Afghanicus

Collections

6 comments in this topic

Question

Players
2,106 posts
9,538 battles

Just to double-check...

There are only 2 permanent collections, right? (IJN Yamamoto and USN Cruisers)

All others are "arsenal collections" and the only way to obtain any items is to pay 1,000 coal for a single collection container, containing 2 items each?

So for the 7 collections I have opened there is no other way except paying A LOT of coal to get the items?

Untitled4.jpg

So I'd need over 100 collection containers and that's being very lucky and getting almost no duplicates which is too optimistic so the more realistic expectation would be about 120 collection containers or more. So I'd need to spend at least 120,000 coal to finish those collections??

Seems too much IMHO.

That's the one and only way of obtaining those collection items?

5 answers to this question

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

There are more collections that can be completed via daily containers (upon "unlocking" that collection via a single themed container). The Russian BB collection, the American cruiser collection,... But I don't know from the top of my head which ones they were.

Players
2,106 posts
9,538 battles
20 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

There are more collections that can be completed via daily containers (upon "unlocking" that collection via a single themed container). The Russian BB collection, the American cruiser collection,... But I don't know from the top of my head which ones they were.

Well, the 7 I have opened can't be finished except buying collection containers for 1,000 coal each which would be a very expensive 'business' I'm not willing to do.

I found only those 2 as 'permanent' ones on the Wiki..

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Collections

But I know the Wiki is outdated more often than not.

I bought 1 container from each collection available at the 'arsenal' but none of them offer items obtainable from daily containers which is a pity.

I think the price for those collection containers should be lower, especially if buying more than one in order to complete a collection.

Investing over 100-120k coal for that is out of question for me and most players in a similar position I believe.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,115 posts
14,890 battles

Unless you can select manual collection, you can finish the collections only by buying containers, when they are available.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,609 posts

not the correct names but:

- Yamamoto

- Halsey

- High School Fleet

- Azur Lane

- The Big 8

- British DDs

- British CVs

- Fatherland

- Legion Of Honor

I got items for all those collections in daily containers

Players
2,106 posts
9,538 battles
10 hours ago, Klopirat said:

not the correct names but:

- Yamamoto

- Halsey

- High School Fleet

- Azur Lane

- The Big 8

- British DDs

- British CVs

- Fatherland

- Legion Of Honor

I got items for all those collections in daily containers

But there is no way you can commence any of them unless WG recycles them later on?

Because the containers they sell in the armory are only for the regular, non-permanent collections. Correct?

Sign in to follow this