You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ungabunga

Why no CVs in matches of tier 7 an above?

40 comments in this topic

Players
17 posts
2,429 battles

Sorry, I have not been tracking the problems CV players had (Im jus aware that there's been plenty), but why I don't see any CVs in matches of tier 7 and above. I love playing my old good Atlanta as an "AA master", shoting planes down in dozens (that was a long time ago). Now Im back in the game and I am yet to encounter a CV while playing tiers 7 and above.

• Funny 2

[UKMD]
Players
139 posts
3,306 battles
Vor 8 Minuten, ungabunga sagte:

Sorry, I have not been tracking the problems CV players had (Im jus aware that there's been plenty), but why I don't see any CVs in matches of tier 7 and above. I love playing my old good Atlanta as an "AA master", shoting planes down in dozens (that was a long time ago). Now Im back in the game and I am yet to encounter a CV while playing tiers 7 and above.

statistical anomaly

I am a CV player and I spend a lot of time at tier 8 so maybe you are just having (bad) luck

also: most new players are still stuck at the low tiers since it takes quite some time to advance in the CV techtrees

P.S.: don't be surprised when your AA doesn't do much aginst tier 8 CVs

Atlanta isn't nearly the AA monster she once was

• Cool 1

Players
3,280 posts
19,937 battles
9 minutes ago, ungabunga said:

Your Atlanta got shafted, dont expect to do much in AA like the old days. This also means you will be spotted way more then the old days, and shot at.

• Cool 1

Players
358 posts
4,013 battles

Saw a tier 8 CV everytime I got a DD out in a low tier match. Guess you did not sacrifice the kitchen soup to the RNG gods

[UA-NF]
Players
427 posts
7,379 battles

there are less CVs during the day on EU server, more in evening hours. I heard they do cross-server MM for CVs. And there are less CVs on EU server then on NA.

[MORIA]
Players
7,689 posts
38,224 battles
3 hours ago, ungabunga said:

Yesterday there was CV almost every battle ( every 5 battles 4 were with CV). Today is a bit less but none? Huh bro you didn't play that much. 

[BBMM]
Players
6,362 posts
8,551 battles
4 hours ago, ungabunga said:

It is because at T8 you really need to get in a bit of damage with a CV, else you lose credits.

Even at T6 most that were spoiled with double-torp-buff for T4, will struggle. 

However... those CVs that do make it, will crap on your Atlanta even with a T6 CV. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,875 posts
19,346 battles

Can I have the OPs luck for having matches without CVs, it would make for a pleasant change from my usual run of luck, mind you I have been playing DDs a lot lately so no wonder the RNG gods hate me. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,287 posts
8,960 battles

Hello,

What kind of luck have you been having? Can I have some? 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,435 posts
20,519 battles

In terms of match impact most CV players may as well not exist, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Players
2,070 posts
16,195 battles

You might regret those words, OP, when an  Enterprise appears, and slingshots past your AA with AP bombers and just nukes your Atlanta easily. Her AA is garbage now so he can do it even without slingshots.

[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
416 posts
12,775 battles

Maybe her AA is set to  return if Notsers video holds true...

Players
3,524 posts
14,236 battles
9 hours ago, Puerto_Rico_is_Free said:

OP, are you sure that they won't magically reappear if you try playing a destroyer? :cap_book:

Btw the meme names in the forum are too damn high @Toss_a_coin_to_your_CV

Every game on NA had CV's to make up for lack of CV's on EU. In fact, had 2 double T8 CV games... that was fun being torped in my Bismark... by 2 CV's, at the same time... 2. Games. In. A. Row....

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
49 minutes ago, Toss_a_coin_to_your_CV said:

Every game on NA had CV's to make up for lack of CV's on EU. In fact, had 2 double T8 CV games... that was fun being torped in my Bismark... by 2 CV's, at the same time... 2. Games. In. A. Row....

Better 2x TB than 2x AP bombers :)

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,338 posts
24,946 battles
On 2/1/2020 at 9:19 PM, Nibenay78 said:

Your Atlanta will be pooped on like pidgeons and a statue :)

Exactly. It can shoot down tier 6 CV planes, but any tier 8 CV will crap on it. 

Beta Tester
5,216 posts
21,407 battles
3 hours ago, Ronchabale said:

Play DD:s T3 to T5 and you will have several of them in most every games

fixed that for you.

• Funny 3

[KAKE]
Players
2,716 posts
6,681 battles
On 2/1/2020 at 7:51 PM, ungabunga said:

Now Im back in the game and I am yet to encounter a CV while playing tiers 7 and above.