Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Uglesett

In game curses

46 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[KAKE]
Players
2,728 posts
6,701 battles

Does anyone else have some aspect of the game that's just cursed for them? No matter what you do it just doesn't work out correctly?

 

I'll start with the example that inspired me to make this thread: I have for a while now had one of the Isoroku Yamamoto campaign objectives active. Specifically, the one where you need to get 7 "Devastating Strike" achievements in T8+ BBs. And it's been sitting at 6/7 since some time before the start of the Puerto Rico event. The first six took a couple of days, and then for some inexplicable reason I just completely lost the ability to get dev strikes in my high tier BBs :fish_boom:

 

Now I don't even need to complete it (and the reward is meh-tastic), but I can't get myself to cancel it either. It's just sitting there, teasing me :Smile_sceptic:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles

Not a specific mission, but ...

All (but one) of my above 200k DMG record games were/are losses. It seems like an inevitability to lose once I approach any new DMG record (and the one I did win was in a triple div with two clan mates in a game we barely won).

 

If you feel particularly funny, scroll through my stats and take a guess which of these games was the actuall (lucky) win.:cap_haloween:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,074 posts
16,199 battles

I do get ships that seem to be cursed. Usually it's the "new ship curse"; no matter what you do, your teams melt every time... best to port queen them for a while when it starts happening consistently.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
733 posts
12,691 battles

The missions for clan stuff, like get x damage, or get x ribbons, etc.

 

First tier is always easy, you cannot fail. So when I need 5k damage I will have a 120+k damage game, but when I needed 40k damage game, you may guess that I topped 26k in 4 tries, 3 of them won.

 

Every week same stuff. Like I am allowed to up the bar once. And I need to change ship or waste attempts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,074 posts
16,199 battles

Screenshot_10.thumb.jpg.65fb4768be72b7d4f8964e16a582a102.jpgScreenshot_11.thumb.jpg.b594c4cef0b26ed70c7d62e25a55fcc7.jpgScreenshot_8.thumb.jpg.0d2a4a16baf13a9dec9612c9fb47f06d.jpg

 

Kagero was cursed pretty hard for me. Usually when I was done securing my flank, getting my cap, killing or driving off the enemy DD, I'd look up to see the team completely gone on the other flank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CN_]
Moderator, Freibeuter
2,170 posts
6,790 battles
Vor 18 Minuten, Allied_Winter sagte:

Not a specific mission, but ...

All (but one) of my above 200k DMG record games were/are losses. It seems like an inevitability to lose once I approach any new DMG record (and the one I did win was in a triple div with two clan mates in a game we barely won).

 

If you feel particularly funny, scroll through my stats and take a guess which of these games was the actuall (lucky) win.:cap_haloween:

 

Same here^^

I made a few games above 200k but I always lost if it was a new damage record. As long as I'm below my current record, it seems like I can win but as soon as I set a new record it's a loss :D RNG gives, RNG takes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALYEN]
Players
1,878 posts
3,916 battles

Grozovoi ... I cannot make the ship work. I tried a few builds already but I simply cannot make it work ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,298 posts
19,580 battles

I have a curse which is, no matter how good I play my team will lose. :cap_fainting:

 

222.thumb.jpg.56942c75809d54c781acf9641d9b8264.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NHSOS]
Players
126 posts
3,050 battles
29 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

The missions for clan stuff, like get x damage, or get x ribbons, etc.

 

First tier is always easy, you cannot fail. So when I need 5k damage I will have a 120+k damage game, but when I needed 40k damage game, you may guess that I topped 26k in 4 tries, 3 of them won.

 

Every week same stuff. Like I am allowed to up the bar once. And I need to change ship or waste attempts.

or 3 times 39k+....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,423 posts
8,733 battles

When I try to use rocket planes... I approach the target (usually a dd) I set the planes into attack mode, in the switch I do a last second correction and the planes turns way too much, in attack mode the planes turns waaaaaay too slowly and despite my best to aim to the target I just can't. The whole cooldown times on planes (to get into attack mode, to attack, and to wait till the next attack) just doesn't makes sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,691 posts
38,247 battles
1 hour ago, Asakka said:

Anytime iam playing Audacious, the ship just doesnt work with me

In my case not every time but mostly same thing : can't figure why I get bad luck playing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
4,188 posts
11,272 battles
1 hour ago, Asakka said:

Anytime iam playing Audacious, the ship just doesnt work with me

Because that ship is bad :D

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KAKE]
Players
2,728 posts
6,701 battles
32 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

When I try to use rocket planes... I approach the target (usually a dd) I set the planes into attack mode, in the switch I do a last second correction and the planes turns way too much

I get the same some times, and I suspect (at least part of) the reason is that planes are far more sensitive to network hiccups than ships. One or two dropped packets when you're sailing a surface ship doesn't make much of a difference, but when you're playing CVs a bit of packet loss at the wrong time can make the planes go pretty wonky.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,074 posts
16,199 battles
3 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

I get the same some times, and I suspect (at least part of) the reason is that planes are far more sensitive to network hiccups than ships. One or two dropped packets when you're sailing a surface ship doesn't make much of a difference, but when you're playing CVs a bit of packet loss at the wrong time can make the planes go pretty wonky.

