Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NothingButTheRain

Thanks for the ARP ships! :D

57 comments in this topic

Players
510 posts
13,180 battles

Well I'm a bit p*ssed off really, waste of time having them in the first place and thinking they were a once in a lifetime chance of earning them, especially now when they are incredibly easy to get compared to the supposed last time. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 8

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,103 posts
5,480 battles
12 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I'm sure gonna enjoy there! Finally I got some ARP ships! :cap_win: WOOOOOO!

Congratulations :D

• Cool 2

Players
1,876 posts
19,377 battles

Congratulations, the camo might be a tad garish but I enjoy having some free ships and the voice overs are pretty entertaining  

• Cool 2

Players
10,199 posts
11,986 battles
Just now, lovelacebeer said:

Congratulations, the camo might be a tad garish but I enjoy having some free ships and the voice overs are pretty entertaining  

Disable Arpeggio filter and you get free premium painted Myoko. Doesn't quite work with Kongos, as they don't have premium paint to begin with.

• Cool 2

Players
1,876 posts
19,377 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

Disable Arpeggio filter and you get free premium painted Myoko. Doesn't quite work with Kongos, as they don't have premium paint to begin with.

Always an option for those who really dislike the filter personally it's never bothered me, still thank you for the suggestion. 

[DMAS]
Beta Tester
102 posts
16,176 battles
2 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Doesn't quite work with Kongos, as they don't have premium paint to begin with

What do you mean by this? It works fine for my ARP Kongou

shot-20.02.02_19.30.35-0995.jpg

• Cool 2

[SINT]
Players
978 posts
21,757 battles
24 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I'm sure gonna enjoy there! Finally I got some ARP ships! :cap_win: WOOOOOO!

Thanks wargaming!

1355778331_Igotallthearps!kindashot-20_02_02_19_02.23-0557.thumb.jpg.b671f668621d32619a501b05b3ecb5a3.jpg

Wow, that’s some hard grinding.. not PR style hard grinding but still....

• Funny 1

Players
10,199 posts
11,986 battles
1 minute ago, ZeMalm said:

What do you mean by this? It works fine for my ARP Kongou

shot-20.02.02_19.30.35-0995.jpg

You get credit camo instead "premium" equivalent. It is something, but kinda lacking compared to higher tiered alternatives

shot-20-01-20-17-28-31-0288.jpg

[SM0KE]
Players
6,145 posts
14,632 battles
31 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Finally I got some ARP ships! 

I got my first one yesterday, with fairly normal playing - I would actually say that WG largely managed not to mess this one up.

I missed the original ARP thing, as it was just before I started playing, so I'm pretty happy about the new edition.

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
1,171 posts
3,143 battles

The time when there's actually a good grind on, I get diagnosed with eye strain so have to stay away from WoWs... 

I mean I have the 4 Kongos and another t7 already, but the principle.... 

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,341 posts
25,017 battles

I think now you can disable the camos but keep the bonuses. 

[RODS]
Players
1,474 posts
7,515 battles

Had to get one, bit stupid when the Myoko is "free" but it is a premium with 10p garbled captain

shot-20_02_02_21_24.06-0296.thumb.jpg.89cc1db3802926729d370ca25152880a.jpg

• Cool 1

[BSS]
Beta Tester
2 posts
8,121 battles

Glad to see the ARP ships back again but is there actually any way to get the red Takao camouflage without spending £40 on the ship I already have? I don't see any missions or anything for getting just the red camo for her...

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,567 posts
18,223 battles
3 hours ago, SirBlemmingtonSmythe said:

Well I'm a bit p*ssed off really, waste of time having them in the first place and thinking they were a once in a lifetime chance of earning them, especially now when they are incredibly easy to get compared to the supposed last time. 

You have enjoyed them for 4 years when most players could not. Not enough?

• Cool 1

Players
820 posts
5,479 battles

Well, I really liked them, for some reason.... So yeah, I like this initiative.... I might actually be willing to spring for Takao, depending on when the sale ends.... as for some reason I really like the look of that ship / that class.

• Cool 1

[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
733 posts
12,691 battles
12 hours ago, SirBlemmingtonSmythe said:

Isn't it normal for MMO games that something that taken you a year to complete 4 years ago now is a one day quest.

Anyhow if grind now would be same as back then I for sure would not do it. But as I have gotten them back then I am happy that people who wanted them can actually have them.

The red takao, it is ugly, on other hand, it is more uncommon than blue, it is not that expensive (as you get some doubloons for owning the blue takao) decisions... decisions...

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
4,375 posts

I was asking WG to include the -3% detection and +4% enemy dispersion to the ARP ships for YEARS.

Yes ... YEARS... apparently that was hard work .... for me the ships without -3% detection bonus are useless outside coop.

Then I finally gave up and sold them all.... I wont even ask for them again, because I have no use for them whatsoever ....

The only one worth keeping imho is Takao (Atago clone) and I did not get her as I was away at the time.

Players
510 posts
13,180 battles
2 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

Isn't it normal for MMO games that something that taken you a year to complete 4 years ago now is a one day quest.

True enough matey, they've dumbed down the game enough now so they may as well give the boats away for next to no work at all. Makes the Puerto Rico grind for one boat look pretty screwed up though.

[DC-DK]
Players
3,048 posts
32,537 battles

Thanks WG to make them full premiums, Now they will actually get played instead of being port queens. Four Kongoü's, four Myoko's and a Takao all full premiums what's is not to like. Happy I never sold them

• Cool 1

[MAS-X]
Players
431 posts
10,545 battles
1 hour ago, hgbn_dk said:

Thanks WG to make them full premiums, Now they will actually get played instead of being port queens.

I got the Kongo and the Hiei Yesterday, and now i am half way for the next one.

I am really grateful too, for being able to gain this 5 arp ships, expecially after being disappointed by the Christmas, and the Chinese new year events.

However... I really disliked the Kongo when i grinded for the Japanese BB line, and somehow i hoped that the ARP kongo class would have some difference :(

I fear that the 4 Arp Kongo class BB will be queens both in my port and my heart, cause i doubt i will like to play with them

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
28,155 posts
14,910 battles
2 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Just out of curiosity - why has Hiei a different camo, while all the other Kongos share the same one (apart from their individual glyphs)?

They have all different camos.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,103 posts
5,480 battles
2 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

I did not mean colours or glyphs, I meant the main scheme. Hiei IS different.

All nice camos though, I must say.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this