Sign in to follow this  
DenmarkRadar

When will WG start to *l*i*s*t*e*n* ???

28 comments in this topic

Players
2,081 posts
16,277 battles

The answer to your question is "never". If they were unaware that there is an issue, then there would be a chance, because there would be a chance they'll figure it out and then act. But I'm convinced they know there is an issue, and simply don't care. Since this situation isn't hurting them financially at present, they really couldn't care less.

• Cool 3

[OCTO]
Players
426 posts
19,187 battles
8 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

When the payerbase learns to play...

OK colonel, as a DD, please tell me how to counter a CV that is full on focusing me until I am out of the game? Smoke is not one of your answers. I want answers on how to counter the continual summoning of aircraft, like CV's are some divine god? How to maximize the basically RNG based nature of AA guns? Tell us your secrets. Just for reference, I am playing for the objectives, so not camping red line. Is that what I am doing wrong?

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
28,257 posts
14,932 battles
3 minutes ago, Gudgeon said:

OK colonel, as a DD, please tell me how to counter a CV that is full on focusing me until I am out of the game? Smoke is not one of your answers. I want answers on how to counter the continual summoning of aircraft, like CV's are some divine god? How to maximize the basically RNG based nature of AA guns? Tell us your secrets. Just for reference, I am playing for the objectives, so not camping red line. Is that what I am doing wrong?

When is focussing you, it means he is following you everywhere. Stay with strong AA ships and watch him waste squadron after squadron.

Otherwise: change position.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[77MM]
Players
412 posts
14,590 battles
6 minutes ago, Gudgeon said:

OK colonel, as a DD, please tell me how to counter a CV that is full on focusing me until I am out of the game? Smoke is not one of your answers. I want answers on how to counter the continual summoning of aircraft, like CV's are some divine god for one? How to maximize the basically RNG based nature of AA guns? Tell us your secrets.

I'm sure he could refer you to one of his 20,000+ previous posts. But seeing as they pretty much always say the same thing.

This game is gonna die.

• Cool 3

[OCTO]
Players
426 posts
19,187 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

When is focussing you, it means he is following you everywhere. Stay with strong AA ships and watch him waste squadron after squadron.

Otherwise: change position.

To stay with strong AA ships, I am not playing the objectives. I spend 20 minutes looking at the enemy. Rather do something else if I am prevented in playing the DD class as it should. Good luck hunting Submarines in a dd when they arrive.

• Cool 4

[CATS]
Players
28,257 posts
14,932 battles
4 minutes ago, Gudgeon said:

To stay with strong AA ships, I am not playing the objectives. I spend 20 minutes looking at the enemy. Rather do something else if I am prevented in playing the DD class as it should. Good luck hunting Submarines in a dd when they arrive.

You are taking a CV out of the battle just by being there. All the while your other DD and teammates can sail undisturbed while your CV generates a higher DPM as he is focussing more vulnerable and closer targets.

• Boring 1

Modder
4,878 posts
22,509 battles

I think that main problem is not CV rework, but amount of them in the game. Especially those low tier matches with three CV per side. Even two are too much on such small maps, when drived by seal clubbers.

[GNG]
[GNG]
Players
51 posts
10,437 battles

remove rockets from CV  make it what was before torps and bombs that will make balance,   i will say nothing about french DDs when they are matched with cvs just rage quit the battle 

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
28,257 posts
14,932 battles
2 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

I'm sure he could refer you to one of his 20,000+ previous posts. But seeing as they pretty much always say the same thing.

This game is gonna die.

Riiight....

image.thumb.png.940a3dcc0421eb9fb2e5f3b481162ea6.png

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20200201/eu_week/average_class.html

• Boring 3

[OCTO]
Players
426 posts
19,187 battles
5 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

You are taking a CV out of the battle just by being there. All the while your other DD and teammates can sail undisturbed while your CV generates a higher DPM as he is focussing more vulnerable and closer targets.

