Sign in to follow this  
Dutchy_2019

Mouse wheel to space bar camera zoom

6 comments in this topic

Players
821 posts
5,488 battles

I have seen a couple of people state in some threads that they changed the mouse wheel camera zoom function, and allocated that to space bar....

I have looked in the game settings, but I have cannot find (probably have overlooked) the setting you have to change. Can someone please help me out?

Modder
4,875 posts
22,494 battles
1 hour ago, Dutchy_2019 said:

I have seen a couple of people state in some threads that they changed the mouse wheel camera zoom function, and allocated that to space bar....

I have looked in the game settings, but I have cannot find (probably have overlooked) the setting you have to change. Can someone please help me out?

They should allocated "shift" to "space". Mouse wheel is "page up", "page down". You can probably change such behaviour is mouse utility program, but this is not recommended, becouse You willy deny yourself ability to scroll anything in game UI.

I myself use "mouse wheel click" (middle mouse click) as "shift", and "space" has two different purposes: gun lock on sector (very handy when turning and having slow turret traverse)  and return planes to CV (F - key).

[SM0KE]
Players
6,168 posts
14,670 battles
On 2/1/2020 at 6:11 AM, Dutchy_2019 said:

I may be wrong, but isn't it usually the 'instant' zoom in/out that gets reassigned to a more convenient key?

The aim is usually to eliminate the 'scroll zoom' from one's gameplay, as it slows down the transition, which can be detrimental to one's effectiveness.

Players
821 posts
5,488 battles
Just now, Verblonde said:

I may be wrong, but isn't it usually the 'instant' zoom in/out that gets reassigned to a more convenient key?

The aim is usually to eliminate the 'scroll zoom' from one's gameplay, as it slows down the transition, which can be detrimental to one's effectiveness.

Well, yeah.... something like that. 

I want to get rid of scroll zoom, and simply cannot seem to find the right keys / setting in the settings menu.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,168 posts
14,670 battles
27 minutes ago, Dutchy_2019 said:

I want to get rid of scroll zoom, and simply cannot seem to find the right keys / setting in the settings menu.

Scroll zoom (I believe) can't be entirely deactivated (this is a good thing though, as subtle tweaks to zoom can sometimes be useful).

For the 'instant' zoom/unzoom ('Artillery Camera), the default key is Shift; to map to something different, click on the button to the right of that marked 'Shift' (blank by default) and then press/click whatever you want the new key to be.

For example, I have my secondary key for AA sector reinforcement mapped to a spare button on my mouse.

BTW, unless I absolutely have to change the main button binding, I usually leave it alone, so I can see what the default is, which occasionally comes in handy...

Sign in to follow this