Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MutsuAraAra

The totally real and legit backstory behind Bajie and Wukong

17 comments in this topic

[BLUMR]
Players
23 posts
13,213 battles

So I got Bajie after I whaled for some Lunar New Year crates, which was perfect as I did want that ship. Anyways got to talking with some of my former clan mates about how surprising that WG didn't make up some absurd backstory for how these ships came to be and just made the description about the characters the ships are named after. So I decided to come up with the absurd backstory myself.

First, Bajie: 'Originally the Izumo class battleship, Bingo, laid down in 1936, the ship was handed to the Republic of China as war reparations and was soon captured by the PLA. Renamed Bajie by Mao Zedong after a pig ran across the deck as the PLA captured it'

Wukong: 'Originally the Charles Martel class cruiser, Vercingetorix. The ship was sized by mutinous, communist sympathizing sailors during the First Indochina War and sailed to the PRC who took over the ship. Mao christened the ship Wukong, as a monkey wandered aborad the ship and slapped the captain who had been tied up by mutineers'

Totally legit and real :cap_book:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 15
  • Boring 1

Players
1,869 posts
19,310 battles

I have to admire the originality behind this, but 10/10 for the choice of original names and developing from their. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,737 posts
2 hours ago, MutsuAraAra said:

So I got Bajie after I whaled for some Lunar New Year crates, which was perfect as I did want that ship. Anyways got to talking with some of my former clan mates about how surprising that WG didn't make up some absurd backstory for how these ships came to be and just made the description about the characters the ships are named after. So I decided to come up with the absurd backstory myself.

First, Bajie: 'Originally the Izumo class battleship, Bingo, laid down in 1936, the ship was handed to the Republic of China as war reparations and was soon captured by the PLA. Renamed Bajie by Mao Zedong after a pig ran across the deck as the PLA captured it'

Wukong: 'Originally the Charles Martel class cruiser, Vercingetorix. The ship was sized by mutinous, communist sympathizing sailors during the First Indochina War and sailed to the PRC who took over the ship. Mao christened the ship Wukong, as a monkey wandered aborad the ship and slapped the captain who had been tied up by mutineers'

800px-French_opium_den.jpg

• Funny 2

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,287 posts
8,923 battles
3 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

I thought you're gonna lock it xD

Well I was thinking about it, but...

ConsideritanInvestment.thumb.png.f189975199f164d52c048c9d57d224a7.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Players
3,014 posts
7 hours ago, MutsuAraAra said:

The fact that it took a monkey slapping a tied up frenchman to realize you were joking is a testament to the quality of yr post :) Or sadly to my diminishing understanding of words as I enter my 2nd decade :/ 

[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles
3 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

The fact that it took a monkey slapping a tied up frenchman to realize you were joking is a testament to the quality of yr post :) Or sadly to my diminishing understanding of words as I enter my 2nd decade :/ 

Wait a second. 

You mean third decade, right?

[MAS-X]
Players
430 posts
10,435 battles
12 hours ago, MutsuAraAra said:

what about the dragon that runned over the bridge of the siliwangi?

[BLUMR]
Players
23 posts
13,213 battles
1 hour ago, dunbine said:

what about the dragon that runned over the bridge of the siliwangi?

Well Siliwangi was an actual ship in the Indonesian Navy, so doesn't really need a made up backstory...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[MAS-X]
Players
430 posts
10,435 battles
7 minutes ago, MutsuAraAra said:

Well Siliwangi was an actual ship in the Indonesian Navy, so doesn't really need a made up backstory...

Then i would love to ear the story that made the fleet of mao fight under the same flag with the indonesian one... ;)

Players
7,225 posts
245 battles

When our lord neusis graces us with gift of wisdom, the brain of chosen shall bring forth light of such illumination it shall inspire and blind all to those who may gaze upon its wonderous and questionable existance, through the path of enlightenment does one find a true motion to bring towards the large gathering of peoples.

uhun.

Spoiler

1101930375_sealrainbow2ndstage.png.2c96fd8171597f1d333c14f68070a6b1.png

Our Lord nuesis in his eternal happy and chonk state.

[I-J-N]
Players
5,442 posts
12 hours ago, MutsuAraAra said:

But.. there was a dragon.. right? Cause dragons are kinda cool and all that. :Smile_smile:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
5,202 posts
21,354 battles
On 1/31/2020 at 10:16 PM, MutsuAraAra said:

Yep, I totally agree to that. Sounds utterly believable. Like everbody knows that the russian navy always was the best in the world....

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this