 mins down the road - which we dont have. But obviously, accessing all those informations, like time, points, objectives, who is going to win, how to engage different types of enemys, how to play during the different phases of the game, how enemy line ups, remaining ships, beeing top- or low tier influnces your decisions etc etc seems pretty hard. Because I see people running, when they need to push or running when the only option would be to YOLO, all the time.

• Cool 2

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
982 posts
3 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Absolutly right on that one. Im always asking myself this question aswell when I read ppl complaining about bad gameplay.

And it gets more complicated in this game, because we have time, points & objectives. Like when the enemys have 950 points, all caps and an almost full BB chasing me vs me, beeing last survivor, in a Donskoi. Ive had ppl complain & report me for rushing that dude. Sure, I could kite and wither him with HE. Id would win that battle. 2 mins down the road - which we dont have. But obviously, accessing all those informations, like time, points, objectives, who is going to win, how to engage different types of enemys, how to play during the different phases of the game, how enemy line ups, remaining ships, beeing top- or low tier influnces your decisions etc etc seems pretty hard. Because I see people running, when they need to push or running when the only option would be to YOLO, all the time.

Well, in this game and in wot there is actually a thing called "rush to the enemy cap while we are being caped", cause going back to decap involves brainpower.

And I'm not talking about players being Close to the enemy cap either, they have to move across the entire map to do it.

And many of these players complain why u don't do this or that too.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,171 posts
12,754 battles

Its all these things which make WoWs attractive for me:

its not a bainless reflex-dependent shooter (... but still have nice memories playing DOOM 2 on a 486-80 ...)

it rewards tactical thinking and discipline

it has wonderfully detailed and functional toys ... äh ships

its battles are not as shortlived as in WoT e.g. Sure, it happens, but normally it takes 12-15 mins at least

But all of these points make it difficult for the casual player to be efficient, because they dont bother caring for armor thickness, angling, camo ratings and so on.

I do have a new kohai at the very moment, a 16-year old really nice guy and its really not an easy job to try to get these points him. Not that he would not want to improve, but he is just reluctant to invest these amounts of time and knowledge to really becomme better.

Its a feature of this very special game, i m afraid ...:Smile_smile:

Players
44 posts
1,217 battles

I think sub gameplay will be a mix of all the test versions we have seen so far... I not only think so I'm actually confident that it will be that way! 

[LEEUW]
Players
33 posts
5 minutes ago, The_Pillager said:

it rewards tactical thinking and discipline

Except it does not. It rewards playing lots of games by giving a sense of accomplishment even if the performance is abysmal.

"Hey, I did 10k damage in my tier 8 and the game gave me 1200 xp despite a lost game. This way I will surely reach tier ten at some point so why should I try to become a better player?"

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,631 posts
13,443 battles
4 hours ago, HMS_BlackPud said:

The standard of play has become so bad that I have started a new account NA.

HAHAHAHA

Oh boy are you going to regret that. While until a while ago, both EU and NA were in a way equally retarded (EU more as in a "we have all the caps, now we need to throw our ships away", and NA more as in "let's suicide ASAP"), and NA was in a way kinda fun like that, they have found a way to outdo themselves since a few months.

It's hard to explain, but you'll see soon enough once you'll reach tier seven and above. Have fun.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,171 posts
12,754 battles
12 minutes ago, PaxtonQuigly said:

Except it does not. It rewards playing lots of games by giving a sense of accomplishment even if the performance is abysmal.

"Hey, I did 10k damage in my tier 8 and the game gave me 1200 xp despite a lost game. This way I will surely reach tier ten at some point so why should I try to become a better player?"

Well, its not quite this extreme, but i basically you have a point.

It is absolutely possile to  climb up the ladder without doing much, thats right.

You can hang around in battle ineffectively or just doing enough to avoid being regarded afk

You can enjoy your ships by playing coop as fast as possible. You wont get high rewards for a coop game, but the numbers will make up for it.

You can buy or acquire gold ships, gather free xp and buy your way up the ladder.

Nothing of this is forbidden, nothing of this will be changed anytime soon, because its a feature. The main problem occurs when these players hit hightier, because there sometimes they can decide a battles outcome.

As a decently ambitioned player (few ranked, non CW) I will have to live with it, because i love this game.

WG wont change these things, they did not in WoT and they will not in WoWs.

Just my personal view since 2013 ...

• Cool 1