I'm sorry, you are missing the point. IN THIS SITUATION THE GAME IS NOT FUN. PLAYING IN A MATCH WITH CV(s) IS GENERALLY NOT FUN. If I want to watch paint dry, I can do that without wasting the electric current my PC is drawing from the national grid to tolerate this nonsense. But in any case, in the year we have had to tolerate the CV rework, my time spent in this game has shrunk by 90% from before the CV rework was inflicted on the game. Nothing is going to change re the rework, lets be honest.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,257 posts
14,932 battles
16 minutes ago, Gudgeon said:

I'm sorry, you are missing the point. IN THIS SITUATION THE GAME IS NOT FUN. PLAYING IN A MATCH WITH CV(s) IS GENERALLY NOT FUN. If I want to watch paint dry, I can do that without wasting the electric current my PC is drawing from the national grid to tolerate this nonsense. But in any case, in the year we have had to tolerate the CV rework, my time spent in this game has shrunk by 90% from before the CV rework was inflicted on the game. Nothing is going to change re the rework, lets be honest.

You were asking about a hypothetical situation. This did not happen to me all last year...

Players
29 posts
850 battles

Just remember the WG spreadsheet says we are having fun playing against 2-3 CV pr side..... so they wont listen and they wont do anything.

CV's is a cancer, they are really screwing the gameplay up, and im fearing that Subs will do the same.

the ones playing CV's is the ones that really hates when anybody else is having fun..... just like arty in WOT

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
80 posts
8,388 battles

Community:

11 hours ago, Gudgeon said:

IN THIS SITUATION THE GAME IS NOT FUN. PLAYING IN A MATCH WITH CV(s) IS GENERALLY NOT FUN.

WG:

Finger stuck in each ears, "LALALALALALALALALALALALALALA"

Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
105 posts
2,142 battles
12 hours ago, bai7200 said:

Just remember the WG spreadsheet says we are having fun playing against 2-3 CV pr side..... so they wont listen and they wont do anything.

CV's is a cancer, they are really screwing the gameplay up, and im fearing that Subs will do the same.

the ones playing CV's is the ones that really hates when anybody else is having fun..... just like arty in WOT

You can't compare arty with CVs, arty just clicks and does damage across the whole map and can change targets pretty fast. CVs are not as easy to play.  Also they are far less common. it is pretty rare to have more than 1 CV in high tier games and many are without CVs. Unlike arty in WOT, most of the games have 2-3 of clickers. CVs can be countered with AA, Arty can't be countered in any way besides hiding.

And it is true that bad DD players will probably die in games without CVs as fast as they would in a game with a CV, they just tend to YOLO into cap circle and die.

The only real problem with CVs is the fact that their planes can spot for other players, not to mention fighters that are sometimes used just for that. IMO CVs should have one more squadron of spotter planes that can't deal damage in any way, so that if a CV player wants to spot, he needs to sacrifice ability to deal damage. All other squadrons wouldn't be able to spot for other people.

• Cool 1

[-G0M-]
Beta Tester
295 posts
12,664 battles

In answer to the OP.. NEVER.

You must remember that WG "has all the stats", they probably do, what they lack is anyone with the ability to put them in to context, numbers on their own are meaningless but WG doesn't care.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!

If you want them to actually listen (and to be frank I believe they lack that fundamental ability) is to stop spending money on the game, it is the only language they understand.

But that will never happen, the vast majority of players will feed the beast and carry on complaining, hoping for change, doing the same thing time after time and expecting a different result is the definition on insanity.

I for one have stopped my spending, this is the first year I did not buy the discounted years premium, when it runs out it runs out. I didn't buy a Lunar New Year ship (I would have bought the DD), have spent my Jan/Feb free cash on another game and a Cobi Enterprise (just to get my CV fix :cap_haloween:). 

The only way to get the greed machine in St Petersburg to "listen" is for the player base to stop spending and that is not going to happen, hence my first response; "NEVER".

TB.

• Cool 1

Players
29 posts
850 battles
1 hour ago, BarskiPatzow said:

You can't compare arty with CVs, arty just clicks and does damage across the whole map and can change targets pretty fast. CVs are not as easy to play.  Also they are far less common. it is pretty rare to have more than 1 CV in high tier games and many are without CVs. Unlike arty in WOT, most of the games have 2-3 of clickers. CVs can be countered with AA, Arty can't be countered in any way besides hiding.

And it is true that bad DD players will probably die in games without CVs as fast as they would in a game with a CV, they just tend to YOLO into cap circle and die.

The only real problem with CVs is the fact that their planes can spot for other players, not to mention fighters that are sometimes used just for that. IMO CVs should have one more squadron of spotter planes that can't deal damage in any way, so that if a CV player wants to spot, he needs to sacrifice ability to deal damage. All other squadrons wouldn't be able to spot for other people.