 

That's definitely a part of it. Another part, aiming can really differ depending on the CV. Trying to adjust aim with rocket planes on a Kaga vs. Enterprise? It's not even comparable. From his post, I'm going to venture a guess that this experience wasn't on the Enterprise :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,728 posts
25,044 battles

zao!...againandagainandagain... killed my stats on her (and gearing) on the module grind when they came out. gearing now i get underestimated a lot in (...>)...), but zao just wants to see me drown. every. single. time. :Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

The First Law of MrFingers:

"If you deck out your ship with the special economic flags, an exclusive camouflage and a tailor-made captain, preferably while running premium account, your team will either collapse completely and you'll lose in 5 minutes, or be god-like and you'll win in 5 minutes. Both resulting in you having a futile result in terms of BXP and credits, and thus have wasted those camo's & flags."

 

The Second Law of MrFingers:

"The most epic matches one has, are 95% of the time played on standard account without any XP-modifier attached to the ship".

 

The Third Law of MrFingers:

"The enemy ship you fail to finish off is always the ship that decides that you'll lose the match eventually"

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,870 posts
3,544 battles

Two things:

 

1 - 1.8 sigma, it's just cursed, sometimes you get really good grouping and other times, your shells jsut go everywhere.

 

2 - People not getting punished mor making mistakes, or to be more pricise, when you make that mistake, let's say showing broaside, you get punished if not deleted, but when somebody in the enemy team does it, they only walk away with some operpens or full pens. Usually they get punished too, but sometimes... they don't.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KAKE]
Players
2,728 posts
6,701 battles

I feel there's a corollary to @MrFingers' first law that states "If the first win bonus is greater than the normal 50%, your first win in a ship will be a steamroll where you hardly get any base exp"

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
11,070 posts
9,477 battles
2 hours ago, Uglesett said:

Does anyone else have some aspect of the game that's just cursed for them? No matter what you do it just doesn't work out correctly?

 

I'll start with the example that inspired me to make this thread: I have for a while now had one of the Isoroku Yamamoto campaign objectives active. Specifically, the one where you need to get 7 "Devastating Strike" achievements in T8+ BBs. And it's been sitting at 6/7 since some time before the start of the Puerto Rico event. The first six took a couple of days, and then for some inexplicable reason I just completely lost the ability to get dev strikes in my high tier BBs :fish_boom:

 

Now I don't even need to complete it (and the reward is meh-tastic), but I can't get myself to cancel it either. It's just sitting there, teasing me :Smile_sceptic:

 

This is EXACTLY what happened to me aswell!!! Had it on 6 pretty fast aswell but then, nothing anymore. Everything, which could have been a devstrike survived with few hundred or thousand health.

At some point, i stopped the mission because i felt jinxed... few games later got my devstrikes back.

 

I mean, its certainly not impossible to rig something like that :Smile_hiding:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,835 posts
11,251 battles
2 hours ago, Uglesett said:

I'll start with the example that inspired me to make this thread: I have for a while now had one of the Isoroku Yamamoto campaign objectives active. Specifically, the one where you need to get 7 "Devastating Strike" achievements in T8+ BBs. And it's been sitting at 6/7 since some time before the start of the Puerto Rico event.

On the other hand: I turned on a "shoot down 100 planes" mission recently from one of the old campaigns - and now im CV free! :D I guess ill keep my AA all the time off so that I wont accidentaly shoot down something to prolong this situation :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KAKE]
Players
2,728 posts
6,701 battles
28 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

This is EXACTLY what happened to me aswell!!! Had it on 6 pretty fast aswell but then, nothing anymore. Everything, which could have been a devstrike survived with few hundred or thousand health.

At least I'm not alone :Smile_teethhappy:

 

I had one game last night where I smacked a cruiser (Baltimore I think, or maybe Buffalo) with three citadel hits and a couple of regular pens and overpens, and he sailed on with just shy of 1000 health and got sunk by a cruiser. And I was like:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×