Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
shonai

ST, changes to test ships

10 comments in this topic

WG Staff
26 posts
5 battles

European destroyer Västerås, Tier VI:

• Detectability ranges were increased:
    • By ships from 6.86 to 7.06 km;
    • After firing main guns in smoke from 2.44 to 2.51 km;
    • By planes from 2.9 to 2.99 km.

Effective main battery guns coupled with a relatively low detectability range made the ship very strong on her Tier. An increased detectability range will let enemies spot Västerås and disengage earlier.

European destroyer Småland, Tier X:

• Action time of the Surveillance Radar consumable increased from 15 to 20 s;
  • Main caliber guns firing range increased from 10.4 to 11.4 km.

The action time of the Surveillance Radar didn't let Småland use the consumable to its full potential.

British cruiser Cheshire, Tier VIII:

• Guaranteed ricochet angle for armor-piercing shells reduced from 65 to 60 degrees;
  • Main caliber guns reload time reduced from 13 to 11.5 s;
  • Main caliber guns firing range increased from 15.7 to 16.1 km;
  • Detectability range by ships reduced from 12.42 to 11.9 km.

Due to a small number of main caliber guns, Cheshire had rather low damage per minute and her detectability range prevented quick disengaging from combat. 

British cruiser Drake, Tier IX:

• Guaranteed ricochet angle for armor-piercing shells reduced from 65 to 60 degrees;
  • Main caliber guns reload time reduced from 18.5 to 18 s.

British cruiser Goliath, Tier X:

• Main caliber guns reload time reduced from 19 to 18.5 s.

We adjusted the parameters of British heavy cruisers based on testing results.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and subject to change.

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
11,887 battles

I wish italian cruisers would get a rate of fire buff as well in the nearest future but....I can only dream about it!

• Bad 2

[ENUF_]
Beta Tester
313 posts
17,268 battles

Can you increase the secondary range of Cheshire and Albermarle (3 km) pls. Surrey has 4,5 km and Devonshire has 5 km. That doesn't make any sense. I want to use some fun builds :(

[SHAD]
Players
2,913 posts
12,610 battles
13 hours ago, Animalul2012 said:

I wish italian cruisers would get a rate of fire buff as well in the nearest future but....I can only dream about it!

Oh yes I’d love to be able to drop 13k salvos on an angled battleship more often then every 20 seconds!

High tier Italian cruisers are very strong

Players
11 posts
5,795 battles
On 2/1/2020 at 7:30 AM, gopher31 said:

Oh yes I’d love to be able to drop 13k salvos on an angled battleship more often then every 20 seconds!

High tier Italian cruisers are very strong

You are right and I think it isn't that hard to get used to the reload of the guns. It was a bit uncomfortable at first but it works out with the right build and playstyle.

Where the Italians could use a buff is either their concealment or their range. As they have just the right amount of armor to get overmatched by everything but rarely get overpenned at the same time I feel they should have a way to get to saftey a bit easier. 

[ZEN]
Players
1,221 posts
13,819 battles
3 hours ago, Halleck19 said:

You are right and I think it isn't that hard to get used to the reload of the guns. It was a bit uncomfortable at first but it works out with the right build and playstyle.

Where the Italians could use a buff is either their concealment or their range. As they have just the right amount of armor to get overmatched by everything but rarely get overpenned at the same time I feel they should have a way to get to saftey a bit easier. 

The problem is that SAP only starts to function at tier 7-8, so 60% of the line is just trash, you lack cruiser tools and the ability to damage heavily angled targets. Got the tier 10 and that thing is decent, but that is due to the SAP having the best pen angles and it actually having a very good armour scheme with 40mm bow plating and spaced armour, had to run double rudder on it cause the entire line has trash rudder shift which is needed for dodging.

T5 has a decent armour scheme and good stealth, just terrible guns, bad ammo and a bad rudder.

T6 is the worst ship in the game which has the largest citadel with the weakest armour with the 2nd worst rudder and a concealment that is worse than most T6 BBs.

T7-9 are more playable but keep the terrible citadel size and terrible rudder, they do get a bit better in the concealment department over the tier 6 and from tier 8 you can get rid of the woeful rudder by running double rudder shift at the expense of concealment, but getting too close with that citadel will just get you 1 shot. Also at these tiers SAP becomes semi reliable, except when you need it most...

Basically WG designed a reasonable T10 then weakened the gimmicks down the line which basically makes the mid to low ships a liability to the team. And their gimmicky SAP is completely broken against DDs, and that is the only sort of team-play the ships are capable of...

[-TPF-]
Players
4,215 posts
17,569 battles
12 hours ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

T5 has a decent armour scheme and good stealth, just terrible guns, bad ammo and a bad rudder.

T6 is the worst ship in the game which has the largest citadel with the weakest armour with the 2nd worst rudder and a concealment that is worse than most T6 BBs.

I quite like Trento, but boy, does she need more smoke charges. Raimondo (the Tier V) has to be my least favourite ship of all, just because she is clearly a light cruiser but plays like a heavy, which is all wrong (especially when you're used to a Duca D'Aosta). I would swap out the SAP shells for normal Italian 6 inch guns and ammo any time, for the situations that ship gets into, the slow reload is a disaster. At least Genova has torps to fall back on.