Yes i agree some DD´s Yolo in and die regardless, but in a Game with 2-3 CV´s its kind of pointless a DD will most likely be perma spotted and either killed by gunfire or Rocket palnes. CV is still "arcade" like playstile, no stratigic thinking is needed just go for the DD´s or the lonely ship first.

I agree that the biggest issue is the spotting mechanincs, but its not the only issue.

My list of things to fix with the CV

1. Spotting dynamic, no spotting for the entire team.

2. No more then 1 CV pr game.

3. Remove rocket planes.

4. Or just remove the things from the game, people who want to play with planes should play World of warplanes.

Any way, the WG spreadsheet are saying everything is fine so no matter what nothing will be done about it, and there are players bying the premium CV´s so they are making money.

And still the ones playing CV´s are the ones that hate when other players have fun, and yes i do really hate CV´s just as much as Arty in WOT.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
67 posts
11,859 battles
On 2/4/2020 at 4:40 AM, ColonelPete said:

When the payerbase learns to play...

OK, how does a new/inexperienced player in a T4 DD learn and develop their game whilst there are 3 CVs per side in his match?

He/she will either give up thinking that DD play is solely about being chased around a map by aerial pests, or worse still, become CV players themselves as they see that as the Uber Class of ship.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
105 posts
2,142 battles
1 hour ago, bai7200 said:

Yes i agree some DD´s Yolo in and die regardless, but in a Game with 2-3 CV´s its kind of pointless a DD will most likely be perma spotted and either killed by gunfire or Rocket palnes. CV is still "arcade" like playstile, no stratigic thinking is needed just go for the DD´s or the lonely ship first.

I agree that the biggest issue is the spotting mechanincs, but its not the only issue.

My list of things to fix with the CV

1. Spotting dynamic, no spotting for the entire team.

2. No more then 1 CV pr game.

3. Remove rocket planes.

4. Or just remove the things from the game, people who want to play with planes should play World of warplanes.

Any way, the WG spreadsheet are saying everything is fine so no matter what nothing will be done about it, and there are players bying the premium CV´s so they are making money.

And still the ones playing CV´s are the ones that hate when other players have fun, and yes i do really hate CV´s just as much as Arty in WOT.

I disagree, you say that a CV should be totally defenceless against DDs. You can't remove both spotting mechanics and rockets, it would become powerless against DDs and you will get DDs that ignore objectives and try to go to kill the CV. Since they wouldn't be spotted by planes this would be pretty much easy for some stealthier DDs. If you take rockets away, you need to give them some other weapons against DDs or make other weapons it has more effective against DDs to compensate.

CVs can't or should be removed, they are not only a part of naval combat at the time, but the pinnacle of naval combat in the era. Besides, I rarely see 2 CVs in high tier games and 3 CVs I have never seen in any game higher than Tier 4. I agree that it should be limited to 1 CV per game in all cases, but that is really the issue. CVs are the least played class in the game and they are not included in every game.

As for hate, you can hate CVs as much as you want, they aren't on the same level as arty in WOT, they are harder to play than arty and are actually used in their real role, unlike arty which was never used in the way it is used in WOT.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[CATS]
Players
28,257 posts
14,932 battles
4 hours ago, str100 said:

OK, how does a new/inexperienced player in a T4 DD learn and develop their game whilst there are 3 CVs per side in his match?

He/she will either give up thinking that DD play is solely about being chased around a map by aerial pests, or worse still, become CV players themselves as they see that as the Uber Class of ship.

Either:

• VERY quickly
  • get frustrated, change class and come back later with more experience
  • fail up the techtree as so many do nowadays
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
67 posts
11,859 battles

It seems to me that a good compromise for everyone would be to limit CVs to max 1 per side.

Then it's part of the strategy and dynamic of the game. I get that they have a role to play, but 2-3 each side is unbalanced regardless of tier. 

CV players might experience increased waiting times, but I don't think that's an issue given the vast majority of players are playing other classes. And CV players will recognise that it is a powerful class. 

[ALYEN]
Players
1,913 posts
3,936 battles
On 2/5/2020 at 5:17 PM, ColonelPete said:

Either:

• VERY quickly
  • get frustrated, change class and come back later with more experience
  • fail up the techtree as so many do nowadays

CVs are bad for the game. QED

Is that what you wanted to say ?