Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Catanonia

What a vile bunch of players there are out there

21 comments in this topic

Players
36 posts
3,254 battles

I understand that not many visit the forum and this may not apply to you being on the forum, so please accept this as it is aimed at a generalisation of the 90% of players that don't visit here.

WHAT A VILE BUNCH OF PLAYERS FREQUENT WoW

I have played online games since they began many years ago and never have I experienced such a vile bad mouthed, spoilt and needy player base ever.

It is disgraceful beyond words at times..

At least 50% of the time I see bad mouthing, racism, swearing and all the other nasties in that or via direct messages.

I have seen people lambasted for turning left instead of right, not doing what 1 player wants, hounded throughout the game in chat. It is just a plain nasty bunch of players in general.

VERY VERY rarely do I see some form of treating others as real people.

Reporting such posts doesn't seem to do anything either.

Is there a way of switching chat off completely as I can't find it ?

And breathe, it is just a game with spoilt idiots at times  (present company accepted)

• Cool 1
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 1

[BAD-A]
Players
641 posts
9,167 battles

Have you actually played any other multiplayer games recently?  Especially FPS?  The WoWS player base is in general quite well mannered (they may potatoe often but they are not often toxic).

If you have issues with the WoWS playerbase, you may wish to stop playing online games - or get a thicker skin.

• Cool 5

[HOO]
Players
1,952 posts
3,780 battles

Yes you can switch in game chat off via the settings menu.

Or for the occasional time chat is useful, just ignore the nastiness and play. It's what I do these days. If someone says something that is particularly bad or upsets you , just report them.

[NED]
Players
2,097 posts
8,346 battles

Its true WOWS is generally less toxic then other community's i have seen.

Still plenty of room for improvement though.

[COMFY]
Players
256 posts
2,744 battles

Its not appropriate, but its not as bad as some other games.

If you find this bad, i recommend you to not play other Online Games like League of Legends or literally any Call of Duty Game.

• Cool 1

Players
36 posts
1,041 battles
2 minutes ago, MyopicHedgehog said:

Have you actually played any other multiplayer games recently?  Especially FPS?  The WoWS player base is in general quite well mannered (they may potatoe often but they are not often toxic).

If you have issues with the WoWS playerbase, you may wish to stop playing online games - or get a thicker skin.

Yeah. Compared to, for example, World of Tanks, WoWS is playing with well-mannered kittens.

• Cool 2

[NECRO]
Players
1,691 posts

Welcome to the 21st century, where the most obnoxious criminal idiots rule over nations, where kids learn to depend on a smart phone while retaining a dumb brain, and where people live in a parallel universe called social media that further encourages them to distance themselves from altruism, kindness and empathy.

• Cool 2

[BAD-A]
Players
641 posts
9,167 battles
2 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

If someone says something that is particularly bad or upsets you , just report them.

Sure, if they say something vile, but something that upsets you?  That's taking it too far IMHO.

• Cool 1

Players
1,290 posts
19,574 battles
6 minutes ago, Catanonia said:

Is there a way of switching chat off completely as I can't find it ?

Yes there is. It's in settings.

Aaaaand breathe, they don't know they are throwing the game or sailing like bots... they play for phun! :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 1

Players
36 posts
3,254 battles

I am thick skinned, been around for ages (in my late 40's) and played many games.

Hence why I asked about switching off the chat to ignore it.

Thanks

• Bad 1

[-TCP-]
Players
227 posts
6,289 battles

As a fully grown potato, I have met this behaviour from the usual keyboard warriors. 

If they type in chat just use control key and mouse pointer on the name and click. A very useful menu appears. My modded team list can do it too. Then silence. Also report, just for the lulz. I don't think it does anything. Many offenders can be found here in forums, often defending the right to be obnoxious.

• Cool 2

Players
1,875 posts
19,373 battles

Honestly I don't find the level of chat any better or worse than most online experiences (keyboard warriors usually compensating for something) but if it bothers you then yes you can disable the chat feature, or if its especially bad submit a support ticket and follow the guidance there to show evidence of who said what. 

• Cool 1

Players
36 posts
3,254 battles
1 minute ago, hellhound666 said:

smbdy's feeling were hurt, poor sob, so sad ...

take postit and put it on screen were chat is and problem solved ...

No, just noticing the level of abusive comments in WoW that has slowly gotten worse over the last 3 or so months.

I used to use team chat in games to try and play cooperatively, but it is just not worth it nowadays and hence I will disable it.

What tipped the balance was after a game I had some keyboard warrior DM'ing me all sorts of abuse because our team lost and he wanted to vent at me for some reason.

I did laff at it privately, but can't be bothered with it anymore as tiresome.

• Bad 1

[PIKES]
Players
430 posts
10,043 battles

Turning off is not solution, cause his/her comments continues flowing to the rest of the players and you won't know what is going on. Strategically could be better is to keep record/listening all the comments and try to do your best (if you resist this, at least you will have elements for reporting him/her later if you want) Add that person to the black list could be useful, just for remembering. I don't know if the MM system then,  use this information for separating from the ones who are in our black lists. Perhaps a moderator of this forum could enlighten about is. Even in co-op is frequently found players with nasty behaviour.

[LEEUW]
Players
2,622 posts
10,277 battles
10 minutes ago, Catanonia said:

No, just noticing the level of abusive comments in WoW that has slowly gotten worse over the last 3 or so months.

Hmm what else deteriorated over the years.... Ah yes, the skill level of the playerbase did. And with it the skill difference and the irritation between players grew. 

• Cool 5

[RODS]
Players
1,471 posts
7,505 battles
2 hours ago, Catanonia said:

At least 50% of the time I see bad mouthing, racism, swearing and all the other nasties in that or via direct messages.

Some games yes, I have for sure seen some bad behaviour but I dont find it as bad as you put it.

I dont count the odd "WTF" or swearing at BB:s hiding at the back as bad behaviour, more of heat of the battle/game in my opinion

Have you ever played any team sports ? Like with footballs or hockey pucks ? (Or viewed Flamus twitch streams :Smile_trollface:)

Players
613 posts
1,926 battles

Welcome to the joy filled happy world that is online gaming chat.....

I used to play Unreal & Quake online, which was back when we had dial-up internet and had to pay for calls as well as ISP charges and it was just as bad.

Though I did enjoy playing as OPFOR on Americas Army....... (Headshoting the loudmouths & pottymouths is hysterically funny...:Smile_trollface:)

I now have chat permanently turned off and Aslain's modpack has a bit which removes it completely.

[BAZI]
Beta Tester
2,853 posts
11,381 battles

True, true, I get it. Its annoying when some ill mannered people call you an idiot. That poor ego, I hope it didnt break..

WoWs playerbase  is really super calm in general. Played 4 games of CSGO yesterday and got to hear and read more of the hard abuse (cancer-wishes, death-threats, open racism etc) than in WoWs during the last half year or so.

Yes it is sad, but if you cant handle WoWs, stay away from popular online games. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,289 posts
8,976 battles

Hello,

I'll be locking this thread now. I know the game can be frustrating and difficult to deal with at times, but please remember to be constructive on the forums. Also a quick tip, if I remember right there is a mod in Aslain's mod pack for WoWS which allows you to disable the chat window entirely. Maybe consider using that.

Kind regards,

Minia

• Cool 3