Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PsychoClownfish

I know it was wrong but...

60 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
130 posts
7,122 battles

I just pressed <Esc>  in a game and left. The game was about 6 minutes old, all three caps had been taken by the red team and my team had not fired a single shot yet, apart from me. I asked them to fight, no response, no change. I was engaging an Amagi and a DD, getting shot up but I thought it might stir them into action. No joy. They weren't AFK, they were all moving, but not approaching the middle, the caps. It was just astounding, I've seen (what I call) scared players before but nothing like this.

 

I don't get it. Why are they there? If not to fight?

 

I won't do it again. But in this case, it was either that or smash my fist thru the screen in sheer frustration.

  • Cool 7
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,120 posts
5,500 battles

Sorry but unless I see screenshots showing that you were the only one ACTUALLY firing I'm calling BS.

  • Cool 6
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEEUW]
Players
2,631 posts
10,280 battles
22 minutes ago, PsychoClownfish said:

I just pressed <Esc>  in a game and left. The game was about 6 minutes old, all three caps had been taken by the red team and my team had not fired a single shot yet, apart from me. I asked them to fight, no response, no change. I was engaging an Amagi and a DD, getting shot up but I thought it might stir them into action. No joy. They weren't AFK, they were all moving, but not approaching the middle, the caps. It was just astounding, I've seen (what I call) scared players before but nothing like this.

 

I don't get it. Why are they there? If not to fight?

 

I won't do it again. But in this case, it was either that or smash my fist thru the screen in sheer frustration.

Your most played ships in the past 7 days are: Mogami, Helena, Cleveland, Atago, Amagi, Omaha, Kaiser & Boise.

Not a single one of these ships (apart from maaaaybe the kaiser) benefits from being in the frontlines.

Aka you put your team at a disadvantage playing like that. Some teams are really passive but in randoms you often see one team playing way too aggresive and throwing the game later on. Dying and/or quitting after six minutes is just stupid. Who knows what happens in the next 14 minutes if you'd still be alive? Well not you, since youre dead and in port. :)

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
130 posts
7,122 battles
1 minute ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Your most played ships in the past 7 days are: Mogami, Helena, Cleveland, Atago, Amagi, Omaha, Kaiser & Boise.

Not a single one of these ships (apart from maaaaybe the kaiser) benefits from being in the frontlines.

Aka you put your team at a disadvantage playing like that. Some teams are really passive but in randoms you often see one team playing way too aggresive and throwing the game later on. Dying and/or quitting after six minutes is just stupid. Who knows what happens in the next 14 minutes if you'd still be alive? Well not you, since youre dead and in port. :)

That is completely accurate. It is also irrelevant to this topic. Yeah I'm sure something happened after I left. The point is, wtf is going on with these people when the opposing team has taken all three caps without having had to fire a single shot?

I am well aware I'm squishy mate. Learned the hard way too. But this time even the DD's were in the rear. It was insane.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CN_]
Moderator, Freibeuter
2,170 posts
6,791 battles

Without a replay noone can tell you why your team did this. I assume it was just one of those really bad teams, but maybe we can tell you more with the replay.

 

So if you really want to understand what happened and not only name&shame your teammates, share the replay in here. In this case this won't be a violation against rule 2!

 

 But keep in mind: As soon as anyone starts trolling in here or violates rule 2 (telling "player x did this wrong, etc." is of course allowed) this thread will be locked!

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,705 posts
38,285 battles

There's more and more passive games, both the winning and losing team don't like. It's no action no adrenaline and zero fight going on. This happens when too many people are farming damage thinking it's the way to be good. The exact same people then complain that they did the damage (mostly useless one on battleships) but lost the game. Situational awareness is something you have to learn it and the will to learn it. It's not 1+1=2, no one will teach those people how to move in the map and how to read minimap - to make decisions. 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GG-EZ]
Players
2,631 posts
13,468 battles

I believe you. Had multiple enemies like that with my games with @El2aZeR today. Reds just went to some corner somewhere, spammed some HE, and refusing to do anything even if their impending loss was obvious. They should all be banned for toxic gameplay, but apparently WG doesn't believe such a thing exists.

