You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

Changes in the armory

83 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,781 posts
4,043 battles

Commanders,

starting from Update 0.9.3, the following ships will no longer be available in the Armory:

• Soviet cruiser Smolensk, Tier X;
  • French battleship Jean Bart, Tier IX;
  • Soviet destroyer Neustrashimy, Tier IX;
  • American cruiser Flint, Tier VII;
  • American destroyer Black, Tier IX.

Smolensk and Jean Bart have become very popular on their Tiers. However, in order to maintain the diversity of team compositions at a proper level, these ships will be removed for an undefined time, but may return in future.

Due to the different reasons Neustrashimy, Flint, and Black are not very demanded for steel now and thus they won't be available for Steel, but not earlier than in half a year they will return to the Armory, where they will be obtainable in exchange for Coal.

We understand that accumulating resources for ships is a long process, which is why we wanted to warn you in advance, so that those interested can steer these ships into their Ports before Update 0.9.3 goes live in approximately two months. 

Additionally, we would like to give you heads-up on upcoming ships:

• French destroyer Marceau, Tier X. Will be available for Coal;
  • Japanese battleship Yashima, Tier X. Will be available for Steel;
  • Japanese destroyer Hayate, Tier X. Will be available for Free XP;
  • European destroyer Smaland, Tier X. Will be available for Free XP.

The exact Updates and the amount of required resources will be announced later.

• Cool 19
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,728 posts
25,044 battles

thx 4 sharing :Smile_honoring:... what i do miss somehow in there is news on 3.... let it be 4 (?) german ships :Smile_sad: (siegfried, mainz, ägir, odin)

• Cool 2

[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,039 posts
6,243 battles
14 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

Due to the different reasons Neustrashimy, Flint, and Black are not very demanded for steel now and thus they won't be available for Steel, but not earlier than in half a year they will return to the Armory, where they will be obtainable in exchange for Coal.

Thx for this early informations, good to know which ships get removed or which ships will be obtainable for which ressources :Smile_great:

But changing steel ships to coal ships?

It feels bad to have "wasted" steel for this ships. I have bought Black for 10.500 stell, which is quite a lot for me. If I would have known this, I would have save the steel for an other ship.

@Tanatoy: Will there be the possibilty to give back a formerly steel ship and get a steel refund?

• Cool 7
  • Angry 1

Beta Tester
3,389 posts
15,577 battles

@MrConway will we be able to get a steel refund on Neustrashimy, Flint and Black ?

Earning steel requires a lot of hard work and devotion to the game.

People have put in that work and earned the steel to be able to acquire ships that are otherwise not available.

They have spent their hard earned steel on these particular ships believing that they can only be acquired this way.

Personally, I bought Neustrashimy for steel just a month ago and now I feel kind of fooled, as I could just have gotten it for coal by waiting a few months more.

• Cool 10

Players
1,298 posts
19,580 battles

I bought Flint for steel couple of months back. It's amazing fun and no regrets for getting it. No refund needed :cap_like:

• Cool 4

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
4 minutes ago, Spartan_93 said:

Will there be the possibilty to give back a formerly steel ship and get a steel refund?

Wasn't there a similar discussion back then when Flint and Black were changed from 3x/5x R1 to steel? That the players that got either ship before the change feel "cheated" because now it's (significantly) less effort to get stuff?

I bought the Black ... about a year ago for steel. Am not that miffed, cause I see the upside: Flint for coal! HE Spammers unite!

• Cool 3

Players
23 posts
5,571 battles

Ohh that is just splendid. So I basically dumped out 11k hard earned steel for the Flint where I can get it now way more easily...and of course there will be absolutely not a single refund for those who did it the same way with Black and Neu. It's not like I'm saying that steel not worth for the Flint, just it is unfair as it will be obtainable way more easily from now.

Looks like I can't get Jean Bart now either, because I won't manage to get enough coal in this time.

Such excellent news really.