• Cool 2

Players
11 posts
5,795 battles
16 hours ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

Basically WG designed a reasonable T10 then weakened the gimmicks down the line which basically makes the mid to low ships a liability to the team. And their gimmicky SAP is completely broken against DDs, and that is the only sort of team-play the ships are capable of...

I agree that the Italian line has almost no utility but I think the worst part of that is the legendary captain.

The talents on him are not some special buffs or life saving extras (automatic heal, extra consumables, etc.).

The extra range is nice but you very much need it like a glass of water in the desert so it is kind of unfair you have to unlock it in a battle instead of having a range buff for the whole line. At least getting a kill is not that hard. (Right?)

The reload increase is making the ship much more enjoyable but getting a confederate badge is hard and even if you got one in a match you have probably earned it towards the end so you have played most of the battle without the benefits.

I do not consider the consumable action time boost any useful as you do not have any that really benefits from it. Oh, and getting 100 hits in an Italian cruiser is way harder than it sounds.

So basically Sansonetti is there only to show you what the Italian cruisers need to be more enjoyable.

Regarding the DDs. It is true that SAP does massive damage to DDs but there is the problem of hunting them down. You have terrible detection range, no hydro and no radar. In the best possible scenario someone will detect the DD for you so you can use your shell velocity but if you miss you are out of luck. The long reload means the DD can escape, the absence of hydro means you won't see the counter torps and the terrible detection means everyone will see you and the shells will come.

Basically you can't hunt DDs, you can't trade with other cruisers, you can't tank or deal meaningful damage to BBs and you do not have competitive AA firepower. So what are the Italian cruisers are for?

Do not get me wrong, I enjoy them, I've just unlocked the Brindisi last weak but I feel they can be very frustrating a lot of the times and you are forced to play quite passive and I don't think the game needs more passivity right now...

P.S.: Sorry for the unending rant.

[ZEN]
Players
1,221 posts
13,819 battles
7 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

I quite like Trento, but boy, does she need more smoke charges. Raimondo (the Tier V) has to be my least favourite ship of all, just because she is clearly a light cruiser but plays like a heavy, which is all wrong (especially when you're used to a Duca D'Aosta). I would swap out the SAP shells for normal Italian 6 inch guns and ammo any time, for the situations that ship gets into, the slow reload is a disaster. At least Genova has torps to fall back on.

Well the reason I preferred the Raimondo is mostly cause the stealth allows you to ambush broadside cruisers and citadel them with AP and the fact the ship has spaced armour and thus reasonable survivability, and yes the reload is trash as it is on all the ships cause WG balanced the SAP to have DPM in line with HE... only SAP is 90% less consistent and this also means the AP DPM is the worst. Lets just say that the Molatov is 10 times better than the Trento, both have the same bad armour, but Molatov has better stealth, better range, better ballistics, utility consumables like Hydro, has a faster rudder and has reliable HE shells... only thing Trento is better at is turning circle... And I think having a cruiser that gets out spotted by almost all same tier BBs is a bad thing.

3 hours ago, Halleck19 said:

I agree that the Italian line has almost no utility but I think the worst part of that is the legendary captain.

The talents on him are not some special buffs or life saving extras (automatic heal, extra consumables, etc.).

The extra range is nice but you very much need it like a glass of water in the desert so it is kind of unfair you have to unlock it in a battle instead of having a range buff for the whole line. At least getting a kill is not that hard. (Right?)

The reload increase is making the ship much more enjoyable but getting a confederate badge is hard and even if you got one in a match you have probably earned it towards the end so you have played most of the battle without the benefits.

I do not consider the consumable action time boost any useful as you do not have any that really benefits from it. Oh, and getting 100 hits in an Italian cruiser is way harder than it sounds.

So basically Sansonetti is there only to show you what the Italian cruisers need to be more enjoyable.

Regarding the DDs. It is true that SAP does massive damage to DDs but there is the problem of hunting them down. You have terrible detection range, no hydro and no radar. In the best possible scenario someone will detect the DD for you so you can use your shell velocity but if you miss you are out of luck. The long reload means the DD can escape, the absence of hydro means you won't see the counter torps and the terrible detection means everyone will see you and the shells will come.

Basically you can't hunt DDs, you can't trade with other cruisers, you can't tank or deal meaningful damage to BBs and you do not have competitive AA firepower. So what are the Italian cruisers are for?

Do not get me wrong, I enjoy them, I've just unlocked the Brindisi last weak but I feel they can be very frustrating a lot of the times and you are forced to play quite passive and I don't think the game needs more passivity right now...

P.S.: Sorry for the unending rant.

Totally agree, but the SAP at high tiers can be deadly on DDs especially with the Shell velocity, getting a 15k hit on a DD is not that rare early into a match if you keep your guns ready to support your friendly DD when then find the enemy one, Line needs the Gimmicks removed then all the ships having a reload buff and ruddershift buff, weaken the Fuel smoke and allow them to have Hydro, then maybe give the tier 6-9 a proper armour scheme like Duca D'Aosta and Venezia.

Sign in to follow this