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
130 posts
7,122 battles
1 hour ago, floribe2000 said:

Without a replay noone can tell you why your team did this. I assume it was just one of those really bad teams, but maybe we can tell you more with the replay.

 

So if you really want to understand what happened and not only name&shame your teammates, share the replay in here. In this case this won't be a violation against rule 2!

 

 But keep in mind: As soon as anyone starts trolling in here or violates rule 2 (telling "player x did this wrong, etc." is of course allowed) this thread will be locked!

Thx for the constructive response. It's not about shaming anyone. And if it was, there'd be too much to do. I've commented on passivity before, this one just beat all. Hope to never see it again. Every game after was fine, so I will call it an anomaly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
130 posts
7,122 battles
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

c8ZfQtF.png

 

fhcXbYu.png

 

Yeah, no comment.

Now imagine your whole team hardly left the grid square they spawned in after minutes of play. You'd check your connection to see if you were actually online! :D

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,423 posts
8,746 battles
2 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Your most played ships in the past 7 days are: Mogami, Helena, Cleveland, Atago, Amagi, Omaha, Kaiser & Boise.

Not a single one of these ships (apart from maaaaybe the kaiser) benefits from being in the frontlines.

Dude, I carry on a Cleveland with full secondaries and I allways go to the frontline. It's quite fun to play!!
In the latest ranked (1 vs 1) I played the same cleveland and won almost all fights EXCEPT against Tirpitz (which there were plenty of) I even beat a Bismark, Massachussets, North carolina and Richelieu. But I couldn't defeat these damn torps from Tirpitz, and all that thanks to going full agresive to the frontline.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Modder
4,875 posts
22,504 battles
3 hours ago, PsychoClownfish said:

no response

Bear in mind, that most of the players no hablo ingles. In XXI century in Europe, after years of learning it. Unbelivable, but this is true.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
1,267 posts
16,496 battles

I know from painful experience it is hard to accept the fact that half of any random team won't make any effort to do well and a quarter will make an effort but fail. Unfortunately it is how this game is. WG decided not enforce any but the basic rules of sportsmanship. Consequently there are many players out there who can spoil the fun. The best thing a single human can do, is trying not to be one of them.

 

The good players in this game need to stop getting on each others back and criticise each other and rather mutually respect that they are here, that their stats indicate they care and they are not the problem. I often see good players getting into arguments, cause one of them didn't make some miracle happen. Understand that the good players are entitled to make occasional mistakes and that the game was not lost by the specific misplay, but by the masses of players who misplay with every button they do or don't press.

 

2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Yeah, no comment.

Unbenannt11.png.7e309869992f8b10edab0100fa42b686.png

 

Does anyone remember the attempts made to get into the Guiness Book of World Records trying to fit as many people as possible into a Volkswagen? The guys down there seemingly tried that with a square on a WoWs map ... and even doing that, they failed. They obviously were scared to death to be torped by the DDs if they ever made it into the cap. Oh wait...

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
4,387 posts
21 minutes ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

Does anyone remember the attempts made to get into the Guiness Book of World Records trying to fit as many people as possible into a Volkswagen?

Wasn't it Fiat 500 (the old one)? :)

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,846 posts
11,262 battles
5 hours ago, Saiyko said:

I believe you. Had multiple enemies like that with my games with @El2aZeR today. Reds just went to some corner somewhere, spammed some HE, and refusing to do anything even if their impending loss was obvious. They should all be banned for toxic gameplay, but apparently WG doesn't believe such a thing exists.

 

Been in plenty of those recently. I dont know why these people hit the battle button. Here a nice Bourgogne loss. We even had first blood, since my divi took out the DD in B. So we have 3 caps but everyone from our team keeps reversing.

