Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Sinksalot

Any Chance Of A Tier 8 + 9 OPS?

17 comments in this topic

Players
568 posts
3,629 battles

I really enjoy the OPS mode tbh and it's a great way of grinding T6 and to a lessor extent(By way of rarity), T7 ships too. Playing a stock ship and having to grind modules in a meh offering of the ship is not really fun, especially with higher tiers becoming increasing more XP demanding for each module, so I'd really love if they added the same format for T8 and T9, with T8 being the most featured with the odd T9 OPS thrown in too, just like the way the T6 and T7 OPS fall.

It's also great for grinding credits and captain skills plus it's just a nice outlet to kick back and chill. This would be very welcome at T8 and T9 too don't you think? Maybe there is not enough playerbase or would negatively effect higher tier MM? Would be nice to try it and see how it plays out though... and of course, with new maps and objectives, not just the same ones we have at T6 and T7. :cap_yes:

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Wargaming have abandoned operations since the CV-rework. There won't be coming any new ones, and the ones that were broken with the rework won't be fixed.

[THESO]
Players
4,355 posts
1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

Wargaming have abandoned operations since the CV-rework. There won't be coming any new ones, and the ones that were broken with the rework won't be fixed.

Source?

Last info I got (a month ago from WoWs stream) is that they are not abandoning them.... only that they are just not a top priority for them atm.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,125 posts
11,146 battles
8 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Source?

Last info I got (a month ago from WoWs stream) is that they are not abandoning them.... only that they are just not a top priority for them atm.

Marketing talk for : "We'll do it from time to time when we can tie it in with a special, monetarily advantageous event"

Executive talk for : "If it doesn't bring in more money, I don't give a **** "

Product talk for : "Never going to happen unless marketing whines to execs to force us to do it"

Developer talk for : "lol no"

• Cool 6

Players
1,873 posts
19,334 battles

Well considering on the other thread currently running asking for operations to be brought back Mr Conway replied with the following:

Well, we obviously know how many people play which kind of game mode and for how long.

I know that the operations have a dedicated following, especially among many of the historical enthusiasts around here. I wish I had a better answer for you, but we need to consider the entire playerbase.

We do have other cool ideas and things coming up that you will hopefully like though :)

I think we can safely say no sadly we will never get many more operations, apologises for having to copy and paste for some reason I cannot convince my computer to quote from a different thread. However the source for my quote is:

Players
568 posts
3,629 battles

Personally I play WoWs to chill out and so I actually prefer the rinse and repeat of Ops more than I do the campy negative playstyle of Random Battles. Co-op I find pretty dull but handy for missions. Ops is actually fun for me, since the rewards are worthwhile, the battles are longer than the Co-op too so there's no mad urgency to "grab what you can", instead there's plenty of targets and time for everyone to get some meaningful damage contributions. Maybe it's just me though... moving forwards up the tech tree, on the verge of unlocking several tier8 ships, I would have loved to go into a new offering of Ops and not so much random battles.  

Players
2,106 posts
9,538 battles

It would be great to refresh the operations a bit but obviously WG doesn't give a crap about them and they won't do anything to improve them. At least not any time soon.

In fact, the ones we have... have been working fine until the latest autopilot tweaks and now most of the operations are bugged and very frustrating to play.

Not sure if intentional or not but there's that.

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
490 posts
7,749 battles
17 hours ago, nambr9 said:

only that they are just not a top priority for them atm.

Never did politics or marketing? It's basically the same thing as abandoning.

And i think T9 OPS would be way too 'OP'. In the T7 Narai, or even the old Dynamo, you already can (could for Dynamo) farm tons and tons of (F)XP or credits. Imagine full credit setup Missouri gaining 3+M each OPS game.

[THESO]
Players
4,355 posts
Just now, TheBrut3 said:

Never did politics or marketing? It's basically the same thing as abandoning.

And i think T9 OPS would be way too 'OP'. In the T7 Narai, or even the old Dynamo, you already can (could for Dynamo) farm tons and tons of (F)XP or credits. Imagine full credit setup Missouri gaining 3+M each OPS game.

I did not say I want a T9 ops ... but having Cherry Blossom back would be nice, as It was fun to play.

I want them to fix the bugs (autopilot, bot transports going crazy....) ... that's it. 

As for T9 ... I would really like to see Arms Race to return.

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
490 posts
7,749 battles
3 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I would really like to see Arms Race to return.

As far as i know next ranked season will be T10 arms race.

[BABBY]
Players
734 posts
10,907 battles

Probably spreadsheets say ops don't translate into money (i disagree) and i wouldnt count on any new ops anytime soon.

Players
568 posts
3,629 battles

Lol. I didn't mean T8 and T9 ships fighting against the current T6 and T7 ops missions vs T6 and T7 ships lol. :Smile_veryhappy:

What I meant was fresh Ops challenges for higher tiers and against higher tiers. Reading your comments it appears there might have been some at one time, sorry to have missed them sadly, I guess I wasn't playing this game back then.