• Cool 3

[-TPF-]
Players
4,230 posts
17,693 battles
10 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Flint for coal! HE Spammers unite!

Gosh yes. The joy of Smolensk shall be visited upon all the tiers, and the Destroyers drivers shall weep and wail and Battleships shall be ablaze from stem to stern. The great Lord WG Balancing department shall look down and smile, for this will be good.

We've not had a great Tier VII  available to the masses for a while, so this is quite exciting news.

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,347 posts
3,855 battles
10 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

@MrConway will we be able to get a steel refund on Neustrashimy, Flint and Black ?

Earning steel requires a lot of hard work and devotion to the game.

People have put in that work and earned the steel to be able to acquire ships that are otherwise not available.

They have spent their hard earned steel on these particular ships believing that they can only be acquired this way.

Personally, I bought Neustrashimy for steel just a month ago and now I feel kind of fooled, as I could just have gotten it for coal by waiting a few months more.

As @Allied_Winter already pointed out, there is never a guarantee that a ship will be available for a particular resource forever. There will also be quite some time between the removal for steel and the eventual re-introduction for coal, during which time only the people who bought it for steel will be able to play it.

The reason we announced this so early, is so that you can make an informed decision going forward.

There are no refunds planned for these ships and as there are other ships that will be released for coal, you will probably have enough to spend that on as well.

32 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Why no news on the Siegfried? @Tanatoy

• Cool 4
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

Modder
4,875 posts
22,483 battles

This game has one rule: there are no rules. Today a ship X is the best, tommorow is a crap. Even the most exclusive, hard earn things can be changed to common ones. There is no point in striving for anything.

Steel ships converted for coal ? Fine. We are waiting for our steel back, Comrades :-).

41cEp8JPzgL.jpg

• Cool 5

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,631 posts
13,455 battles
3 minutes ago, MrConway said:

There will also be quite some time between the removal for steel and the eventual re-introduction for coal, during which time only the people who bought it for steel will be able to play it.

So why not just keep them for steel, so "only the people who bought it for steel will be able to play it"...?

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[SINT]
Players
980 posts
21,757 battles

Mixed feelings about this. Steel is a slow grind for most players and only Xmas events etc. are the main steel income for me. Currently around 17k steel and have ignored all other steel ships because focussed on Bourgogne ( dd’s not my thing and Atlanta works bad for me).

The 3 ships now becoming coal tier ships makes them somehow more easy to get although I value them no more then the “ snowflake” value and out of completionalist POV. But If I would have recently bought these steel ships I would be greatly upset.  I applaud that there will be an additional mid tier coal ship Flint.

The removal in just 2 months of Smolensk and JB ( I have both) is questionable. If you still want to get one of these you need to work hard on the daily rng coal crates...Without the discount earning 200k coal is a bit steep. Maybe one month more to give players some time to grind?

Maybe a bit too much DD’s in the coal/ FXP shop?

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,389 posts
15,577 battles
17 minutes ago, MrConway said:

There will also be quite some time between the removal for steel and the eventual re-introduction for coal, during which time only the people who bought it for steel will be able to play it.

There is no point in trying to fight you on that opinion, but you know very well that steel is much harder to get than coal and that this is a punch in the gut for everyone who recently bought such a ship for steel.

• Cool 3

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
15 hours ago, Tanatoy said:

We understand that accumulating resources for ships is a long process, which is why we wanted to warn you in advance, so that those interested can steer these ships into their Ports before Update 0.9.3 goes live in approximately two months. 

Now you only need to provide the ability to earn 200k coal within two months. otherwise, this "early warning" isn't worth much to me actually. The Jean Bart is the only coal ship I am missing. I have all the others. Seems like I will never get her now.

New additions for freeXP and coal are welcome. Would have loved to have the Yashima among those, not just all the DDs.

Will there be other ships taking the place of the Flint and Black in their price range for steel? I am far away from everything else with the meager 10k steel I currently own, as I am not earning much of that ressource. Not a clan wars player and not in a clan that is, and neither do I grind for the upper tiers of ranked battles due to those with steel rewards always being limited to top tier (IX or X) ships. Would love to see a real ranked season for tiers V or VI again.

