Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Toni112007

Why do I hate Nagato so much? or does she hate me?

16 comments in this topic

[COBRA]
Alpha Tester
202 posts
1,678 battles

So yea after about 50 battles in it, I can't make it work. She is sitting on 33% WR and every time I play her I lose willpower to continue and just want to sell and abandon Japanese BB line entirely. I had so many great games in her yet wins aren't coming. Feels like this passive style battleships doesn't suit me at all cause I am having great time in my Tirpitz. Its probably l2p issue but me hating it doesn't help me at all. The only IJN battleship I liked so far is Fuso. How do I make Nagato work? I started writing random insulting comments about Japanese battleship designs in game chat every battle. Thats how serious things have come to xd

nagatou01.png

Players
1,853 posts
3,527 battles

I can agree that Nagato is kind of a struggle-bus from the Fuso, but i think the problem is that you are playing it wrong; i did't really had the best of expirience with my Nagato, but overall it was fine (I'm grinding Izumo now). I mean, my Nagato is sitting at 42% but mostly because i haven't played it since i got the Amagi.

• Cool 1

[COBRA]
Alpha Tester
202 posts
1,678 battles
6 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

I can agree that Nagato is kind of a struggle-bus from the Fuso, but i think the problem is that you are playing it wrong; i did't really had the best of expirience with my Nagato, but overall it was fine (I'm grinding Izumo now). I mean, my Nagato is sitting at 42% but mostly because i haven't played it since i got the Amagi.

One thing is sure. I won't be playing it either after I get Amagi.

[SHAFT]
Players
10,990 posts
9,445 battles
6 minutes ago, Toni112007 said:

One thing is sure. I won't be playing it either after I get Amagi.

I liked Nagato for its accurate guns. But i had bad luck with it aswell. That said, i hated Amagi... Feels like a shotgun that makes only overpens

• Cool 1

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
273 posts
6,940 battles

Well, if you don't like the Nagato i'm not sure you will like the Amagi...Personally i really liked it. Great ship with hard-hitting guns.

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles

Not in the Nagato, but having similar experiences of just can't win. I'm grinding several lines at once, including about 8-9 dd lines, all doing fine except for the fletcher. She plays fine and I try to contest caps, etc, but most games are a loss. I had a similar experience with one of the mid tier French cruisers, win rate is something like 22 or 25%, yet fine all the rest of the line and I'm currently nearly at t9.

Maybe look at your play style. The Nagato has good guns, but cant take much of a beating.Sitting miles back obviously isn't good or going to win any games. Trying ti get somewhere to put those guns to use on broadsides whilst being able to get out or go dark if the fire starts raining in. It's not a brawler though and struggles to be effective at slowing enemy pushes if its expected to do any tanking. So you kind of end up as a second line bb to some of the tankier bb's.

Sometimes you just can't win though. I'm on the Amagi now and it feels more like a big slow turning shot gun. So if you're not engjoying the Nagato, you might not like the Amagi. Can't speak for the Izumo or Yam, but I get the impression the guns get better and bigger, but the ships just feel bigger and even less manoeuvrable.

Modder
4,874 posts
22,427 battles
2 hours ago, Toni112007 said:

So yea after about 50 battles in it, I can't make it work.

50 battles is a small number to have real picture. RNG of random teams play much bigger role in those numbers.

My example: I am much close to enemy in Seatle, so doing more kills and radar stuff, but it looks that Bufallo (which i play on distance) is doing better, but this is just too small test sample. After ex. 100-200 next games, those WR numbers should be much close together and Seattle should have higher WR then Bufallo.

image.thumb.png.47c7bfa7082f55a0d2ab8218539ac8da.png

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,445 posts

I like my Nagato apart from it's made of tinder and paraffin doused rice paper... but overall it is a nice 52% ship currently for me. Rely on the guns more, and positioning, perhaps. No brawling and no yolo antics.

Aiming system equipped!

image.png.931f4687a0957ece91771df175da2512.png

Players
131 posts
5,214 battles
6 hours ago, Toni112007 said:

So yea after about 50 battles in it, I can't make it work. She is sitting on 33% WR and every time I play her I lose willpower to continue and just want to sell and abandon Japanese BB line entirely. I had so many great games in her yet wins aren't coming. Feels like this passive style battleships doesn't suit me at all cause I am having great time in my Tirpitz. Its probably l2p issue but me hating it doesn't help me at all. The only IJN battleship I liked so far is Fuso. How do I make Nagato work? I started writing random insulting comments about Japanese battleship designs in game chat every battle. Thats how serious things have come to xd

nagatou01.png

I wouldn't call the Nagato style "passive" especially compared to Izumo and Yamato. If you prefer action packed BB you might want to try another line.

That said, your stats in the Nagato look good. The average frag is on the low side so you could maybe try to work on this by prioritising low HP targets. But apart from that you might just be unlucky with matchmaking.

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,287 posts
8,944 battles

Hello @Toni112007

Feel free to send or upload a few replays and I will be happy to have a look at how you're doing. Nagato's playstyle is not far from the Fuso's playstyle, however unlike Fuso Nagato does reward positioning and good aim more.

Regards,

Minia

• Cool 2

[-TCP-]
Players
227 posts
6,252 battles

I love the Nagato! Takes a lot of punishment, good modules, accurate and hits hard.

I play it as though it doesn't have rear turrets going forward and use the rears after a turn and kite. I ground it out for an Amagi, which was good too. The problem I have is the Izumo, I don't like it, its a cumbersome beast with no samurai at all. Its slowing me down toward the Yam. So much so I switched resources into the Italian CC line. Yam one day, maybe.   

• Cool 1

[I401]
Players
4 posts
2,821 battles

I just got this ship and I hate every freaking minute of playing it.

There's something wrong with the aiming lock too, even when aiming high 90% of shells fall short, by a lot, not seen this in any other ship ( haven't tried that many though ).

Less guns and what seems to be less accurate than Fuso and feels weaker when taking shots, I can't see how this is an upgrade in tier, same goes for all other Japanese ships I've "upgraded" to, well not so much cruisers as they are all made out of paper but still.

Fuso was sluggish but a much more pleasant experience than this.

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,722 posts
24,965 battles

she only does that to people who call her "sushi plate" :Smile_trollface:....

as on my view, she's a battlecruiser. fuso is a straight out bb which can tank to a certain degree. nagato is not. it's softer armorwise and the guns are more accurate and harder hitting. it's also faster and more agile, but u pay with less armor. mid- to longrange is hers, rather mid to make the guns punish.

in other words: fuso can more be a carry boat, while nagato is kind of in the support corner (don't take this literally lol).

[-QQ-]
Players
95 posts
5,509 battles

I hated Fuso but loved the Nagato. IMHO this ship is very strong, fast, agile with armor that can take some beating and huge guns that work even when uptiered to t9 battle. Play it on medium range, don't snipe from afar, do some close combat knife fighting only in late game. If you dislike the Nagato, you won't fall in love with Amagi as they are very similar in terms of gameplay.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this