Our CV never moves nor cares for the Gearing - which kills our YOLO Kagero 60 sec down the road. The red Albemarle (!) caps C, turns, and gets our unharmed. I actually have to kite the DD-Repu-Yama combo, deal 120k damage to them in the process - and they survive. While they pushed up to the E-line. How? I dont know. By the time the enemys have 3 caps, most of our ships are on the B-line.

 

image.png.7431031e69619705d46cc76386c5ba62.png

 

On topic: Wasnt there someone, a few months ago, that pointed to the problem of people just leaving games when they think its lost? And suggested, to remove the "back to port button" while you are still alive? Man, who was that? - if I could only remember...

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[N0RSE]
Players
194 posts
15,341 battles
5 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

c8ZfQtF.png

 

fhcXbYu.png

 

Yeah, no comment.

Clearly WG have to see the problem here. Make the maps bigger, so you don't hit the map border so early in the game 😁

  • Funny 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,075 posts
16,239 battles
8 hours ago, Saiyko said:

I believe you. Had multiple enemies like that with my games with @El2aZeR today. Reds just went to some corner somewhere, spammed some HE, and refusing to do anything even if their impending loss was obvious. They should all be banned for toxic gameplay, but apparently WG doesn't believe such a thing exists.

Usually when the reds do this, I'm in a cruiser that performs best when the enemy is pushing. Instead all you get is, you keep sailing towards them, yet they're still out of range and sailing away the whole game. Yesterday this happened to me in Nueve de Julio. 13.6km range, land of fire, t9, enemy team all sailing to map edge. These kinds of games just nuke your damage average...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
44 posts
1,217 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, Captain_Newman sagte:

Usually when the reds do this, I'm in a cruiser that performs best when the enemy is pushing. Instead all you get is, you keep sailing towards them, yet they're still out of range and sailing away the whole game. Yesterday this happened to me in Nueve de Julio. 13.6km range, land of fire, t9, enemy team all sailing to map edge. These kinds of games just nuke your damage average...

Nothing is worse than chasing the enemy fleet around with 8km torps I can assure you! 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,247 posts
245 battles

Enemies are just as thick as your own teammates, had plenty of games where they would huddle into the corner map sniffing something that was smelly.

 

Had this on wurld of danks, where peeps would just camp hard and not push a flank even if that would mean we would win the game, or the enemy suicides one-by-one into a wall of cmaping TD's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PIKES]
Players
430 posts
10,137 battles
8 hours ago, floribe2000 said:

Without a replay noone can tell you why your team did this. I assume it was just one of those really bad teams, but maybe we can tell you more with the replay.

 

So if you really want to understand what happened and not only name&shame your teammates, share the replay in here. In this case this won't be a violation against rule 2!

 

 But keep in mind: As soon as anyone starts trolling in here or violates rule 2 (telling "player x did this wrong, etc." is of course allowed) this thread will be locked!

Is there a link explaining how to set up / and see the replies to look for :fish_book:?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
44 posts
1,217 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, neorvo sagte:

Is there a link explaining how to set up / and see the replies to look for :fish_book:?

If you remember the ship you played and the date/time of day you can find them by looking at the replay name I assure you! 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALYEN]
Players
1,897 posts
3,919 battles

And then people complain about suicidal DDs ... what shall I do with no support ? I had a division of Seattle, Bismarck and Iowa from a clan one game ... the simple hung back at 1/3 of the map and never approached the cap where I was trying to do some work ... (I understand they were in a fail division and that should have been an indicator right there).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,883 posts
19,400 battles
25 minutes ago, Yukikaze_AL said:

Nothing is worse than chasing the enemy fleet around with 8km torps I can assure you! 

 

There is nothing quite as annoying as having a game with 200k or more spotting damage but next to no actual damage as the enemy team are running away right from the moment you spot them. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×