Not generating money? I'm sure WG have the analytics and stats for these Ops and know how things sit. Personally I spent a few bob transferring captains to applicable tiers from ships I didn't really enjoy playing in randoms or were lower in tiers and took too long to get a battle. The current Ops are great fun, at least for me anyway and I guess plenty of others given how quickly I can get into a battle, albeit with a smaller amount of player than a random so one would expect quicker waiting times. That said though, if they were not popular, I would still have to wait for a while and I'm just not having too, such is their popularity. 

It's not surprising players like playing Ops though. They're a nice feel to them, the duration is long enough, not ultra fast and not way too long. There's plenty of targets to satisfy everyone, no need to go rush off like a lunatic desperately trying to grab all you can because each class will find their own moments and locations and targets that their specific ship class is best suited to dealing with. There's generally no toxicity in chat, more of a friendly atmosphere.

There's no FF which is actually a good thing so no angry malicious or accidental or even tactical "removing" of a teammate and because players know this they just get on with their own task merrily unlike what I encounter during Co-op and randoms at times where tempers flair, one teammate "disappears" while the another turns pink. 

So I would spend money on this mode, sure, why not, it's enjoyable. Develop higher tier modes like this such as a... let's say something like a "Sink The Bismarck!" in which players must work together to take down a fleet of German T9 warships including the Bismarck as the end-game target and perhaps a Pacific themed mission "Sink the Yamato!". Just the same mission? No, it can mixed up plenty obviously. Sure the end-game is to bring down the primary target but just like the current Ops, it can be mixed up plenty with the typical 5 star mission goals to try and satisfy. 

Maybe I should attach a poll. Would you guys play this mode much or wouldn't be bothered with it at higher tiers? Would you spend as much or less money with something like this?

• Cool 1

Players
10,192 posts
11,985 battles
10 minutes ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

Lol. I didn't mean T8 and T9 ships fighting against the current T6 and T7 ops missions vs T6 and T7 ships lol. :Smile_veryhappy:

What I meant was fresh Ops challenges for higher tiers and against higher tiers. Reading your comments it appears there might have been some at one time, sorry to have missed them sadly, I guess I wasn't playing this game back then.

Not generating money? I'm sure WG have the analytics and stats for these Ops and know how things sit. Personally I spent a few bob transferring captains to applicable tiers from ships I didn't really enjoy playing in randoms or were lower in tiers and took too long to get a battle. The current Ops are great fun, at least for me anyway and I guess plenty of others given how quickly I can get into a battle, albeit with a smaller amount of player than a random so one would expect quicker waiting times. That said though, if they were not popular, I would still have to wait for a while and I'm just not having too, such is their popularity. 

It's not surprising players like playing Ops though. They're a nice feel to them, the duration is long enough, not ultra fast and not way too long. There's plenty of targets to satisfy everyone, no need to go rush off like a lunatic desperately trying to grab all you can because each class will find their own moments and locations and targets that their specific ship class is best suited to dealing with. There's generally no toxicity in chat, more of a friendly atmosphere.

There's no FF which is actually a good thing so no angry malicious or accidental or even tactical "removing" of a teammate and because players know this they just get on with their own task merrily unlike what I encounter during Co-op and randoms at times where tempers flair, one teammate "disappears" while the another turns pink. 

So I would spend money on this mode, sure, why not, it's enjoyable. Develop higher tier modes like this such as a... let's say something like a "Sink The Bismarck!" in which players must work together to take down a fleet of German T9 warships including the Bismarck as the end-game target and perhaps a Pacific themed mission "Sink the Yamato!". Just the same mission? No, it can mixed up plenty obviously. Sure the end-game is to bring down the primary target but just like the current Ops, it can be mixed up plenty with the typical 5 star mission goals to try and satisfy. 

Maybe I should attach a poll. Would you guys play this mode much or wouldn't be bothered with it at higher tiers? Would you spend as much or less money with something like this?

In case its not clear, since 2019 or even late 2018, WG abandoned any work that can't be directly and immediately monetized. Bringing back removed PvE Scenarios, let alone adding new ones? As paid "dlc" at best. If WG decides to actually pay attention to Scenarios minority in first place

[SM0KE]
Players
6,117 posts
14,594 battles

Whilst I would love to see a wider range of Ops too, I doubt that WG will do anything about new ones of any tier for the fiscal reasons others have mentioned.

That said, I do wonder how hard it can be to bring back the 'missing' Ops i.e. Dynamo, Cherry Blossom, and so on, and that's at least one T8 Op right there. Given the MM that T8 ships get a lot of the time, I would have thought that having an Op to play them in might well improve T8 premium sales slightly...?

Personally, I can live without T9 Ops, as most T9s do okay with most stuff that MM throws at them.

[OCTO]
Players
393 posts
8,422 battles

Ops don't bring money to WG as they are right now.

So there is no rush to bring back the old ones or create new ops.

On the other hand, if WG decides to create ops and sale them as ingame "DLCs" with the ability to play them whenever you want than we might see them.

Sign in to follow this