Will the Black and Flint prices translate 1:1 from their current currency to the next (steel to coal exchange rate of 1:10)?

• Cool 5

[R3B3L]
Players
1,023 posts
30,855 battles

no longer be available in the Armory:

• Tier X;
  • Tier IX;
  • Tier IX
  • Tier VII;
  • Tier IX

(...)

upcoming ships:

• Tier X
  • Tier X
  • Tier X
  • Tier X

Nice to get new content! But what i see here is:

we lose some ships on tiers 7 - 10. What we get are four new T10 ships.

Are there any plans to release a mid-tier ship (like for example Leone) for coal?

• Cool 4

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
1 minute ago, VIadoCro said:

Are there any plans to release a mid-tier ship (like for example Leone) for coal?

This, so much this! There is a dire need for mid-tier content!

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
1,267 posts
16,463 battles

Smolensk and Jean Bart have become very popular on their Tiers. However, in order to maintain the diversity of team compositions at a proper level, these ships will be removed for an undefined time, but may return in future.

In case many of the readers are puzzled by the explanations, let me translate that from Wargamish to English:

Smolensk was overpowered as hell, which really doesn't concern us. What concerns us is, that, by implication, it was underpriced. So we remove it to offer it exclusively in christmas loot boxes together with the other OP ships that we officially removed for balacne reasons but effectively still sell.

Jean Bart, as originally Musashi and Kronshtadt, has become inexpensive in comparison to newer ships, like e.g. Georgia. We are raising prices and that would be all too obvious if the old ships with the old price tag would still be offered. So we give you a superficial reason as to why we remove it, the same reason we gave you for removing Musashi and Kronshtadt. Of course if you guys looked closely, you would realize that Kronshtadt has become such a rarity these days that we would have to reintroduce it now if the given reason applies, but that won't happen, since ... 750k FXP.

Flint is unpoular since one of it's major selling points was great AA and that is a contradiction in terms that we really cannot do anything about it, even in the second year of the CV.

Black would make us look like .... well make us look bad, since we intend to introduce a ship module allowing for 1.6km ensured torp spotting, which will get Black torps spotted 18s before impact. Creeping torps for some weird reason were far less popular than creeping smoke. Beats me. Besides, a DD with radar inevitably brings to the game the expectation to shoot a radared priority target, which keeps being too much to ask from the average team.

And Neustrashimy, yeah, we are honest about that. The reason it has to go really is that it was unpopular. No hidden agenda there. Neustrashimy was based on players ability to disengage targets when outgunned and did not synergize well with the omnipresent yolo mentality of most DD players.

Yes it's a long process, but no, two months is not a long time. I doubt there will be time enough for most people to still get one of these ships, unless they already have most of the required ressources. Especially steel has a rather discrete inflow.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 6

Players
1,870 posts
3,544 battles
15 ore fa, Tanatoy ha scritto:

Jean Bart have become very popular on their Tiers. However, in order to maintain the diversity of team compositions at a proper level,

Can you please stop removing ships because they are popular

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
4 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Can you please stop removing ships because they are popular

Read again. There is more ...

Smolensk and Jean Bart have become very popular on their Tiers.

Due to the different reasons Neustrashimy, Flint, and Black are not very demanded

It does look kinda weird, to see both reasons, essentially being complete opposites of each other, as an explanation to get to the same result.

(Not complaining, this time, just pointing something out.)

• Cool 1

Players
1,298 posts
19,580 battles

I really see no issues here. If you buy flint for steel right now.

1) You get an amazing ship for cheap steel price. It's really a bargain how good it is for how much it costs. My only regret is not getting it sooner.

2) You get to play it for at least 6 months before it gets reintroduced for coal. Which means you'll get familiarized with the ship, you'll push the captain to 19p, you'll be having loads of fun while others wait for it to get released.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1